No change coming

What I have noticed is that more of CJPs recruits play each week. They are young and make mistakes but they are much more talented and will be better than the legacy Jones players in short order. If our guys hang in there, you will see it post-Georgia game.

With that said, QB is still a concern even with Maurer/Strout who aren't butch recruits.

Reactions: VolNExile
The sad thing is our university is completely incompetent when it comes to hires.
Not only is there the issue of buying out this coach and his assistants......we cannot seems to hire anyone who is proven.

Let’s face it, we got lucky with Fulmer being hires as a coach because he was an unproven coordinator when hired.

So at the end of next year when we finally replace this guy we will botch the next hire.

We will not win another championship in my lifetime.
Boy your sharp!!!!! I think they should contact volnation and you for job interviews

What I have noticed is that more of CJPs recruits play each week. They are young and make mistakes but they are much more talented and will be better than the legacy Jones players in short order. If our guys hang in there, you will see it post-Georgia game.

With that said, QB is still a concern even with Maurer/Strout who aren't butch recruits.
I agree with you except you may not see it at all this year it may be one more recruiting class

One thing I did like today was using Crouch as a short yardage RB. He plowed ahead for 3 yards on an obvious running play.

We need a big 230+ pound RB and he fits the ticket like a glove.

I would rather keep one than hire another
I know what we got and don’t expect much different
The only thing I am curious about is who leaves/stays

I’m just curious what the Fire Pruitt crowd is gonna day when all these recruits that Pruitt has here decide to up and leave and we have to wind up with tons of walk ons on the roster because we can only recruit 25 guys
Not sure walk ons would be worse than this team right now.

Mullen is in his second year too with the same or worse roster on paper.

I don’t see Pruitt surviving a 2-10 season and we are heading that way. I don’t think you fire him right now and let the season play out for a bit, but you can’t pretend that this is just taking your lumps.

Personally Fulmer needs to put feelers out to Stoops, Miles, Kiffin, Cut and start getting a plan B lined up. We are trending towards a 2-8 start.

Last edited:
I’m just curious what the Fire Pruitt crowd is gonna day when all these recruits that Pruitt has here decide to up and leave and we have to wind up with tons of walk ons on the roster because we can only recruit 25 guys
We are not limited in number of guys that we can recruit. There are limits on official visits, but that is a minor concern. Pruitt has yet to have a top 10 class. The current 2020 class that you are concerned about is ranked 23rd right now. Even with a stellar finish (unlikely considering the product on the field) this class will not be a top 10 class. That makes Pruitt the only UT coach in the history of recruiting rankings to fail to sign a top 10 class. Jones, Dooley, the Liar, Fulmer, and Majors all were able to sign top 10 classes. Let that sink in. Pruitt hasn’t shown that he can recruit to UT.

We are not limited in number of guys that we can recruit. There are limits on official visits, but that is a minor concern. Pruitt has yet to have a top 10 class. The current 2020 class that you are concerned about is ranked 23rd right now. Even with a stellar finish (unlikely considering the product on the field) this class will not be a top 10 class. That makes Pruitt the only UT coach in the history of recruiting rankings to fail to sign a top 10 class. Jones, Dooley, the Liar, Fulmer, and Majors all were able to sign top 10 classes. Let that sink in. Pruitt hasn’t shown that he can recruit to UT.

You can only sign 25 scholarship players per year......

I’m not acting like it’s my money. Just asking the people who are acting like it’s their money when they are gonna write that check to fire Pruitt...

Sorry that triggers you
The ones who made the stupid decision to hire his Gump ass.
With great power, great responsibility.
It's their mess. They need to take care of it.
If I jacked up a bid for a job, guess what, it's still my responsibility to fix it.
Quit making excuses for poor leadership, coaching, and decision making by those with the leads.
Its bs and you know it. Quit playing dumb. Surely you are smarter than this.

The sad thing is our university is completely incompetent when it comes to hires.
Not only is there the issue of buying out this coach and his assistants......we cannot seems to hire anyone who is proven.

Let’s face it, we got lucky with Fulmer being hires as a coach because he was an unproven coordinator when hired.

So at the end of next year when we finally replace this guy we will botch the next hire.

We will not win another championship in my lifetime.

At least JP is cheap...

Jim Harbaugh's Michigan Contract: Salary, Buyout, and Bonuses

The ones who made the stupid decision to hire his Gump ass.
With great power, great responsibility.
It's their mess. They need to take care of it.
If I jacked up a bid for a job, guess what, it's still my responsibility to fix it.
Quit making excuses for poor leadership, coaching, and decision making by those with the leads.
Its bs and you know it. Quit playing dumb. Surely you are smarter than this.

If it’s “their mess” why are you so mad then?

Like I said in a previous post, fire the finance dept. They're clearly idiots. Them and the boosters that keep throwing money away with these buy-outs. Wasting money on another experiment that does'nt pan out. How dumb can you be?

If it’s “their mess” why are you so mad then?
They didn't ask me. I don't write the checks and I don't make the decisions.
Their bank accounts don't matter to me.
The question is, since you are not writing the checks, what does it matter to you what it costs?

I would normally be with you; however after the Barnes deal hopefully things R A changin.........well hopefully when Pruitt is fired.

We will not be making a change until end of next season. We are still paying the buyout for Butch Jones until Feb 2021. If they fired Pruitt this year, they would also be on the hook for him, Chaney, and Ansley. No one is going to pony up the money for the buyout, as it has not happened with the past two firings.
Also, many of the Butch era players (exceptions being Trey Smith, Bituli, Jennings, and Calloway) do not have the talent or drive of most of the Pruitt players, and they represent 40 out of 80 scholarship players. Unfortunately, that is the example these young guys have, and some of them are emulating their upper classmen peers.
I'm not expecting much progress until next year, when a majority of the players will be Pruitt's. I'm also hoping JG will transfer (as a graduate, he would not need to sit out a year or request a waiver), allowing Chaney to insert a QB that has not gone through the OC carousel that JG has the past 4 years.

They didn't ask me. I don't write the checks and I don't make the decisions.
Their bank accounts don't matter to me.
The question is, since you are not writing the checks, what does it matter to you what it costs?

It doesn’t matter to me. I’m simply asking for those who are so triggered about the current state of things, why don’t they write the check to do something about it instead of complaining on a message board

Reactions: Behr
Then get ready for a lot of his recruits who are the best players on the roster and field to say see ya.

Glad you want that

You’re assuming they’ll leave. Usually the only players that leave during a coaching change are the bench riders and problem kids.

I don’t recall a starter ever leaving after a coaching change.

I’d go out on a limb and say none of those guys would leave if we fired Pruitt today.

Reactions: VolNExile
You’re assuming they’ll leave. Usually the only players that leave during a coaching change are the bench riders and problem kids.

I don’t recall a starter ever leaving after a coaching change.

I’d go out on a limb and say none of those guys would leave if we fired Pruitt today.

These are true freshmen playing with 2-3 plus years left of eligibility. Given that players can basically transfer and not have to sit out, it’s more conceivable that transfers will occur more than say 10-15 years ago

VN Store

Back