No change coming

Uh yes it very much can.

What happens when the likes of Henry T or Morris/Wright transfer?

In today’s environment, players transfer all the time and get waivers to not sitout.

Firing Pruitt after two years ensures a max exodus of his guys that have actually shown they are studs.
Firing Pruitt and replacing him with a proven A-list P5 HC like Stoops or Meyer will result in NO mass exodus of Pruitt players and in fact will fix our program by signaling we’re committed to winning NOW with the players on our roster plus the upgrades a top HC will attract.

I get it that we will not fire Pruitt for whatever reason. Money, time, whatever.....there’s reasons for legitimate concern beyond “Muh Georgia st”. The BYU loss is more of a problem in my mind. That loss looked a lot like a butch jones team finding a way to lose. I realize it was just one and butch had several. But it’s still a legitimate concern. Now will CJP grow out of that? I hope so because that’s the fastest way back. But why should we be the university that has to develop a coach. We are not a steppingstone. We are a destination.

It’s just so depressing

Reactions: McDad
Firing Pruitt and replacing him with a proven A-list P5 HC like Stoops or Meyer will result in NO mass exodus of Pruitt players and in fact will fix our program by signaling we’re committed to winning NOW with the players on our roster plus the upgrades a top HC will attract.

We’re just not going to do that.
We’re just not.

We’re just not going to do that.
We’re just not.
Holding on where we are is only going to make our situation worse. Yes it can get worse. I can’t speak to what we will do only what we should do. If you’re right then we should just mothball our FB program.

Coaching change yowlers, wrap you minds around this - Maybe Phil Fulmer wants a pro style program and is only going to hire a coach of like mind and experience. That narrows down the choices, doesn't it?

Look at the model programs which are atop CFB. Bama, Georgia, Clemson are all fundamentally pro style with a tweak or a twist here and there. Fulmer sees this and wants to be in that arena. Who is he going to hire? Basically, another CJP.

If Phil begins to feel the heat of under-performing Vols teams, he may press CJP to bend his strict doctrine towards winning more with who he has on the roster each year. This may work, but keep in mind that CJP has four years to build his program and show results. If 2019 is a write off, then 2020 needs to be better than 2018, and 2021 needs to be better than 50-50 in and out of the conference.

Coaching change yowlers, wrap you minds around this - Maybe Phil Fulmer wants a pro style program and is only going to hire a coach of like mind and experience. That narrows down the choices, doesn't it?

Look at the model programs which are atop CFB. Bama, Georgia, Clemson are all fundamentally pro style with a tweak or a twist here and there. Fulmer sees this and wants to be in that arena. Who is he going to hire? Basically, another CJP.

If Phil begins to feel the heat of under-performing Vols teams, he may press CJP to bend his strict doctrine towards winning more with who he has on the roster each year. This may work, but keep in mind that CJP has four years to build his program and show results. If 2019 is a write off, then 2020 needs to be better than 2018, and 2021 needs to be better than 50-50 in and out of the conference.

If Fulmer is basing his hires on what offensive system a coach prefers he has no business in that job.

Reactions: cgrish
I get it that we will not fire Pruitt for whatever reason. Money, time, whatever.....there’s reasons for legitimate concern beyond “Muh Georgia st”. The BYU loss is more of a problem in my mind. That loss looked a lot like a butch jones team finding a way to lose. I realize it was just one and butch had several. But it’s still a legitimate concern. Now will CJP grow out of that? I hope so because that’s the fastest way back. But why should we be the university that has to develop a coach. We are not a steppingstone. We are a destination.

It’s just so depressing[/QUOTE]

You can get meds for that. Being on VN is only going to make it worse.

Yet those options are realistic

VN Store

Back