Neyland Stadium name change?

Lindsey Nelson (who the baseball stadium is named after) did go on from his calling the Vol's games to national prominence becoming the voice of the Yankee's and I think he did do a few NFL championship games. He reached a much higher level in his profession than John Ward ever reached! He was a real pro and that is why he has a stadium named after him!

Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
Nooooooooo!

Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
hell-naw.gif

Ban worthy.

Reported.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
"The John Ward Press Box"

would make more sense seeing as his biggest accomplishments were up there. The stadium should forever stay Neyland no matter if big corporate sponsors come offering money to slap their names on it.

B1F16607-38E6-4F24-A78F-6C535C08C0AE.gif

Do you just sit around dreaming up stupid chit to post? Not only no but HELL NO! It is and will always be Neyland Stadium. I love Ward, but he was an announcer. Neyland built this program. If you can't recognize and appreciate the difference, then there's little hope for you.

Robert's Crib

I personally found John Ward to be scripted, contrived, and self serving! And I go back to where I knew him from doing radio on my high school games! I never did buy into it! "GIVE HIM SIX!"

Clearly that “Willie Gault is running all the way to the state capitol” call at Vandy was 100% scripted.

Start of thinking about something else.

VN Store

Back