Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Damn, what is that I see scheduled for Thursday night? A Rutgers game? It can't be!!

It's been over a month since they last played with their last SEVEN games being cancelled.

I'll be happy if they play, win or lose.

I’m surprised they r even continuing with their season. They have so many make up games it isn’t even funny.

Could they just not get it under control going back and looking it seemed to be on the part of Rutgers why these games were cancelled/postponed (except michigan game who shut down whole athletic department).

I know many here think that Emily deserves more playing time, but clearly Coach Harper doesn't.

You are correct KJH will decide how much Emily plays and right now not much at all. The point i was making is State, A&M , SC can go big to counter TN. And right now we are thin in the post. At some point KJH will need to find some minutes for Emily not a lot but some.

If you've watched SC someone different has a big game every time they play. Boston can be off and Saxton picks it up. When Cooke can't hit Henderson can or vise versa. Beal, known for her D is now an inside and outside scoring threat. I thought Cuevas Moore was our fastest guard ever but Henderson is faster but under control.

Pick your poison.

Reactions: mcannon1 and djtee
If you've watched SC someone different has a big game every time they play. Boston can be off and Saxton picks it up. When Cooke can't hit Henderson can or vise versa. Beal, known for her D is now an inside and outside scoring threat. I thought Cuevas Moore was our fastest guard ever but Henderson is faster but under control.

Pick your poison.

This is my poison.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Pick your poison.

Also they have 6-2 guard LeLe Grissett is back. She was hit in the face and was out for a while.

Wake Syracuse game tonight Emily Engstler and head coach got into exchange in the 1st qt but he put her back into the in the 3rd. Looks like he wanted her to cool off.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Ole Miss pouring one on Kentucky. I’m thinking the coaching change isn’t going well....

Portals callin y’all...

Rhyne never has to lose to Tennessee again if she can see herself in Orange 😂

One of those “hate to play you, love to play with you moments” I could change my tune in a hurry lol.

Jazz has gone backward at Kentucky. Really felt that transfer made 0 sense for her from a basketball standpoint.

She’s not really affecting the game when she’s in there and her minutes have gone down in favor of Benton. Howard hardly comes off the floor so Jazz is really the 3rd option at the guard spot. Sad to see her in this situation, always loved her calm demeanor and she brings a good attitude. She was one of the more consistent players. Could have been a real asset for us this season and she truly wouldn’t have had to score much with the emergence of Key and Burrell to go along with Davis. Would have taken a ton of pressure off Horston.

What could have been... 😔

Jazz has gone backward at Kentucky. Really felt that transfer made 0 sense for her from a basketball standpoint.

She’s not really affecting the game when she’s in there and her minutes have gone down in favor of Benton. Howard hardly comes off the floor so Jazz is really the 3rd option at the guard spot. Sad to see her in this situation, always loved her calm demeanor and she brings a good attitude. She was one of the more consistent players. Could have been a real asset for us this season and she truly wouldn’t have had to score much with the emergence of Key and Burrell to go along with Davis. Would have taken a ton of pressure off Horston.

What could have been... 😔

Yep. I didn’t get it then, and definitely don’t now. She didn’t score much between her first and second year but she improved in that department. Who’s to say she wouldn’t take another step forward and average 9-12 points along with an additional step in her steady ball handling and defense especially considering the growth we see in the others as well.

Yep. I didn’t get it then, and definitely don’t now. She didn’t score much between her first and second year but she improved in that department. Who’s to say she wouldn’t take another step forward and average 9-12 points along with an additional step in her steady ball handling and defense especially considering the growth we see in the others as well.

Yes, seeing how much players like Burrell, KK and Key have improved I have no doubt Jazz would have as well. Her style of play would have suited the system we are running this season very well. More of a set offense and getting the ball inside, in the right spot, at the right time. She was a great passer and low turnover player.

Kentucky just plays get it to Howard and get out of the way. She gets lost in that system and has very little impact offensively. Howard goes one on one so much there aren’t a lot of assists to be had.

Ole Miss pouring one on Kentucky. I’m thinking the coaching change isn’t going well....

Portals callin y’all...

Rhyne never has to lose to Tennessee again if she can see herself in Orange 😂

One of those “hate to play you, love to play with you moments” I could change my tune in a hurry lol.
lmfaaooo hell she would be welcome with open arms..we would through homecoming party for her

Reactions: VolBall09
seems like all the teams who everyone here thought was trash before they played us and almost beat us (LSU & Ole Miss) go on and make our slim margin win look decent

Ole Miss was bound to get someone. They have a real defense this season and opponents aren’t ready for it. It’s surprised almost everyone.

seems like all the teams who everyone here thought was trash before they played us and almost beat us (LSU & Ole Miss) go on and make our slim margin win look decent

Ugh, why’d you beat me to the punch! People complaining about one point wins and now those teams are knocking off ranked teams lol

VN Store

Back