Neyland Renovation

Wow, those new TV's in the end zone are going to look awesome.

field_club_01_091614.jpg

It's like standing room at a concert. Those views are going to be awesome!

The new area we are looking at above is not going to be boxes though right? If I am understanding it correctly it would be a club area where the special people can meander around during the game and hobnob.

Wish they'd just leave it alone Neyland has such an old world football feel to it, I'm sure they will try to ruin like they did with those stupid suites

The East/South concourses, bathrooms, concessions, and ramps need to be next priority. There's no excuse for their condition in a booming SEC in 2018.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, that's not it. It's a remedy to long time problem. UT's stands are too close to the field creating potential danger for plays that happen in the end zone. This is a why to provide more space and keep some seating.

The boxes aren't what precipitated this move. It was player safety.

What about the north end zone? It is just as close, if not closer.

The East/South concourses, bathrooms, concessions, and ramps need to be next priority. There's no excuse for their condition in a booming SEC in 2018.

Those east and south concourses look just like they did in the 90's. I don't often enter there but had to when I showed up to a game late a couple years ago. I literally thought, "damn, they haven't done a thing to these concourses in decades."

So, instead of a Lambeau Leap, we’ll have players running straight into someone’s dinner party.

The field is for players and coaches, period. If you want to be a novice photographer camping in the endzone or a sideline squatter then you better stay alert because if you get tackled by a player and injured then that's on you.

:hi:

Well, that's not it. It's a remedy to long time problem. UT's stands are too close to the field creating potential danger for plays that happen in the end zone. This is a why to provide more space and keep some seating.

The boxes aren't what precipitated this move. It was player safety.

Hey Roust, don’t bring reasoned, logical problem-solving as a factor into this discussion....that guy wants to be emotional and irrational about “sorry ass rich people”......let him wallow in his miserable class envy would ya?

The new area we are looking at above is not going to be boxes though right? If I am understanding it correctly it would be a club area where the special people can meander around during the game and hobnob.

That is what I gathered from the initial plans. The club under the south end zone seating would be for anyone in the stadium who ponied up for the membership fee.

The reconstructed lower seating on the west side would have access to the club beneath that section.

Wish they'd just leave it alone Neyland has such an old world football feel to it, I'm sure they will try to ruin like they did with those stupid suites

Really?
The erector set exterior is anything but old world feel. Sure, buried underneath the south and east side there is some old world football, but you can't even see it.

Most of the recent updates have a much more classic look with brick and arch work.

Reactions: 2 people
Really?
The erector set exterior is anything but old world feel. Sure, buried underneath the south and east side there is some old world football, but you can't even see it.

Most of the recent updates have a much more classic look with brick and arch work.

Agree 100%

Reactions: 1 person
A crane is being secured. This is a fine example of the total incompetence that pervades the entire UT administration. What a bad look, what a disgraceful joke. By all means continue to pump hard earned dollars into this pit for tickets and donations. maybe they can secure a crane one day earlier.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone know if they’ll get rid of the North end zone awning at some point? I’ve seen some renderings showing it gone and some showing it still there.

Does anyone know if they’ll get rid of the North end zone awning at some point? I’ve seen some renderings showing it gone and some showing it still there.

I think that is part of the plan. Sadly I think that includes another jumbotron on the nirth side.

VN Store

Back