No change coming

The sad thing is our university is completely incompetent when it comes to hires.
Not only is there the issue of buying out this coach and his assistants......we cannot seems to hire anyone who is proven.

Let’s face it, we got lucky with Fulmer being hires as a coach because he was an unproven coordinator when hired.

So at the end of next year when we finally replace this guy we will botch the next hire.

We will not win another championship in my lifetime.
Dude, we may not win another SEC game in your lifetime.

Uh yes it very much can.

What happens when the likes of Henry T or Morris/Wright transfer?

In today’s environment, players transfer all the time and get waivers to not sitout.

Firing Pruitt after two years ensures a max exodus of his guys that have actually shown they are studs.

Here's a quick scenario. Based upon current results, the Vols may only win 2 games total for 2019. That's regression. Jones wasn't the best judge of talent and development, but he didn't leave the bench completely empty. This is 100% Pruitt's responsibility.

Then looking ahead to 2020, based upon his current results...how will that season pan out? I'd rather not be that guy who says the sky is falling, but if the administration keeps applying a band aid to an injury that requires a tourniquet, the program will be beyond salvageable before you know it and it will be DOA.

Cornbread is over his head and appears to be guessing now on the sidelines. Rip the band aid off and find a solution to stop the bleeding.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Here's a quick scenario. Based upon current results, the Vols may only win 2 games total for 2019. That's regression. Jones wasn't the beat judge of talent and development, but he didn't leave the bench completely empty. This is 100% Pruitt's responsibility.

Then looking ahead to 2020, based upon his current results...how will that season pan out? I'd rather not be that guy who says the sky is falling, but if the administration keeps applying a band aid to an injury that requires a tourniquet, the program will be beyond salvageable before you know it and it will be DOA.

Cornbread is over his head and appears to be guessing now on the sidelines. Rip the band aid off and find a solution to stop the bleeding.

Then get ready for a lot of his recruits who are the best players on the roster and field to say see ya.

Glad you want that

Yeah the actually good players on this team that were recruited by Pruitt would definitely transfer if the guy who recruited them wasn’t fired.....

What good players?

Henry T, Gray and Wright/Morris are the only freshmen that have shown they are worth a damn.

We made the same argument for Dooley and got worse. Tennessee needs to be proactive.

What good players?

Henry T, Gray and Wright/Morris are the only freshmen that have shown they are worth a damn.

We made the same argument for Dooley and got worse. Tennessee needs to be proactive.

Alontae and Bryce T are solid players for us. As a whole, they are solid players.

Then get ready for a lot of his recruits who are the best players on the roster and field to say see ya.

Glad you want that

I want for this university to stop trying to kill the cash cow that has been the main source of income for it. My God, you'd think someone from Portland or San Francisco was running the show.

Reactions: BIGAL27 and 99grad
Alontae and Bryce T are solid players for us. As a whole, they are solid players.

So we are up to six. And he’s been here for 22 months now?

Oh and right now has a recruiting class outside the top 20.

That’s still bad.

The sad thing is our university is completely incompetent when it comes to hires.
Not only is there the issue of buying out this coach and his assistants......we cannot seems to hire anyone who is proven.

Let’s face it, we got lucky with Fulmer being hires as a coach because he was an unproven coordinator when hired.

So at the end of next year when we finally replace this guy we will botch the next hire.

We will not win another championship in my lifetime.

They aren’t going to have a choice. 2-10 (and it might not be that good) would put him at 7-17 with consecutive losses to Vandy and a 2-14 SEC record.

It sounds crazy, but UAB could be a swing game.

Reactions: Titan05
I’m just curious what the Fire Pruitt crowd is gonna day when all these recruits that Pruitt has here decide to up and leave and we have to wind up with tons of walk ons on the roster because we can only recruit 25 guys

I say who cares. Pruitt can take his recruits and anyone else on the team for that matter and leave town.

Enlighten me on this...will the outcome of the games be any different?

Nope the Vols will get blown out and embarrased either way so who really gives a damn who leaves?

Almost any person with the slightest knowledge of football can get the exact damn results this current team is getting.

Fire them all and start open tryouts.

I know everyone here is probably looking through a very narrow window but from the national fan perspective, Tennessee still has some major national juice. Being from the northwest I can tell you that it wasn’t that many years ago that Tenn was ALWAYS mentioned in the same breath as the Bammers, Ohio St’s, ND’s, USC’s, Texas, etc. All it will take is ONE coach and a run of wins and things will change rapidly.

I say who cares. Pruitt can take his recruits and anyone else on the team for that matter and leave town.

Enlighten me on this...will the outcome of the games be any different?

Nope the Vols will get blown out and embarrased either way so who really gives a damn who leaves?

Almost any person with the slightest knowledge of football can get the exact damn results this current team is getting.

Fire them all and start open tryouts.

Hard to say what will happen once Pruitt has the overwhelming majority of the roster and two deep with his guys.

I do know this and that’s his recruits are our best players so far this year.

Fulmer is too prideful to admit he made the wrong hire and we’re too broke as a school to fire them anyway. This just sucks.
I don’t know if he had any choice by the ti
W he got in there. There were only a few candidates available that would take the money that we would offer.

Reactions: VolNExile
Uh yes it very much can.

What happens when the likes of Henry T or Morris/Wright transfer?

In today’s environment, players transfer all the time and get waivers to not sitout.

Firing Pruitt after two years ensures a max exodus of his guys that have actually shown they are studs.

Agree it’s a bad look. Give him the first half of next season to see what he can so with either Bailey aor Hill. Reduce the buyouts and give the kid from Charlotte more time to get HC experience before we make our move.

VN Store

Back