Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

No reason to debate ignorance, but why not try. The fact that you think Adidas teams get to choose who they play in the sessions tell me you have no clue how summer ball works. Adidas, similar to EYBL, breaks teams into pools. For Adidas they play everyone in their pool plus one game outside of their pool. The teams have NO CONTROL over who they play in a session. Again, since you don’t even know the setup I assume you don’t know the teams either. Their pool is ranked 2 out of 4 pools in the circuit through 2 sessions and have 3 teams that made the final 8 last year.

The rest is mostly opinion. You are entitled to yours, but we’ve seen and heard about coaches reinventing basketball before. Sometimes it works for a bit, but mostly it doesn’t. Georgia Amoore and Kenny Brooks aren’t likely worried about a press they torched and beat by 47 points last year. The players might be more athletic, but they will still have a roster of players who couldn’t excel at bottom feeder SEC programs and they won’t have a draft prospect anywhere on the roster.

As far as NB and FC, those quotes were from people who have been ranking players for 25+ years and have nearly every major college on their client list. I don’t know what FC will turn out to be and neither do you. But to act like it’s normal for a 8th grader to have 4-5 offers from teams ranked in the top 25 before high school is just ignorant. Out of those 4-5 offers she had Ohio St the year they went to the Elite 8 and LSU when they won the title. There aren’t too many kids walking around middle school with offers from 2 of the final 8 teams in the tourney when they cut off their recruitment before high school. Maybe she drops to 30 before she graduates. Do you not understand that every school not named SCar would celebrate a commitment from the 30th ranked player?

Prepare for the WNBA? Do you watch those games? I’m happy to loan you a Synergy account if you need it to see that the percentage of time pressing in the league is minimal and the amount of time remaining on the shot clock when the shot goes up is a very low number. The new style will be exciting. No doubt. But no one in the WNBA or NBA plays that way. Unless you’re saying that a young D2 coach with almost no D1 experience has thought of something the top minds at the pro level haven’t. 🙄

I agreed with you on Team USA and I agree 100% on AC. She is special! Very, very special! Neither FC nor NB are even in that conversation. But very few are. I’ve seen her develop for years and watching her at session 2 of EYBL made me appreciate her even more. But I know from several levels of personal knowledge that UT was a long shot before and has just above zero chance now. Let’s just say the style isn’t very enticing to the decision maker and leave it at that.

I actually enjoy the banter. Just not the few items that are factually incorrect. The rest will be fun to see how they play out. 🍿 indeed!
Fantastic post!

You can Kiss my ASS! Some of you think you're smarter than you are ! Take your rooster DA back to tge USCjr board. We don't need you here. Oh wait, USCjr probably doesn't have a board, my bad.
Yep. Ya aren’t representing a centered fanbase. You’re certainly not representing me. Crawl back under yer rock.

You can Kiss my ASS! Some of you think you're smarter than you are ! Take your rooster DA back to tge USCjr board. We don't need you here. Oh wait, USCjr probably doesn't have a board, my bad.
What do you mean "we" ?

Rooster even though is one of those Gamecocks was very nice to me when I first started posting in this forum. Hell even nicer than the Lady Vol fans and "we" all know these fans aren't the easiest to communicate with.

It was announced today that UConn will be playing Iowa State in the Hall of Fame game at Mohegan Sun on Dec. 17. The other game will pit Seton Hall against LSU. This may be Mulkeys toughest OOC opponent next year. LOL. I doubt I will stay and watch that game, on the other hand, maybe an upset could possibly happen. LOL

It was announced today that UConn will be playing Iowa State in the Hall of Fame game at Mohegan Sun on Dec. 17. The other game will pit Seton Hall against LSU. This may be Mulkeys toughest OOC opponent next year. LOL. I doubt I will stay and watch that game, on the other hand, maybe an upset could possibly happen. LOL
You never want to say a team has NO chance, so I’ll just say Seton Hall has no chance.

I mean, Dawn has placed a number of players in the W, has a strong connection with A’ja Wilson and the Aces to the extent the Aces will play a game in SC, and has built the kind of culture that rappers and politicians pay attention to their program. I’d go there if I was a kid with the chance too. plus they essentially get a salary!

