Neyland Renovation

I have a feeling either your donations will greatly increase or you will be moved if you are currently in those sections. I think if you are in that area, you will have access to the field level section....sort of like the TN Terrace but field level.

I don't know exactly but looking at the artist rendering it sure looks like more than 8 rows:

Phase%201%20wall_1476808801001_6534566_ver1.0.JPG
I bet it may put a halt to non priority extra season tickets in lower level endzone sections.

I like the overwhelming majority of the planned renovations, however, I'm not so big on the on-field, luxury seating. I think it may look out of place when it's completed.

They have this same sort of luxury area at MBS in Atlanta. I had the privilege of accessing that area a couple of weeks ago for Panthers-Falcons. While being on the sideline and seeing all of the side action up close was a treat, the on-field action was hard to see. Not sure if being behind the end zone as opposed to along the sideline will change that, but something to note.

That rail just screams injury to me.

No joke, I understand why they wanted to push back the walls, but I almost feel like it is safer having a padded wall to catch you. That fence seems like people will catch their legs on it and flip over it.

I like the overwhelming majority of the planned renovations, however, I'm not so big on the on-field, luxury seating. I think it may look out of place when it's completed.

The field level "clubs" are the thing now.

That's interesting. As somebody said above, I cannot imagine the view from those seats being that good.

Honestly, I don’t like it. Too much of a traditionalist I guess....get off my lawn.

I want to say Seattle started that trend with their stadium.

The view from the endzone is certainly better than the field clubs on the sideline behind the benches.

They have this same sort of luxury area at MBS in Atlanta. I had the privilege of accessing that area a couple of weeks ago for Panthers-Falcons. While being on the sideline and seeing all of the side action up close was a treat, the on-field action was hard to see. Not sure if being behind the end zone as opposed to along the sideline will change that, but something to note.

usually people with that kinda $ don't give a shat about the game anyway

Reactions: 1 person
This a complete travesty. Pushing those seats ruin two great things about Neyland: the intimacy that's not found in most newer stadiums due to the closeness of the fans to the end zone and the noiselevel on the field coming directly from those end zone sections that give us the best home field advantage in America.

All to sell some ****ty boxes to a bunch of rich douches that could care less about the game.

Reactions: 3 people
It needs to happen badly. Parts of the stadium are antiquated or just flat out bad.

Equal shares on Sabans national titles paying for much of it. Does that mean Neyland stadium is now the house that Saban built? I'm kidding! I'm kidding!

Last edited:
This a complete travesty. Pushing those seats ruin two great things about Neyland: the intimacy that's not found in most newer stadiums due to the closeness of the fans to the end zone and the noiselevel on the field coming directly from those end zone sections that give us the best home field advantage in America.

All to sell some ****ty boxes to a bunch of rich douches that could care less about the game.
Well, that's not it. It's a remedy to long time problem. UT's stands are too close to the field creating potential danger for plays that happen in the end zone. This is a why to provide more space and keep some seating.

The boxes aren't what precipitated this move. It was player safety.

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah. I read on one of the sites when I was looking for that artist rendering that we were actually in violation of NCAA guidelines which do not allow a wall so close to the field. For the life of me I can not find it now or I would post the source. In looking for that though I did find another artist rendering on SBNation of what the view from the club level will look like:

Neyland3.jpg

Those seats and walls have needed to be moved for years. The corners are way too close for player safety.

VN Store

Back