No turning this program around.

Good grief, I’m not a veteran when it comes to football but I know enough about football history to know that you never say never when it comes to becoming good or bad again.

We can be good again. This isnt like some of those Ivy League schools who simply don’t care about football and therefore don’t put in the resources to make themselves competitive.

I don’t know when it will be. I cannot predict the future. But if you give up and just accept mediocrity that is the only time things become impossible.

Go join the Bama fanbase if you feel that way. We don’t want or need people who are just willing to accept defeat.

Reactions: Remy and LittleVol
Kids don’t care about state loyalty, but it is easier to recruit when the school is closer to home.

If UT was able to lock down the state they could be a good program, but UT is not able to hold onto the instate talent because it’s all in central/west TN.

Geographically, Knoxville is the worst possible location in the state. Where does the state of Tennessee rank if you eliminate Memphis? You have got to treat Memphis as part of your national recruiting instead of local.
Pruitt read your post. Thx!

It will unfortunately take three to four yrs- IF we give Pruitt time. We have three automatic losses each yr- Fl, UGA, Bama. Add Oklahoma for next season .

I’m tired of waiting as well as I am 48 yrs old and graduated from UT in 94. But I’m afraid the success we had in the 90s will not be seen until Bama, UGA, etc have a downward spiral.

Imo we are a good qb away from being competitive with anyone.one very good qb and we may have him on the roster now.

Guys this crap has been on a downward spiral since 2007. 12 years of misery with a few 9 win seasons in there. It's getting worse for our football program. I dont see any way this program is going to be back to where it used to be. I used to love tennessee football and was excited every year for ut to start since I was a kid. From the 80s to now. I never thought we would be down this long. This program is in a very dangerous position right now. But ive become numb to it. When will the misery end?
The misery ends for you when you get your troll arse out of this forum and find another school to pull for.

Miss St is winnable, if the Vols put a decent game together like the Ga 1st half.
Vandy and UK are awful. USCjr is bipolar. Missouri may be without Kelly from now on. Theres hope, albeit bleack, for a decent finsih to build momentum.
Then Pruitt can tell recruits "look we have our longterm QB, a decent OL now, we just need a few playmakers". The D needs a lot of recruiting and development. They're not just a player or 2 away. However, if UT can carry offensive momentum into next season and start actually getting into small shootouts with schools, thats WAY more attractive than a boring blowout.
A voice crying in the wilderness...turned out to be prophetic!

Vols never again will be a top 10 team, too much competition in the SEC for recruiting, kids don't want to live in Knoxville, facilities, coaching, money etc etc. Top 25 sure, playoffs even if expanded to 8, no I doubt it.

Top 25 and competitive week to week is fine by me.
What the **** are you talking?

Reactions: ScottyP5
Guys this crap has been on a downward spiral since 2007. 12 years of misery with a few 9 win seasons in there. It's getting worse for our football program. I dont see any way this program is going to be back to where it used to be. I used to love tennessee football and was excited every year for ut to start since I was a kid. From the 80s to now. I never thought we would be down this long. This program is in a very dangerous position right now. But ive become numb to it. When will the misery end?

Let me lay some cold hard reality on you. Historically we are an 8-9 wins a year football program on average with a special year/few years sprinkled in here and there. That's who we are. That's who we've always been. Right now I just want our program to get back to being that, along with realistically competing with the upper echelon of the league on the field.

Vols never again will be a top 10 team, too much competition in the SEC for recruiting, kids don't want to live in Knoxville, facilities, coaching, money etc etc. Top 25 sure, playoffs even if expanded to 8, no I doubt it.

What the **** are you talking?

Ah, just ignore him hes just a Goober. Plus hes been so busy at Wallys filling station that he hasn't been on here since October......dadgum trolls.

Regarding all the doubters and naysayers in this thread, my advice appears below.

Kangeroostention.jpg

Daggone, I sure wouldn't want some of you guys in my foxhole, but I guess that's where friendly fire might come into play.

Let me lay some cold hard reality on you. Historically we are an 8-9 wins a year football program on average with a special year/few years sprinkled in here and there. That's who we are. That's who we've always been. Right now I just want our program to get back to being that, along with realistically competing with the upper echelon of the league on the field.

8-9 wins historically, before there was potential for 15 games in a season. We look to be heading back to some stability and good times with this staff. I would bump 8-9 to 10-12 going forward just because there are more games in a season.

Also, Nationdom, calling 7 wins back in early October....tip of the cap!

Boy.. this bump is fun to read. We are a bipolar fan base for sure. Interesting to see that some of you (and you know who you are) we actually talking logic and reason back then and getting flamed for it. Pruitt's stock was way down then, and deservedly so. At that point, very few saw us in a bowl, much less a Jan. one. Some say this recruiting class we just signed wasn't possible and wouldn't ever happen. Love the one about the Knoxville mall being a make/break decision point for recruits. "BY GOD, AR Mall Better than Tuscaloosa Mall". Volnation never disappoints.

What the heck are you talking about with the facility comment? Our facilities are among the best.

VN Store

Back