Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Geno still coaches better movement off the ball than anyone in the game....he does not need better "talent", his development and coaching still far exceeds most if not all programs. Having said that, this is a rare year where he really needs no injuries because this UCONN team is thinner than most he has had for a long while. In addition, once the tourney starts, his best player(s) will need to stay away from foul trouble. I think the smart opposing teams will try to attack his top 2 players offensively to see if they can put them in foul trouble, because if that happens, UCONN cannot win deep in the tourney, too many teams with more depth and similar talent this year.

Which teams have more depth that they actually play in competitive games?

Reactions: mlindsay
Good point!
I hear that all the time but when you look into the team they say plays 8-9 players actually play only 6-7 in close games.

I'm sure Rooster is talking about South Carolina, one of the few teams that does go 8-9. But I bet it's less when they play UConn.

And UConn is actually going 7 deep these days.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
January 9th - a number of good matchups, both in the SEC and nationwide, and I would expect some "upsets" if you gauge upsets this early in January

Congrats to Baylor. Is landrum not playing as well this year on offense? I seem to remember she was on fire at times last year. Cox will make a big difference if she stays healthy.

Just a thought. If Baylor wins another NC with transfer with cooper, does mulkey go after another transfer guard with experience? Seems to work.

Reactions: BUBear
Well I felt bad Rhyne Howard hung 37 on us well she just spanked Bama with 43👀👀

Then Boston from SC just had a 19 point 25 REBOUND game 😂

These young bucks out here ballin’... Ms Horston and Ms Key both have talent as well and I am glad they are Lady Vols! The future of the SEC is in good hands!

VN Store

Back