Niele Ivey

Geno, muffett, Kim, Jeff, dawn, Vic, Brenda, and Matthew are the only ones I can think of that is 8 out of the 347 division 1 institutions... that does not seem like several

If you're talking base compensation, you forgot Coale, McCallie, and McGuff. If you want to include max performance bonuses, there's Fennelly, Stringer, Taylor, Blair, Bluder, Caldwell, Versyp, Moore, Semrau. A lot of coaches have the potential to increase unimpressive base compensation significantly with academic and athletic performance measures. Some others whose salaries aren't published because they're employed by private schools are undoubtedly making over $1M, like Tara VanDerveer, for example.

If you're talking base compensation, you forgot Coale, McCallie, and McGuff. If you want to include max performance bonuses, there's Fennelly, Stringer, Taylor, Blair, Bluder, Caldwell, Versyp, Moore, Semrau. A lot of coaches have the potential to increase unimpressive base compensation significantly with academic and athletic performance measures. Some others whose salaries aren't published because they're employed by private schools are undoubtedly making over $1M, like Tara VanDerveer, for example.

I added Mccallie and McGuff (per my joke about their universities not getting what they paid for. The site I looked at didn’t have all those names over 1 Mill but thanks for the update! In many of those cases still “getting what you paid for” isn’t what you expect

It's time to name somebody!!!! Whoever it may be. Try to save the recruiting class and what players we have on the team. Not sure now what is the hold up, unless it's a splash hire and Phil doesn't want to take anything away from the championship game???!!!

My lord, what has it been, 8 days? And if you believe he should talk to Mulkey or Ivey or someone else in love in the finals, they are a little bit busy right now. Do you need instant gratification? Give him at least another 10 days before you start whining.

Her resume is impeccable. To me, it’s a no brainer! Ivey is the one we need in Knoxville.

I have said from day one.........hire me(avatar). I am the one. No buyout and beats UConn regularly. I am an assistant who actually game plans not like the one you fired. Loves to recruit and knows offensive development.

Ivey is showing us why she needs to be here. Defense, rebounding and inspired guard play. She knows the fan base here for women’s basketball is very strong. Seems like a no brainer

Reactions: stlvolsfan
The Lady Vols are like SMU in football,Louisiana Tech in womens basketball,UCLA in mens basketball,and Pamela Anderson.

They used to be something special.

Now they're just old and dried up.

If Tyler Summitt will take the job they better tear his arm off.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's time to name somebody!!!! Whoever it may be. Try to save the recruiting class and what players we have on the team. Not sure now what is the hold up, unless it's a splash hire and Phil doesn't want to take anything away from the championship game???!!!
He can’t talk to any of the folks currently coaching in the Final Four. It takes time.

Timing, luck, and being pro-active play a huge role in landing an accomplished coach. Very few places have the draw that UT has in terms of the history of the Lady Vols program. Most of these programs are trying to build what we already have. We shouldn’t have to settle for a second tier coach. This is all a byproduct of reactive response. It is all too Tennessee-esque.. when does this university ever pursue anything with aggressive intent? Rarely..
Is that really a draw or seen as a fifty pound stone around the neck to some coaches?

A lot of coaches and assistants go to the final 4 even if their team is not playing. It is called networking and it is a good way to let people know you might be interested in a position. Also a convenient way of interviewing several people in a short period of time without having fans track airplane flights.

VN Store

Back