Neyland Stadium name change?

There’s a saying about assumptions.

I’m a 36 year old military veteran who went back to school in 2017 on the GI bill to better support my family.
Thank you for your service. We do clearly diverge generationally and politically though. It is my belief that we can’t erase past mistakes by tearing down statues and sweeping history under the rug but we can look to them to know how far we’ve come. For perspective, back then those traitors as you call them probably didn’t think they were traitors. They fought for what they believed in. They picked a side…no different than what is going on in America today

Thank you for your service. We do clearly diverge generationally and politically though. It is my belief that we can’t erase past mistakes by tearing down statues and sweeping history under the rug but we can look to them to know how far we’ve come. For perspective, back then those traitors as you call them probably didn’t think they were traitors. They fought for what they believed in. They picked a side…no different than what is going on in America today

We can just agree to disagree. Thanks for the appreciation tho.

Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
John Ward? No offense but that is the stupidest thing I’ve heard all week.

Reactions: 508mikey
Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
Just… why? Honest question. Why change it from the most storied coach in our program’s history to a game announcer?

Last edited:
OGC.263600d6b36f087e94cf17573f40f10c

VN Store

Back