Neyland II

haha

Since my mom has irreversible short-term memory loss, I suppose she won’t be able to find it either!

My sexy is big so it should be easy to find. Check under the bed.

Hi Lexi, I haven't used the tweeter in so long I've forgotten where to start, although I did get some sort of notice from you.

My mom is still determinedly hanging in there. Physically, pretty much as OK as a 91-year-old can be expected to be, mentally quite functional except for not remembering anything that just happened, and names of things, which frustrates her beyond belief. So her reasoning abilities are fine, unless she needs to access her memory as part of the reasoning process, so the "data" isn't there. She writes everything, I mean EVERYTHING, in her planner notebook so that she can report to me what needs to be reported and not seem like a complete goofball to her friends.

She called Wednesday evening to ask why the beeping thing in the kitchen was going off.
me: You mean the smoke alarm?
her: That thing over by the door into the garage, that you put up there that day.
me: That's the smoke alarm! Is there smoke anywhere?
her: There were flames in the wall thing. I threw water on them, and they went out.
me: The smoke alarm was on fire??
her: No, the wall thing.
me: The wall oven??
her: No, no, the wall thing. Where I do my coffee.
me: The microwave caught on fire? And you threw water on it?? That's electrical!!!!!!!
her: Well, it went out. And I put a dish cloth on the beeping thing, so it stopped. Why do I have to have this beeping thing?
me: It's to let you know that something is burning. And see, it worked!
her: But I was right here, I didn't need it beeping.

And so forth. She was far more perturbed about the beeping thing than that her pre-1980 tiny coffee nuker had spontaneously combusted.

Hubs and I are going to Memphis tomorrow (already planned), so it appears that we will be shopping for a small under-the-counter microwave while we're there. And a fire extinguisher. Doctor's appointment on Monday, when I will ask that he order home health (this can only be done on a face-to-face visit.) I'll probably drop by the local fire station again and give them an update (everyone should meet their local fire personnel, who are your first responders, wonderfully calm and competent, and very aware of and concerned about the folks in their response area. They have her on their "special concerns" whiteboard, along with the deaf children, the demented, and those in wheelchairs.)

And we will continue to work on her about how much her remaining family misses her and wishes she would move to Asheville. As she grows more exasperated with home maintenance (and the beeping thing), she is getting a little less attached to staying there, and a little more willing to do it, if she could just be beamed here without the nightmare of a move. But she doesn't want to leave her friends, and never underestimate the stubbornness of a fiercely independent Army widow who ran everything since they were married in 1945, while my father was still alive, and has still done so on her own since 1980 when he died, when it comes to the thought of moving again.

Last edited:
My sexy is big so it should be easy to find. Check under the bed.
Well, tell it to say hi to my mom's "cat." She has a rescue cat that is terrified of everyone but her. Only three people have seen it since she adopted it 14 years ago, and so we all call it her "invisible cat." She (the cat) probably won't be too happy about your big sexy in her hiding place, as she will now have to go find a new hiding place. We don't need any more complexity going on in my mom's life!

Reactions: Leximax
Well, tell it to say hi to my mom's "cat." She has a rescue cat that is terrified of everyone but her. Only three people have seen it since she adopted it 14 years ago, and so we all call it her "invisible cat." She (the cat) probably won't be too happy about your big sexy in her hiding place, as she will now have to go find a new hiding place. We don't need any more complexity going on in my mom's life!

If you can't see the cat, how do you know it's still there?

Variation on Schrodinger(or however his name is spelled).

Seriously, sucks what you're going through. Hope my trying to create laughs doesn't offend you. My personal belief, sometimes humor is the only thing that keeps us sane.

If you can't see the cat, how do you know it's still there?

Variation on Schrodinger(or however his name is spelled).

Seriously, sucks what you're going through. Hope my trying to create laughs doesn't offend you. My personal belief, sometimes humor is the only thing that keeps us sane.
Nah, I work in the medical field (not a clinician, just an annoying HIM drone.) I really have to censor myself in groups when people start talking about health issues so I don't say something completely outrageous. I may not have seen it all, but I sure have read it all.

As for the cat, at first I only saw the bed's dust ruffle fluttering.

Then I started seeing the end of her tail vanishing under the ruffle, and then her hindquarters (and tail.)

Now, I catch her frozen under the night stand, staring at me. She's starting to stay there for all of 5 seconds, maybe realizing that she'd better start being nice to me.
wink2.gif

I think I'll recognize her when I see her if I ever have to take care of her. I think...

Nah, I work in the medical field (not a clinician, just an annoying HIM drone.) I really have to censor myself in groups when people start talking about health issues so I don't say something completely outrageous. I may not have seen it all, but I sure have read it all.

As for the cat, at first I only saw the bed's dust ruffle fluttering.

Then I started seeing the end of her tail vanishing under the ruffle, and then her hindquarters (and tail.)

Now, I catch her frozen under the night stand, staring at me. She's starting to stay there for all of 5 seconds, maybe realizing that she'd better start being nice to me.
wink2.gif

I think I'll recognize her when I see her if I ever have to take care of her. I think...
Are you in Mempho?

Are you in Mempho?
I am, but we are headed home first thing tomorrow. Mainly worked through an impressive honey-do list, including unlocking three online accounts, resetting all her passwords, and cooking three months’ worth of spaghetti sauce, but we did make it to Central BBQ (the one near you), where I made a spectacle of myself with their brisket. Lord have mercy.

I can’t believe the heat and humidity. Left the house at 6:30 Sunday morning to get some decent coffee at Einstein’s, and it was 80 degrees. At 6:30 a.m. I mean, WTF? How do you even survive??

iPad found.

General note to all: when searching under the seats of a rental Camry, groping around from both the front seat and passenger row is not enough. There’s a way for something iPad-ish in shape and size to get caught in the undercarriage of the front passenger seat so as to be findable only by standing on one’s head and using a phone flashlight app.

Hubs is looking pretty confident about getting some lovin’ tonight...

No, that’s the phantom (to me) UT VolNExile (not sure how he spells it)

He was one of those who abruptly (again, to me) vanished at the end of Grudenmania.

I was the one who kept telling people how to do things in html. 1533749743530.gif

VN Store

Back