Neyland Renovation

I think that is part of the plan. Sadly I think that includes another jumbotron on the nirth side.

It is needed. People buy north end zone season tickets way faster than south end zone for this reason. Notice how UT has lots of empty seats for sale for alot of home games recently during the season. Those are unsold season tickets.

It is needed. People buy north end zone season tickets way faster than south end zone for this reason. Notice how UT has lots of empty seats for sale for alot of home games recently during the season. Those are unsold season tickets.

I haven't seen those #s, but I seriously question this has anything to do with a jumbotron. Fact is the North side has better access, better concourses, restrooms and amenities. Plus, there are less seats to fill due to the chair backs in the upper deck.

The north end is usually in the shade by early afternoon too which is worth it's weight in gold. You can bake in that southeast corner.

Does anyone know if they’ll get rid of the North end zone awning at some point? I’ve seen some renderings showing it gone and some showing it still there.

I've only seen renderings of the cover gone, a jumbotron and bleachers.

I've had 4 season tix in YY9, since they opened (20+ years) because of seats and cover. If they change that, it will not be worth the $2000 donation to sit up there. Maybe I'll be too old by the time they do it.

I've only seen renderings of the cover gone, a jumbotron and bleachers.

I've had 4 season tix in YY9, since they opened (20+ years) because of seats and cover. If they change that, it will not be worth the $2000 donation to sit up there. Maybe I'll be too old by the time they do it.
I think it's how they plan to keep the capacity above 102k.

I haven't heard any news on the much-needed stadium renovation for a while.... Has anyone heard an update from the administration if work will commence in Summer '18 as previously reported?

I haven't heard any news on the much-needed stadium renovation for a while.... Has anyone heard an update from the administration if work will commence in Summer '18 as previously reported?

Was wondering this as well. I’m glad Currie was shown the door but the stadium needs the renovation badly IMO. I feel like this is something deerpark would know

Last edited:
I would like to be a fly on the wall when the money powers that be grease their friends palms with these big money projects.

Make necessary repairs and modest upgrades where needed imo. Didn’t at all like the mock ups I saw from when Currie was here, especially the Jerry-world style field-level stuff. Keep Neyland’s charm without the full overhaul he was wanting imo.

Reactions: 6 people
Make necessary repairs and modest upgrades where needed imo. Didn’t at all like the mock ups I saw from when Currie was here, especially the Jerry-world style field-level stuff. Keep Neyland’s charm without the full overhaul he was wanting imo.

agree...get the concourse all around the stadium upgraded to match the west side and be done with it

Reactions: 3 people
agree...get the concourse all around the stadium upgraded to match the west side and be done with it

I'm afraid the result would be a still substandard facility that's behind the time. That place needs a lot of work.

Reactions: 5 people

Those were created well before Currie got here. UT sent out a questionnaire years ago about the upgrades, what fans wanted, etc. I assume the field-level stuff came from that as well as what the donors want.

Whatever they do they need to work on the W. side lower level. The cement stairs aren't level. That and the rows are about a foot apart. That's the one thing I noticed at aTm in '16, you could easily move in and out of the rows.

Reactions: 1 person
I just want the erector set look gone completely. That **** is so ugly! Are they planning on completely encircling the stadium with the brick façade?

I don't need a lot, but if you go to very many stadiums, you notice things we need to improve.

It's because attendance is still trending downward across the country. They have to do things to attract people to the stadium as oppose to staying home on the comfy couch and HDTV

Those were created well before Currie got here. UT sent out a questionnaire years ago about the upgrades, what fans wanted, etc. I assume the field-level stuff came from that as well as what the donors want.

Whatever they do they need to work on the W. side lower level. The cement stairs aren't level. That and the rows are about a foot apart. That's the one thing I noticed at aTm in '16, you could easily move in and out of the rows.

Neyland is more compact than Kyle Field from a square footage standpoint and being that we are staying around 100k there will never be a ton of room

It's because attendance is still trending downward across the country. They have to do things to attract people to the stadium as oppose to staying home on the comfy couch and HDTV

Just wait until Virtual Reality headsets go mainstream and Networks start offering VR sports packages.

Well, it also means the price of tickets will just get that much higher. Maybe it's just me, but I don't need features for my hand held devices, specialized dining areas so me and several hundred people can socialize during the game, special electronic signs posted around the stadium to advertise products or promote a social agenda, or restrooms with special features for WTF ever.

I am a simple SOB. I want a reasonably wide for my ass seat to watch the game, maybe a decent burger or dog and a drink to wash it down, and no distractions other than what I came to see. If I have a bus that gets me back to my car within an hour, I am fine with that.

And I don't want to go in hock paying for it. What you call antiquated, I call normal. But I guess thats just me.
You are old, just like me. But we are out numbered.

VN Store

Back