Neyland Stadium name change?

Is this some kind of woke bs? Did Gen. Neyland do something "cancelable"? Why on God's earth would it be time to change the name of the stadium?

Reactions: Volinlife
Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
Is this a troll?

Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
I'd maybe consider naming the press box after John Ward.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Short Ans
Short Answer = No.
Long Answer = Hell No.

What damn planet are you from? That will never happen and saying that is about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long while.

Reactions: LargeOrange1
No way!If you were to follow KY jelly,name the stadium after Halsom,be like Krogers or you could name it Pilot arena.Please do not create any more threads if that is the best you can come up with.

1635363330718.gif
1635363367232.gif

Obviously this is a blue thread but, reminds me of a funny and true story about naming.

In 1996, Taco Bell put a full page ad in the Philadelphia Enquirer stating that they had purchased the rights to rename the Liberty Bell to the "Taco Liberty Bell". The next day the phones were a ringin' off the hooks at the Enquirer, Taco Bell HQs, the National Park Service and city hall. People were fussing and cursing Taco Bell and the city for allowing such an egregious act. The ad campaign to this date is one of the most successful hoax advertisements ever run in America, as the date of the ad was April 1, 1996

Reactions: midnight orange
If anything we could nickname it Rocky Top like the Swamp in Florida. Rocky Top youll always be home sweet home to me!

I really hope you are kidding, or drunk…

Obviously the OP is sharing his thoughts, good, bad, right, or wrong. And I’m guessing he has no real voice in making this happen. BUT, it brings to mind how people can just throw out random ideas or “feel good” causes at committee or town hall type meetings … and because they DO have a voice, stupid things take place … and the rest of us are sitting around a week later thinking “ WHAT JUST HAPPENED … ?”

Reactions: jimed1
Obviously the OP is sharing his thoughts, good, bad, right, or wrong. And I’m guessing he has no real voice in making this happen. BUT, it brings to mind how people can just throw out random ideas or “feel good” causes at committee or town hall type meetings … and because they DO have a voice, stupid things take place … and the rest of us are sitting around a week later thinking “ WHAT JUST HAPPENED … ?”
LOL. This happens where I work. The next thing you know an improvement turns into a nightmare.

Reactions: Winchester73

VN Store

Back