Niele Ivey

Geno, muffett, Kim, Jeff, dawn, Vic, Brenda, and Matthew are the only ones I can think of that is 8 out of the 347 division 1 institutions... that does not seem like several
If a couple is two, and three or four is a few... eight is several in my book. I wasn't speaking in terms of percentages anyway. All of those you mentioned have very successful programs, two of which have taken over the SEC. Bottom line... you get what you pay for.

If a couple is two, and three or four is a few... eight is several in my book. I wasn't speaking in terms of percentages anyway. All of those you mentioned have very successful programs, two of which have taken over the SEC. Bottom line... you get what you pay for.

I am sure Ohio State and Duke are not thinking that right now 😂 (I left out Joanne P.)

Reactions: stlvolsfan and JKZ
Normally I wouldn't dispute the arguments against calling an asst coach.

But remember, in the eyes of players now and for the next dozen years... Tennessee has no winning tradition. We had a winning history. So if you want to show recruits we intend to sign and become the best--but are unable to land a head coach from one of the top 8 programs...

How much of the asst coach's experience (and playing experience) has been with one of the top 8 programs?
Has the asst coach been successful in his/her preparations against top 8 competition?
Is the asst coach used to being in the homes of the top recruits in the nation?
Is the asst coach old enough to appreciate what Tennessee fans remember and revere about our program?

I was thinking just today how much timing and luck plays into coaching searches. May our timing be Barneslike!

Timing, luck, and being pro-active play a huge role in landing an accomplished coach. Very few places have the draw that UT has in terms of the history of the Lady Vols program. Most of these programs are trying to build what we already have. We shouldn’t have to settle for a second tier coach. This is all a byproduct of reactive response. It is all too Tennessee-esque.. when does this university ever pursue anything with aggressive intent? Rarely..

Reactions: orangefloyd
Timing, luck, and being pro-active play a huge role in landing an accomplished coach. Very few places have the draw that UT has in terms of the history of the Lady Vols program. Most of these programs are trying to build what we already have. We shouldn’t have to settle for a second tier coach. This is all a byproduct of reactive response. It is all too Tennessee-esque.. when does this university ever pursue anything with aggressive intent? Rarely..
I don't think we know the AD has not been proactive and aggressive at this point do we? We doubted we would fire Holly, especially if she wouldn't agree to go, and he did that.

If the story is true, PF did seem to be caught off guard by the backlash on his advisory panel against Walz. I wonder if he was fully aware of the sway of the bluehairs, and I wonder how difficult it makes the search if he is limited to females from the Pat tree. If anything, that's what will land us in the second tier. Can't automatically eliminate a significant percentage of the available coaching talent, even for a noble cause, and expect a successful hire.

I am encouraged that PF is in Tampa as we speak. Got to see two great games tonight and hopefully leading to some really good convro at the coaches convention about getting us back in this kind of setting.

UT has not been an elite basketball school for a while, so it may take an up and comer to get em back...beggers can't be choosers IMHO

I have no problem with Ivey being the next Lady Vol head coach as long as Fulmer exhaust all better options(Walz,Frese,Vic, etc...) Ivey should be on the list of secondary option.

I have no problem with Ivey being the next Lady Vol head coach as long as Fulmer exhaust all better options(Walz,Frese,Vic, etc...) Ivey should be on the list of secondary option.

The one thing she can bring is a game plan against Geno ... she has been there for a lot of the times ND has taken them down. Not saying that will automatically translate over.

The crazy thing is I feel like all these coaches hold on to their timeouts for like a play or two too long. Holly was maybe the worst but these other coaches man I’m like why does it take a 10-0 run for a time out to be called

The Lady Vols are like SMU in football,Louisiana Tech in womens basketball,UCLA in mens basketball,and Pamela Anderson.

They used to be something special.

Now they're just old and dried up.

If Tyler Summitt will take the job they better tear his arm off.

I believe that CPF will have very good input from VFL's and will choose the absolutely best coach. Whether that be an asst. Coach or a proven winner, I don't care. The Vol network is knowledgeable and we will upgrade our coaching situation. It might take a little patience, but we will be back in short order. Lady Vols rock. Go Vols.

The Lady Vols are like SMU in football,Louisiana Tech in womens basketball,UCLA in mens basketball,and Pamela Anderson.

Tyler Summitt has a job coaching high school girls. He's happy where he is.

Tyler just got a job coaching. His wife hired him as her assistant coach for a high school team she is now coaching.

VN Store

Back