Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Louisville made a late run to cut lead to nine, but State overcame the traps and pressure to end up winning 74-60.

Cunane 7-9 for 16 pts and 7 rebounds in first game back in over a month according to announcers.

In fourth quarter, announcers said Louisville only had 1 assist in second half at that point. Edit: Lobo just said Lville ended that way...1 assist second half, six for the game.

Louisville made a late run to cut lead to nine, but State overcame the traps and pressure to end up winning 74-60.

Cunane 7-9 for 16 pts and 7 rebounds in first game back in over a month according to announcers.

In fourth quarter, announcers said Louisville only had 1 assist in second half at that point.

Yep, NC State defense hit Louisville like a buzz saw. Took them all the way out of their offense and forced a ton of tough, one on one, forced shots. Dana Evans was a standout performer as usual, but the rest of Louisville was unimpressive.

Not so fast my friend. Moon Ursin has finally put the pieces together.

Full Moon fever: Ursin leads the way as Lady Bears stomp TCU, 82-49

It was Ursin’s fifth straight game of 12 or more points. That stretch includes a couple of double-doubles as she has averaged 17.6 points eight rebounds since the calendar turned to 2021.
Moon Ursin ended her January in style in Baylor's 85-77 win at Iowa State. She added another double/double (11pts, 15 rebs and 6 assists). Girl can jump for 5'6".

Reactions: ruvol and VolBall09
Yep, NC State defense hit Louisville like a buzz saw. Took them all the way out of their offense and forced a ton of tough, one on one, forced shots. Dana Evans was a standout performer as usual, but the rest of Louisville was unimpressive.

Sooo, if South Carolina could find a way to beat UConn in a week, we might have the #1 team in the country coming to TBA...

She's actually dunked before in practice but she might never attempt to in a game due to the fear of Mulkey.
There’s BUBear! We were just wondering where you were the other day! We were discussing how Mulkey can rock the leatherette and that she was a friend to Pat when times got tough.

Reactions: BUBear
...and neither is Arkansas....oh wait, nevermind.
Arkansas has way more fire power offensively in my opinion. Ive watched South Carolina on multiple occassions struggle on offense. I just think UCONN comes out firing on all cylinders in this game. They need to make a statement after the Arkansas loss.

Reactions: mcannon1
Arkansas has way more fire power offensively in my opinion. Ive watched South Carolina on multiple occassions struggle on offense. I just think UCONN comes out firing on all cylinders in this game. They need to make a statement after the Arkansas loss.
ONO is gonna get beat up in the paint, that's for sure. UConn will have to fight for this one, and they can't rely solely on offensive power to win this (case in point, Arkansas).

Sooo, if South Carolina could find a way to beat UConn in a week, we might have the #1 team in the country coming to TBA...

Honestly, I would vote NC State #1 this week and probably leave it there as long as they kept winning.

They have road wins against two presumptive #1 seeds and I would not hold the loss against them since there was no Cunane.

Honestly, I would vote NC State #1 this week and probably leave it there as long as they kept winning.

They have road wins against two presumptive #1 seeds and I would not hold the loss against them since there was no Cunane.
Agreed, if only because they beat two #1 teams. Problem is, Louisville never should have been #1 in the first place and was there solely because they hadn't lost yet through a mostly easy schedule. By wins & win quality, I think SC should've been #1 once they proved themselves in SEC play

Reactions: Eric Viesturs

I suspect the game will look a lot like the UCONN-Tennessee game.

For me it’s a toss up between NC State and South Carolina for #1. NC State deserves that distinction currently having beaten two #1 teams and owning the head to head over SC.

That said, up to this point I believe SC has looked like the best team outside of that NC State game. Both teams played absolutely terrible in that game. Defense was good but they both looked tight. Terrible shooting night for both clubs so it’s hard to gauge who was really the better team based on that one.

If NC State drops any further games SC will take back over at the #1. I for one would like an opportunity at the #1 team in Knoxville. We match up better with SC than any other team outside of Zia Cooke but our backup PGs have been brining the D lately. Means they also matchup with us, but I think that will be a great game of two teams with similar philosophy this season.

VN Store

Back