Neyland II

I had typed a email this morning to send to you but got busy and had to jet the house at the last min. Hmm never had a gmail bounce back. Thanks for letting me know
Have fun, I just wanted to make sure they got there. They are in the dry under the overhang, just so you know in case it rains.

It's almost time!!! FOOTBALL TIME!!!

giphy.gif

Morning all! I’m ubering to work next to panthers stadium. A discovery deadline is forcing me to work the next few days but I’m clad in orange and rooting for our Vols. GBO! VFL!

Both our lines suck. JG looks good to go when he has time. This WVU team gave up 31.5 points a game last year. Looked like a top 5 defense against us. We will get better, but our schedule will get worse... much worse. Does a bowl game seam possible to anyone?

Both our lines suck. JG looks good to go when he has time. This WVU team gave up 31.5 points a game last year. Looked like a top 5 defense against us. We will get better, but our schedule will get worse... much worse. Does a bowl game seam possible to anyone?

6-6 is what I said before the season and I’m sticking to it. That’s about what I expected from our D. Keep in mind, that may be the best offense we see all year. There were problems on that side of the ball, but everyone stayed healthy and West Virginia is really good on O. We should play better when the talent level drops.

Our offense worries me more. 14 points against a very average defense is not encouraging considering we will almost certainly see better defenses than that. You’re right, the O line is the glaring issue. Pass protection and run blocking were inconsistent and altogether poor but there is room for improvement since we didn’t lose anyone major. Running backs and receivers looked fine, if not above average. I didn’t hear anything official on Chandler yet but it looked like a concussion to me when I saw it so he might miss a couple weeks max. Guarantano looked better. Mechanics were crisper and he really only missed on 2 or 3 balls all day. Much improved from last season. The line was just porous again for what seems like the 6th season in a row. We have to improve there first to compete with the great teams.

The way we played today, we frankly don’t have a prayer against Alabama, Auburn or Georgia. Honestly we may get shut out in one or more of those games if the O line doesn’t improve. We just need 3 of 5 from Florida, South Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky and Vanderbilt. I definitely think that’s doable because none of those teams are anything special. We’ll see how the season goes. It’s still early.

Yes, I still think we'll be bowl eligible

Stay dry, Lexi!

I shoved DH out the door to the airport on Wednesday instead of Thursday in case flights were cancelled. Ironically (we live in Asheville, where life is ironic when it's not just flat-out fun), his Wednesday flight was cancelled, and they vanned him to Charlotte.

He's due to return on Monday via Charlotte, so we shall see.

All we're having in AsheVegas is a ton of humidity and clouds, and occasional downpours, not very different from what we've seen this summer (altho new to Asheville. Yes folks, the climate is changing.)

VN Store

Back