Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And if fully healthy, they'd have had Bueckers. Might be undefeated.
SC has already beaten Uconn with both Paige and Azzi in the lineup, twice in a row. Have beaten them since that also, it’s like 4 of 5 now. Ok, project how you want, SC has handled them with all on board already. Until Connie’s beat this SC team it’s all talk. They fear SC btw, look at BY, they want nothing to do with SC. They know. Geno knows also, he can’t beat this current SC lineup. Prob no team can, they are zeroed in on another NC. Mark it.

Last edited:
SC has already beaten Uconn with both Paige and Azzi in the lineup, twice in a row. Have beaten them since that also, it’s like 4 of 5 now. Ok, project how you want, SC has handled them with all on board already. Until Connie’s beat this SC team it’s all talk. They fear SC btw, look at BY, they want nothing to do with SC. They know. Geno knows also, he can’t beat this current SC lineup. Prob no team can, they are zeroed in on another NC. Mark it.

They’re SO sensitive lately Rooster 🤣🤣🤣

We’re gonna have to put on white gloves to handle these Connies.

I think we would have a shot with everybody back, but yes, we would not like to play them before the NC game. Our first priority would be to get to the final 4, then the NC game. We feel we have a much better chance to get there if we avoid SC, but if we match up in the big game, anything can happen. BTW @Rooster1, is there a team that you would be nervous about going into the tournament?

Reactions: dlhx
Fq3fhEgWIAkhdTd
Women do not get "less" visits.
Men's changed to 35, women's to 30. That seemed like less to me.

Reactions: mcannon1
I think we would have a shot with everybody back, but yes, we would not like to play them before the NC game. Our first priority would be to get to the final 4, then the NC game. We feel we have a much better chance to get there if we avoid SC, but if we match up in the big game, anything can happen. BTW @Rooster1, is there a team that you would be nervous about going into the tournament?
Stanford and Indiana.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah he doesn’t belong in there at all. If anyone from the Big 12 should be on there it’s Jacie Hoyt. She’s done more in her first season than Oklahoma State has done in probably a decade or more. At least since Andrea Riley

Lisa Bluder doesn't belong among the COY semifinalists either. Her team has performed as expected so far. And as poorly as Iowa plays defense, I firmly believe that the Hawkeyes are a very long shot to make the Final Four.

And why is Brenda Frese not a COY semifinalist with the on-the-fly rebuild she did this season?!

Lisa Bluder doesn't belong among the COY semifinalists either. Her team has performed as expected so far. And as poorly as Iowa plays defense, I firmly believe that the Hawkeyes are a very long shot to make the Final Four.

And why is Brenda Frese not a COY semifinalist with the on-the-fly rebuild she did this season?!

I agree, I’m not a Brenda fan but there is no denying her coaching ability. The reload she pulled off this season was nothing short of miraculous after it appeared they were imploding.

Fearing them and not wanting to see them until the FF are two different things. If they have to meet in the same region, UConn wouldn’t be scared at all.

I think the OP was referring to the fans, not the actual team. In any case I don’t think the team will be afraid but I also don’t think Rooster was lying saying some fans are afraid of a SC rematch.

Fearing them and not wanting to see them until the FF are two different things. If they have to meet in the same region, UConn wouldn’t be scared at all.

in order to win the national championship, the consensus is that all roads lead through South Carolina. Therefore, I don’t believe anyone that feels they are able to win the national championship, is “afraid” of South Carolina. I believe there are large segments of fan bases that prefer to delay it until the final game if possible. Me, I feel to be the best you have to beat the best, and it doesn’t matter when you play them IF it is in evitable that to win a national championship you must beat them. However, I can think of two examples were the predominant favorite lost prior to the final game helping someone win the national championship. Overwhelming favorite Baylor losing to Louisville basically handed the championship to UConn, and UConn losing to Mississippi State (Hail State) handed the championship to USC. I believe that many UConn fans take confidence in the fact that they played them to within four points with a skeleton crew.

Carla Berube can coach, y'all. Geno's successor?

That has been a popular belief since even before she was at Princeton, while she was at Tufts. While she is pretty successful as a coach, it’s unbelievable what she did as a player. In high school she lost a total of one game (final 3 years) and was something like 75 - 1. In college she was 138-8. (Going from memory, but I believe those numbers are pretty accurate.) Her coaching record has been pretty decent and she has been mentioned as Geno‘s successor for many many years.

VN Store

Back