Neyland Stadium name change?

I personally found John Ward to be scripted, contrived, and self serving! And I go back to where I knew him from doing radio on my high school games! I never did buy into it! "GIVE HIM SIX!"

My Dad always said Columbia TN native Lindsey Nelson, Neyland era was much better than Ward. He was so good had multiple offers and went on to the Mets for a couple of decades and SF Giants. Many World series , Cotton Bowl almost every year, 20 years in NFL, 5 years in NBA, Masters golf etc... about every major sport.

Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
Sure and let’s go ahead and start removing all well known statues and monuments that commemorate Civil War generals and take the Ten Commandments out of the courthouses….oh wait….

Sure and let’s go ahead and start removing all well known statues and monuments that commemorate Civil War generals and take the Ten Commandments out of the courthouses….oh wait….
But those things actually make sense… remove traitors and separation of church and state. Did you mean to miss the blue font?

I think we should take a big naming rights check from The General insurance for $10 million a year and then change the name to The General Neyland Stadium

Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
giphy (1).gif

Reactions: BSOVOL1967
Have you bumped your head??? Neyland FOREVER!!!!

Name change for the stadium - NO, but naming the press box the John Ward press box wouldn't be that bad an idea.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Uh, no

ban-button.gif

2021 just keeps getting worse. I thought the virus killed you, not just the brain cells.

Last edited:
Just when I think I’ve seen the worst Tildie thread start…

VN Store

Back