Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I think Maryland might actually fall out of the top 25 next week, or very close. They have two losses to unranked opponents in the season and a few more close calls. The only ranked opponent they have beaten so far this season is Michigan who has been in and out of the top 25 due to inconsistency as well.

The problem North Carolina will have later down the road is no bench that will hurt them come March.

Reactions: VolBall09
Where the UConn fans at?

Called it, but Baylor won even bigger than I expected. I knew NyLyssa would have a turn around game today. Congrats to the Lady Bears.
Right here! reading all your victory statements. WE didn't have an answer for Baylor in the 4th period. and got whipped. Not the first time. But going into this year I was worried about this game and the SC game (@SCspur can attest to that) I figured we would lose 3 games for the year (Baylor, SC, and Oregon). With this team I am just hoping to keep the string of final 4 appearances going. Geno and CD have both said, and I quote, " I know what a top rated team looks like, this is not that team." So this is going to be a great year of WBB. But with the commitments we have in the 2020, 2021, and 2022 classes, it won't be too long before UConn is 'bad for women's basketball again.

Reactions: mcannon1
We've finally got to the point where no team will ever be dominant year in and year out again there will always be more than a couple teams that can win the title.

Who does everyone predict to be upset in the PAC-12 today?

Lots of great games. I think Oregon state might take their first L of the season against Arizona. I think Oregon will beat Az St. handily.

Stanford should handle CAL but that’s a rivalry game so you never know.

I also think UCLA could be upset by Utah, they aren’t having as good of a season this year as last, but they have some tough players and a home court advantage.

I think Colorado gets back on track and beats USC. Colorado played well in the non-con. Beat their first PAC-12 opponent, Utah, but then had to play both Oregon schools on the road. A tough start to conference play for them.

Last edited:
Baylor lol...and just about every other top 10 team they’ll face in the tourney.

Team 1 Starter minutes - 40, 34, 28, 40, 30. Bench minutes - 14, 8, 6
Team 2 Starter minutes - 32, 38, 23, 40, 39. Bench minutes - 18, 9, 1

You really see a big difference here?

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Unfortunately for UConn, there's a difference between having quality depth on the bench versus a couple of warm bodies...

And what did Baylor have? I didn't see much quality there.

Baylor 28 minutes, 7 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
UConn 28 minutes, 3 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal

Baylor didn't win because their bench was better.

I'm shocked at how bad UConn's center played last night. had to be her worst game ever at UConn. That most probably does not happen against Tenn. :(

Reactions: Rixxx
You’re sad your team lost lol. You’ll be fine, I promise.
Of course I am. You were sad 3 times this year.

I'm fine now. Thanks for your concern.

And thanks for not replying to what I actually posted proving you really didn't have any facts.

if you watched the 1st quarter of the game you would think Cooper is not D1 material. Her shot was terrible.

Reactions: Rixxx
Newdog should consider that a dislike for Geno and Connecticut wasn’t the only reason many of us were rooting for Baylor. I root for Baylor in games like this primarily because Kim Mulkey loved Pat Summitt and always gave her the respect she deserved. She doesn’t resort to childish mindgames in victory or defeat.

VN Store

Back