Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Coaching changes?

I can’t see how Auburn can go with Coach Flo again, have always really liked her, but 0-15 in SEC play is tough to ignore. They might give her one more season because of the huge roster change this year, but my guy says she’s out.

MSST has some thinking to do IMO. Highly doubt they fire McCray after one season. Her first season was really unimpressive though. Repeatedly benching her best player but getting no results from it wasn’t a good look. Even if they don’t make a coaching change I think they’re headed for a tough season next year and lots of transfers this year.

Vanderbilt needs to seriously consider a change. White isn’t getting it done and seemed like she had no handle on her program this season. Still don’t think cancelling was her idea, sounded like some of her team went behind her back and called their season for her. They’ll have more transfers entering the portal soon. Don’t think she’s going to turn it around in Nashville. This is a good time for them to make a change since they didn’t play most of the season anyway.

Outside of those 3 I don’t see any other schools making a move. I think Florida will give Newbauer a couple more season before they go a different direction. MIZZOU should make a change but likely won’t. They seem comfortable with Pingeton, but she just isn’t ever going to get it done. Her best shot was with Cunningham and they still only made a little noise.

One final thought, I could see Coach Blair retiring. He has had an incredible career, and they have had an excellent season. Just the one blemish and he has a veteran team. He’s 75 years old going on 76 this season and they have most of their core players graduating. He could have a couple more seasons in him but I do wonder if he might hang it up this season since it’s been a really good one and it will be a transition time for the program anyway next year.

Last edited:
Arkansas makes SEC history with 19 3-pointers in a game
not many teams are going to beat you if you can make 19 3 pointers in a game!!

Hopefully they got it out of their system. Shame on Alabama for giving Ramirez 14 attempts from 3 though. She’s the best shooter in the SEC and they let her go 8-14. At some point you have to face guard her when she shoots like that.

Glad to see them best that record so MIZZOU doesn’t have it though. Just a preference but I can’t stand Missouri lol.

Last edited:
DePaul about to drop their 3rd game out of the last four. All losses to unranked opponents. Why they were ever in the top 25 is beyond me. Marquette has played better all season and got no love from anyone.

DePaul about to drop their 3rd game out of the last four. All losses to unranked opponents. Why they were ever in the top 25 is beyond me. Marquette has played better all season and got no love from anyone.
They lost to Texas AM 93 91 early in the year. I wonder if they have some injuries or just falling apart as the season ends. Losing to 2 and 16 Butler should almost have them not in the tournament. That's as bad as it gets as a "ranked" team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
They lost to Texas AM 93 91 early in the year. I wonder if they have some injuries or just falling apart as the season ends. Losing to 2 and 16 Butler should almost have them not in the tournament. That's as bad as it gets as a "ranked" team.

Morris, one of their better players, did not play today. She has been available in all their other games. I’m not sure why she was out. Definitely played a part today, but they have other scorers and Butler is very bad. Their loss to Creighton was pretty bad as well.

Marquette is a decent team so I can see that one.

I think that A&M game is actually what bolstered DePaul’s high ranking to start the season. In reality I think they’re just a veteran team that hit an A&M squad still getting organized. A&M had a ton of new pieces to work in this season.

A&M also got better as the season went on because they got deeper. They benefitted from the transfers being made eligible and had a lot of depth all around.

Last edited:
Baylor came out of the locker room ready to play. Putting it on Texas right now.

NyLyssa Smith is playing very well and she looks like none other than Rennia Davis doing it. She hit a baseline, contested, fade away jumper and it looked just like Ms. Davis.

4 point swing to end the 3rd quarter has got to be the nail in the coffin for Texas. Had a chance to cut it to 10 and instead let Carrington to take it end to end then fouled her. 14 point game headed into the 4th.

Baylor came out of the locker room ready to play. Putting it on Texas right now.

NyLyssa Smith is playing very well and she looks like none other than Rennia Davis doing it. She hit a baseline, contested, fade away jumper and it looked just like Ms. Davis.

She is a player with hops her and 6-3 Queen Egbo can be a hand full. Texas 5-11 6-0 Audrey Warren is a pretty good shooter but she is having a hard time trying check 6-2 NyLyssa Smith on the defensive end just not gonna happen.

She is a player with hops her and 6-3 Queen Egbo can be a hand full. Texas 5-11 6-0 Audrey Warren is a pretty good shooter but she is having a hard time trying check 6-2 NyLyssa Smith on the defensive end just not gonna happen.
What happened to DeYonna Gaston? She showed a lot of promise early on in the season, but it doesn't look like she's in the rotation anymore.

USC Athletics is just wrong for making Cheryl Miller,Lisa Leslie and the McGee twins share 1 banner imagine if Candace, Tamika and Chamique had to share one banner

Reactions: Eric Viesturs
West Virginia WBB starting point guard Madisen Smith will miss the remainder of the regular season, as well as the Big 12 tournament, recovering from a leg injury; will be evaluated following the Big 12 tourney

West Virginia WBB starting point guard Madisen Smith will miss the remainder of the regular season, as well as the Big 12 tournament, recovering from a leg injury; will be evaluated following the Big 12 tourney

Dang that’s a big loss for them. Probably means Gondrezick will have to run the point a lot taking her out of scoring position. WV has already taken a couple lumps and kept on ticking though. Norris was a pretty big loss defensively for them but Ejifor stepped up pretty well the last third of the season.

Carson could run the point as well I suppose. Neither she nor Kysre are traditional PGs though. I think Kyrse is probably the better option being a veteran player at tourney time.

Last edited:
USC Athletics is just wrong for making Cheryl Miller,Lisa Leslie and the McGee twins share 1 banner imagine if Candace, Tamika and Chamique had to share one banner

I'm curious about Jantel's tweet. Is she wondering why OSU didn't sell a shirt with her name on it, or did she expect one gifted to her by the school in honor of her accomplishment? The latter I can see if there's a precedence for it with other student-athletes; if it's the former, I'm sorry Jantel...but who the hell would buy that :confused:?

Reactions: brassie

VN Store

Back