No respect from Finebaum today

To clarify, you are correct, Finebaum graduated from UT not Bama. But, while he may be a Vol in theory, he is a Bammer in practice. He has recently chosen to lead with stories selected to embarrass his alma mater (Banks and face mask tugging). While the others you mention don’t push their schools they don’t work hard to embarrass them. Finebaum is neither a friend to UT nor a journalist - mostly just a clown.
The fact that he will occasionally have John Adams on the show says a lot about how he feels about "his school" these days.

Finebaum is not a Bammer and pulls for his alma mater to win. He's a talk show host and can't be a Vols Homer during his shows. Tebow, McElroy, Rutledge and Spears all love their schools, but aren't full on biast towards them during their shows. Finebaum plays to his audience and it's worked well for him for 20+ yrs.

No one demands he be a Tennessee homer.

But when you put on Bammer gear and hang out in their locker room looking every bit the Gump Groupie who just rubbed one off in the team shower, you are essentially proving yourself to be a bootlicker for the SEC's protected species.

When push comes to shove, Finebaum will always crawl out of Saban's rear end to defend the Alabama brand.

Anybody that has a problem with this ,
A. Never played football for a real coach
B. Just trying to be politically correct
C. Are real American SNOFLAKES who probably let mommy do their checkbooks and go on job interviews for them.
D. All of the above

Paul never played football, was probably in the band, oops sorry did not mean to disrespect the band by including him in it.

Well I don't respect his opinion. You know those animals that pick teams to win? I respect them more.

Just now watching Paul Finebaum, he is against Pruitt’s actions toward JG after he fumbled.
Said “no way do you act like some backwoods coach.”
Well, Paul no way do you act like some damn backwoods announcer either. I don’t think JP acted worse than any other coaches I’ve watched on national TV.
His two sidekicks (commentators) that he has tried to defend Pruitt, Paul did not want to hear it, he cut them off.
Why do you watch that crap?

Reactions: orangemadam
Does any UT fan really, seriously, listen to Paul Funebaum anymore or care what he thinks? He is absolutely and only invested in perpetuating Alabama Football's position atop the SEC and he works tirelessly toward that end. He bought in long ago as have most SEC officiating crews, national broadcasters, and SEC administrators. Therefore Funebaum, et al, will almost never miss a chance to smear another program, or its' coaches, if that program demonstrates that it is a tangible threat to Alabama's presumed (by them) entitlement to every win on the field, as the Vol's certainly did last Saturday night in Tuscaloosa.
We have to accept the fact that from the media to the referees to conference administration, the fix is pretty much in for Alabama's football program. We scared them last week and we saw how the officials went "Bammer" against us hot quick. Funebaum is securely locked in there too. If CJP continues to rebuild and strengthen our program, he will find himself at professional hazard for attempting to upset the conference's decided order of things. And this recent screed from Funebaum is representative of what CJP, and we, can expect more of as our program recovers and becomes a threat to their preferred order.

Yes - he's not really knowledgeable (for a guy in his position) about any sports. He's a provocateur and off-the-field focused personality. Got tired of his schtick back in the Fulmer days.

Attachments

• FB055E32-EC71-4963-93B9-7D30B5B7A801.jpeg
    FB055E32-EC71-4963-93B9-7D30B5B7A801.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 0
Just now watching Paul Finebaum, he is against Pruitt’s actions toward JG after he fumbled.
Said “no way do you act like some backwoods coach.”
Well, Paul no way do you act like some damn backwoods announcer either. I don’t think JP acted worse than any other coaches I’ve watched on national TV.
His two sidekicks (commentators) that he has tried to defend Pruitt, Paul did not want to hear it, he cut them off.
Does anyone know why Finebaum doesn't like Tennessee? It's more than just he loves Alabama. Something must have happened.

I don't get all the backlash for the tug on the face mask. He used 2 fingers at most. JG has probably gotten harder face mask pulls on the field than that. If it were my son and he wasn't paying attention to the coach, I'd totally back Pruitt's reaction. However, I think my teenage son would know better than to go rogue and execute a play like that.

That guy is an embarrassment to the SEC and journalism as a whole. I put about as much stock in what he says as the town drunk.

VN Store

Back