Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Was asking in a Ghost Hunters kind of way. Any haunted refrains of The End or Riders on the Storm? Roadhouse Blues? Peace 🐸?
No, sorry. Just your typical old cemetery and a really unique catacomb with a million or so skulls. Rather creepy. (But interesting)

Attachments

• 5B2D2747-D777-427B-BE8F-88CD9D9F61A6.jpeg
    5B2D2747-D777-427B-BE8F-88CD9D9F61A6.jpeg
    514.4 KB · Views: 9
Here are some of the best opening round games on deck (my projected winner underlined):

USF vs Marq
OK vs Port (I'm calling the #12 upset here)
NCSU vs Princeton (I'm calling upset here also)
USC vs SDSU (Jack Rabbits can win this one)
Ole Miss vs Gonz
Drake vs L'ville (Drake can play)

Here are some potential juicy 2nd round matchups that would be must see TV:

Colorado vs Duke (I'd pick Buffs)
UT vs Iowa State (LV's should roll)
LSU vs Mich (tossup)
WSU vs Nova (another tossup, edge WSU)
VT vs SDSU/USC winner (Hokies could fall to either, I may change this pick tbh)
L'ville/Drake winner vs Texas (Longhorns should be first 4 seed to lose)

Last edited:
Here are some of the best opening round games on deck:

USF vs Marq
OK vs Port (I'm calling the #12 upset here)
NCSU vs Princeton (I'm calling upset here also)
USC vs SDSU (Jack Rabbits can win this one)
Ole Miss vs Gonz
Drake vs L'ville (Drake can play)

Here are some potential juicy 2nd round matchups that would be must see TV:

Colorada vs Duke (I'd pick Buffs)
UT vs Iowa State (LV's should roll)
LSU vs Mich (tossup)
WSU vs Nova (another tossup, edge WSU)
VT vs SDSU/USC winner (Hokies could fall to either)
L'ville/Drake winner vs Texas (Longhorns should be first 4 seed to lose)

Agree with all of these! If SDSU gets the upset, I think they could potentially pull off an upset of Va. Tech on the road, or at least make it really interesting. I wouldn't say that Michigan (vs. UNLV) or Washington St. (vs. FGCU) are givens to make it to the 2nd round; I think their 1st round matchups should be really fun.

Creighton vs. Notre Dame is another interesting 2nd round matchup, especially with the unknowns around the Olivia Miles injury.

You may be correct. If Conn had only followed Tenn’s example, if we’d only gotten our priorities right, simply asked for advice. A body farm was a possibility overlooked. Definitely limited my academic prowess.
If you are attempting to be snarky you are going to have to up your game. That was a very weak response.
I suspect innate ability hindered your academic prowess.

Carla Berube can coach, y'all. Geno's successor?
Unless Shea can make Vandy into a contender. Marisa Mosely. Swin Cash or Rene Montgomery could have it if they wanted to step down. Asjah Jones is the first to win a WNBA Championship as player and coach. right now she is Director of Basketball Strategy and planning for the Trailblazers. Sue Bird if she wanted it. Jemelle Elliott also would have to be considered.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Unless Shea can make Vandy into a contender. Marisa Mosely. Swin Cash or Rene Montgomery could have it if they wanted to step down. Asjah Jones is the first to win a WNBA Championship as player and coach. right now she is Director of Basketball Strategy and planning for the Trailblazers. Sue Bird if she wanted it. Jemelle Elliott also would have to be considered.
Elliott doesn't want to be a head coach again, Montgomery is part owner of the Atlanta Dream, Cash is in the front office of the New Orleans Pelicans, all too busy. Sue Bird would be a good choice, but I think Carla Berube is the best choice.

If you are attempting to be snarky you are going to have to up your game. That was a very weak response.
I suspect innate ability hindered your academic prowess.
Damn, I thought snark would be appealing at a time when the bathroom jokes, the sexual innuendos, and the nasty personal commentary is ramping up. I’ll certainly try to do better and comport myself In a manner that’s acceptable. But, when it comes to the foul wallow that gets traction with so many of the more popular posters, it’s difficult.