I mean, Dawn has placed a number of players in the W, has a strong connection with A’ja Wilson and the Aces to the extent the Aces will play a game in SC, and has built the kind of culture that rappers and politicians pay attention to their program. I’d go there if I was a kid with the chance too. plus they essentially get a salary!

With a new raise in the works look for Dawn to become the highest paid coach in women's basketball.

Rooster I usually agree with you but I agree with Lucy. You can't call her A top 15 player with only 2 games played. Look at her 2022 & 2023 stats. Then look at her 2019 -23' GP too Injury prone . 2023 - 18th in pts on 40.3% & 34.2% . 2022 10th in pts on 37.3% & 33.7%.. she doesn't play defense her stats are no longer elite. still a great player but one dimensional. Being in the top 15 in pts scored doesn't mean your a top 10 or 15 player.

I can name quite a few guards who should be on team over her

Lloyd
Ionescu
KAHLEAH COPPER
J Young
Plum
Grey if healthy

CC
R Howar
Arike Ogunbowale

Now look at her stats...she is not top 15 player....

dt isn't even in the top 25 with respect to rebounds & assists. 1 assist per game....No defense, often injured....Give another player who's worthy a chance. The olympics happen every 4 years Be humble an accept the fact other player are more deserving

Now look at her stats...she is not top 15 player....

dt isn't even in the top 25 with respect to rebounds & assists. 1 assist per game....No defense, often injured....Give another player who's worthy a chance. The olympics happen every 4 years Be humble an accept the fact other player are more deserving
Yeah, she is slowing down, no question. I‘ve come around to the realization that she does not deserve to be on the USA roster.

Reactions: krichunaka
Yeah, she is slowing down, no question. I‘ve come around to the realization that she does not deserve to be on the USA roster.
For me it's all about principle. I don't care if she's the greatest player ever born nor what her current stats are. It's called "a chance of a lifetime", not 5 or 6 chances of a lifetime, especially when claiming those extra chances costs other deserving players their one chance. It's ego and selfishness on an astonishing scale. I already didn't care for her, but this leaves a real tarnish on her legacy for me. Epic public selfishness and the worst possible example for little girls who might look up to her.

Epic public selfishness and the worst possible example for little girls who might look up to her
The great ones have to be dragged out of the arena. I remember Willie Mays running around in circles trying to find a fly ball while playing for the Mets. Yet he was on the NL all star team his last year. Also I think it's a bit of hyperbole to declare an athlete's drive and desire for one more time as the 'worst possible example for little girls." I guess you haven't been watching the newest soap opera that used to be called the WNBA.

The great ones have to be dragged out of the arena. I remember Willie Mays running around in circles trying to find a fly ball while playing for the Mets. Yet he was on the NL all star team his last year. Also I think it's a bit of hyperbole to declare an athlete's drive and desire for one more time as the 'worst possible example for little girls." I guess you haven't been watching the newest soap opera that used to be called the WNBA.
We'll have to agree to disagree. If I take a fifth helping while others are begging for a crumb, that's not drive and desire. That's appaling selfishness.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If I take a fifth helping while others are begging for a crumb, that's not drive and desire. That's appaling selfishness.
Agreed that we disagree. Me, I'm 76 I daydream about certain plays. In my mind I have never quit playing. If my body was as young as my mind I would still be out there.

Agreed that we disagree. Me, I'm 76 I daydream about certain plays. In my mind I have never quit playing. If my body was as young as my mind I would still be out there.
Keep on trucking @NeedOrange , never slow down, congrats on 76 years young. Pretty sure you have been waiting 7-6 years for a season with the potential this one holds for your Huskies…should be an awesome season for WBB. There are no guarantees of anything beyond anyones lifetime, enjoy it while it’s still there.

Last edited:
But it is. She's selfish. She's not about giving back to the game, and for a league like the WNBA that has historically been starved by fans...the players need to give back. But they are all so damn selfish and entitled that they can't see the forest for the trees.

Hello LV fans, hope you've been enjoying the off-season. 😊

Just stopped by to say ... don't put away your pitchforks just yet because UConn just announced they signed Geno for a 5 year extension.

Carry on. ;)
Five more final four and national titles.

VN Store

Back