Niele Ivey

If Fulmer decides he’s okay with going with someone who has no head-coach experience, then my preference would be Lawson. We know these things for certain: she’s tough as nails, a hard worker, is a fantastic communicator, has a brilliant mind that’s constantly expanding, and also has the bonus feature of being a LVFL.

I would imagine that her staff would be comprised of just the perfect balance of personalties and abilities, and that there would be no weak links. Kara is way too smart to make staffing mistakes.

I am 100% with u on Lawson. She's young smart & knows the game.

ND's job is Cunningham's job to lose when McGraw retires, not Niele Ivey. Unless for some reason Cunningham wouldn't want the job.

Think of Cunningham as the Warlick of the staff in terms of seniority, while Ivey is the Nikki Caldwell. Ivey is also the ace recruiter on the staff similar to how Nikki was here.

Also, Ivey interviewed for the UGA coaching vacancy just a couple years ago. She obviously is interested in becoming a HC somewhere other than ND.

I lot of folks on social media think Niele Ivey could be the next coach ? I think she could be to, Plus this team will need a coach that can work with our guards.

If Tennessee does hire Ivey. I hope she's the strong disciplinarian type. and rides the referees like Geno, Muffet, and Staley.

Tennessee can't afford an on the job training program
With that logic no one would ever get promoted to a job they had not held previously. Some have the leadership skills and technical knowledge to achieve from the get-go, so we should not ignore that fact. Actually, Tennessee can not afford to be short-sighted in this search. I do appreciate where you are coming from. However, I just think we should be open to all qualified candidates.

It’s odd that the we are saying that the next coach needs to have experience but the coach on campus with the biggest program had none. Also KJH seems like a nice person but I see Ivey as a long term solution.

Reactions: volman128
Reading some of these blogs is pure madness. So we only look at coaches with head coaching experience. News flash. Those who are capable of winning a national title are in positions that they are not going to leave. Most of the rest with head coaching experience that have come up to be considered do not have a record better than CHW, who by the way has been treated rather shabbily through this process. Coaches with mid major experience are no better than assistants for successful programs. Our best hope is to get an up and coming talent that can produce a winning team in the future. Neile Ivey has shown great potential in every area. She is our best realistic choice. We need a winner-not more of the same.

Reading some of these blogs is pure madness. So we only look at coaches with head coaching experience. News flash. Those who are capable of winning a national title are in positions that they are not going to leave. Most of the rest with head coaching experience that have come up to be considered do not have a record better than CHW, who by the way has been treated rather shabbily through this process. Coaches with mid major experience are no better than assistants for successful programs. Our best hope is to get an up and coming talent that can produce a winning team in the future. Neile Ivey has shown great potential in every area. She is our best realistic choice. We need a winner-not more of the same.
Perfectly stated. Couldn’t agree more.

So wait...is Ivey a legit candidate, or is that just someone being mentioned by a fan? I glanced through some of these pages, but it was too much to go all the way through, I apologize.

So wait...is Ivey a legit candidate, or is that just someone being mentioned by a fan? I glanced through some of these pages, but it was too much to go all the way through, I apologize.

Sigh. We know two things:
1) Missouri State AD said UT had requested contact with Kelly
2) Phil is in Florida

Everything else is speculation, whether wishful thinking, trolling, attention craving, or sheer meanness, I don’t know. But sheer speculation.

Sigh. We know two things:
1) Missouri State AD said UT had requested contact with Kelly
2) Phil is in Florida

Everything else is speculation, whether wishful thinking, trolling, attention craving, or sheer meanness, I don’t know. But sheer speculation.

This made me laugh and is completely true. I made the decision to pull back from my posts about the coaching search a couple days ago because the bottom line is, "we don't know."

Just like we didn't know if CPF would fire CHW until he did so. There was plenty of speculation both ways.

At this point I've decided to just wait and see, hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not going to guess anymore.

I agree! You get what you pay for and WBB coaches are no exception. You've got several making right at or over $1M... I believe Vic makes about $1.6 at Miss St.

Geno, muffett, Kim, Jeff, dawn, Vic, Brenda, and Matthew are the only ones I can think of that is 8 out of the 347 division 1 institutions... that does not seem like several

Geno, muffett, Kim, Jeff, dawn, Vic, Brenda, and Matthew are the only ones I can think of that is 8 out of the 347 division 1 institutions... that does not seem like several

Add Kevin McGuffey from OSU total compensations was 1.2 mill and Tara Vanderveers I couldn’t find. So maybe a total of 10/11 but that still is a small %

VN Store

Back