Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I happen to like SC so it doesn't bother me a bit. But I will, for the rest of my natural life, mute that type of hype piece if it involves any player or coach from one particular old hated rival. I would rather be dipped in gasoline and then lit like a torch with a Bic than suffer through that ish.

So, yeah, I get you! 😂
That coach, yes. But I do admit that I found a hype piece on Napheesa Collier during the Final Four (MSST buzzer beater) to be really interesting. Unless it's Taurasi, I don't have anything against the players.

Agree with all of these! If SDSU gets the upset, I think they could potentially pull off an upset of Va. Tech on the road, or at least make it really interesting. I wouldn't say that Michigan (vs. UNLV) or Washington St. (vs. FGCU) are givens to make it to the 2nd round; I think their 1st round matchups should be really fun.

Creighton vs. Notre Dame is another interesting 2nd round matchup, especially with the unknowns around the Olivia Miles injury.
You are correct I think on the FGCU/Wazu matchup, FGCU might win that game, they have 3-4 bombers that are awesome.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Raven Johnson, is there a better passer in the game? Watch this video from this season, skip the workout from injury stuff, go to the game action plays, her passes are off the charts..about the 1:15 mark, my god her passing skills..

Not likely, she is ready to move on imo, and it’s prob the best decision for her so I feel good about it.

Yeah I don’t see her staying. I actually think it could be detrimental for her to stay. Cardoso cut into her minutes and production a bit. I know Aliyah doesn’t mind so much but it could hurt her draft stock staying another year.

Yeah I don’t see her staying. I actually think it could be detrimental for her to stay. Cardoso cut into her minutes and production a bit. I know Aliyah doesn’t mind so much but it could hurt her draft stock staying another year.
Lot of merit in what you texted, there are injury concerns etc also, but she seems to be focused on being a pro and excelling at the top level, and I know she will be great in the WNBA just like her predecessor Aja has been. Boston’s Nil $ is from national sponsors mostly, so her stuff will carry over, she was smart and fortunate in that way. She is maybe the most unselfish star I have watched play the ladies game, she could have had a me first attitude, but always gave way to team first, and she is so humble in person, you have to wish her the best. As a SC fan I see and follow her more than outsiders, she is genuine, no fake with her, she is a team first gal. Genuinely a nice person.

Last edited:

I don't think Cardoso cut into her minutes. Dawn had the luxury of resting Aliyah knowing there would be little drop-off in most of their games. And in their big games, they played together a lot.

If Boston does stay another year, who could you see being drafted ahead of her in the 2024 draft?

Lot of merit in what you texted, there are injury concerns etc also, but she seems to be focused on being a pro and excelling at the top level, and I know she will be great in the WNBA just like her predecessor Aja has been. Boston’s Nil $ is from national sponsors mostly, so her stuff will carry over, she was smart and fortunate in that way. She is maybe the most unselfish star I have watched play the ladies game, she could have had a me first attitude, but always gave way to team first, and she is so humble in person, you have to wish her the best. As a SC fan I see and follow her more than outsiders, she is genuine, no fake with her, she is a team first gal. Genuinely a nice person.

Agree, I have nothing negative to say about Aliyah. I think she is one of the sweetest players and seems genuinely kind. She’s a beast on the floor but just really down to earth outside of basketball great combo. She’s been awesome for your program and would be if she comes back again.

Just not sure that’s in her best interest if she really wants to have a long pro career.

I don't think Cardoso cut into her minutes. Dawn had the luxury of resting Aliyah knowing there would be little drop-off in most of their games. And in their big games, they played together a lot.

If Boston does stay another year, who could you see being drafted ahead of her in the 2024 draft?
Clark maybe, not sure on that, if you were building a team do you go for the center or the SG? Brink is in the picture then also, as is Jax and I think Reese, I’m sure I am missing some others in consideration in 24, maybe Paige? I just don’t know who will be in that pool yet outside of Clark and perhaps Brink. If Paige is in that group she would be hard to pass on imo.

Clark maybe, not sure on that, if you were building a team do you go for the center or the SG? Brink is in the picture then also, as is Jax and I think Reese, I’m sure I am missing some others in consideration in 24, maybe Paige? I just don’t know who will be in that pool yet outside of Clark and perhaps Brink.

I’m not sure she would impact the draft at that level but someone reminded me Ayoka Lee will be back for KState next season. She is a BEAST if she comes back healthy and plays even better than before I could see her being a top 5 pick.

I’m not sure she would impact the draft at that level but someone reminded me Ayoka Lee will be back for KState next season. She is a BEAST if she comes back healthy and plays even better than before I could see her being a top 5 pick.
Paige would be serious consideration for #1 if she was available in 24. I may be partial here due to her skill level, which I think is off the charts when healthy, but I don’t know when she would enter the draft, though she would be eligible. She is one of those generational talents imo and maybe I overrate her some, but she is the best player I have watched play the game since her predecessor Stewart from the Huskies. Stewart was the best college women’s player I have ever seen in my lifetime, and that includes and considers the great UT players historically like Candice. I said best college player….

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09
Clark maybe, not sure on that, if you were building a team do you go for the center or the SG? Brink is in the picture then also, as is Jax and I think Reese, I’m sure I am missing some others in consideration in 24, maybe Paige? I just don’t know who will be in that pool yet outside of Clark and perhaps Brink. If Paige is in that group she would be hard to pass on imo.

If I’m a GM, I’m building a team around a big - just like Vegas did with A’ja and LA did with Candace. In a league with bigs like A’ja, Stewie, Candace, Nneka, Jonquel, Bri Jones, etc - I’m taking Boston off the board first.

If I’m a GM, I’m building a team around a big - just like Vegas did with A’ja and LA did with Candace. In a league with bigs like A’ja, Stewie, Candace, Nneka, Jonquel, Bri Jones, etc - I’m taking Boston off the board first.
I think I agree with you, but if I was a GM and Paige was there…….

VN Store

Back