Juju Watkins will regret committing to USC. Mark my words. She’ll be in the portal after her freshman season.

Gottlieb cannot coach. She’ll be the next Kristine Anigwe. An extremely talented kid on a meh, mediocre team playing for a meh coach.

Gottlieb’s most talented teams at Cal under achieved the most. Still just don’t see what other people do there.

In other news, Oregon has a bunch of talented players heading to the NIT. What a sad decline for them. I think their assistant who left had a lot to do with the culture while graves was the basketball brain.

Nobody looked like they were having fun this season at Oregon. They’ll have some more transfers again this season. Won’t shock me if Tehina PaoPao is in the portal.

Last edited:
I’m other news, Oregon has a bunch of talented players heading to the NIT. What a sad decline for them. I think their assistant who left had a lot to do with the culture while graves was the basketball brain.

Nobody looked like they were having fun this season at Oregon. They’ll have some more transfers again this season. Won’t shock me if Tehina PaoPao is in the portal.

Actually Mark Campbell was the culture AND the brains. Sure KG had been coaching a long time and has experience but Mark was their recruiter, X’s & O’s coach, and drove their culture during Ionescu’s years. In fact he’s the reason she decided to attend Oregon. I bet a lot of people don’t know that he spent almost 2 months in Germany recruiting Satou and Nyara? Minyon Moore was going to Baylor until Mark called her and convinced her to change her mind. Erin Boley was convinced that Oregon St. style fitted her best until Mark Campbell and Jackie Nared-Hairston( Jaime’s sister) told her to visit Eugene. And it’s not a coincidence that he’s got Sac St to their first NCAA appearance after 3 years there. The guy is legit. I think KG might be pass his time. Clearly they can still recruit but culturally they’re declining and everyone can see that.

Anyone else think VT might not get past their second round game? USC has a great defense and is battle tested, the Jack Rabbits are born giant killers, it might happen. I’d give it at least a 30-40% chance they fall in that game.

You're not alone. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go down in Blacksburg.

Anyone else think VT might not get past their second round game? USC has a great defense and is battle tested, the Jack Rabbits are born giant killers, it might happen. I’d give it at least a 30-40% chance they fall in that game.

Virginia Tech is on a roll. I mean they could lose before the Sweet Sixteen but I think that is unlikely.

In as much as Tennessee is playing better than when they lost to Tech, so are the Hokies. As a neutral, if the two teams end up playing, I see that game as more or less a toss-up.

Virginia Tech is on a roll. I mean they could lose before the Sweet Sixteen but I think that is unlikely.

In as much as Tennessee is playing better than when they lost to Tech, so are the Hokies. As a neutral, if the two teams end up playing, I see that game as more or less a toss-up.

UT will likely handle VT if they meet. I say if they meet because I think there is a solid chance VT gets beat before that game.

Mississippi State in the play in game at 7.

Because of the blessings of this week, I'm thinking about actually NOT rooting for the end (FINALLY) of Annie Hayes' career. Big character hurdle for me if it happens!

I'm rooting for Mississippi State and, for the sake of karma, I hope Rickea is rootng for them, too. No sense in her having negative energy in her spirit right now. I find in life it's better to be positive and kind and generous and forgiving with others when I am, myself, trying to reach a goal that takes my positive energy and focus.

Had to turn it off at halftime before the So Carolina lovefest began. Because any game is a good game to sing the praises. I believe Zia is getting the halo tonight, though how that's related to MSU/Illinois escapes me.

Had to turn it off at halftime before the So Carolina lovefest began. Because any game is a good game to sing the praises. I believe Zia is getting the halo tonight, though how that's related to MSU/Illinois escapes me.
I hear you glv……it comes with the territory when a team is undefeated, as previous UT teams have been and I guess we need to understand the media angle, they go for the low hanging fruit. I would also guess UT players have had the same treatment in the past, but I get it.

Last edited:

Well, they ARE the undefeated defending champion with the POY, DPOY, etc., and is perhaps the most probable to win the championship of any team since Breanna Stewart's teams' runs. Lol

I hope and pray that one day everyone outside of Tennessee and its fanship will get sick to death about hearing about us again. I miss those days. 🥹

VN Store

Back