Next gen console poll: XSX, PS5, PC or none?

Which are you buying?

• Total voters
Honestly depends on availability. I prefer Nvidia but will go AMD if they actually have stock. This whole "release cards, wait 6 months for them to be buyable" thing from Nvidia is really annoying.

Agreed. This whole debacle that NVidia has pulled with these cards is pushing me away from them. And I think the RX cards will have ray tracing soon anyway.

I got my extra Dualsense controller today and I have to say, it feels really great in the hands. It feels premium. It's a bit heavier than the Dualshock 4, a little bit chunkier, and I love all the little subtle differences like the extra grip on the analog sticks, the added tension to the triggers, the larger L1 and R1 bumpers, etc. I cannot wait to try it out with the haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers.

Reactions: CubsFanTN
I got a series s and I love it. The upgraded graphics capabilities are nice but the load times and consistent frame rates are awesome and a big upgrade from my Xbox one. Game pass has a lot of stuff I enjoy and I'm really excited for some upcoming games, especially halo. I also ended up upgrading my monitor and getting an elite controller.

I got my extra Dualsense controller today and I have to say, it feels really great in the hands. It feels premium. It's a bit heavier than the Dualshock 4, a little bit chunkier, and I love all the little subtle differences like the extra grip on the analog sticks, the added tension to the triggers, the larger L1 and R1 bumpers, etc. I cannot wait to try it out with the haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers.
First thing I noticed was how the DualSense felt. I have a premium controller for my PS4. The DualSense feels as good. Much better than the DualShock 4

Managed to snag a 3070 last night on a Newegg combo deal. Had to buy a PSU with it, but apparently I can return it.

I'm already feeling greedy, though, and now I kinda wish I had waited to grab a 3080! I have never had a truly "top of the line" GPU and wanted to go for it this generation, but got tired of waiting and jumped on the 3070. It's still a beast of a card, however, but I'm worried that the 8 GB of VRAM won't be enough in a few years.

I got a series s and I love it. The upgraded graphics capabilities are nice but the load times and consistent frame rates are awesome and a big upgrade from my Xbox one. Game pass has a lot of stuff I enjoy and I'm really excited for some upcoming games, especially halo. I also ended up upgrading my monitor and getting an elite controller.
Is it a pretty big step above the XboxOne or not?

Managed to snag a 3070 last night on a Newegg combo deal. Had to buy a PSU with it, but apparently I can return it.

I'm already feeling greedy, though, and now I kinda wish I had waited to grab a 3080! I have never had a truly "top of the line" GPU and wanted to go for it this generation, but got tired of waiting and jumped on the 3070. It's still a beast of a card, however, but I'm worried that the 8 GB of VRAM won't be enough in a few years.
If you see anymore deals, let me know. Trying to run Black Ops close to 144 frames made me realize my 1080 is needing an upgrade.

Reactions: Aesius

Which 3070 did you get?

Reports are coming out that the 3060 is gonna have 12 GB VRAM. I don't think that'll happen, but I could see the TI version doing that...maybe. Still, this generation really hurt my trust in NVidia. The 3080 should have came with at least 16 GB VRAM. I want either the 6800XT or the 3080. I'm hesitant with the 6800XT because I've never owned an AMD GPU. But then there's the obvious crap with NVidia hah. I am just waiting until the 3rd party 6800XT reviews come out.

Which 3070 did you get?

Reports are coming out that the 3060 is gonna have 12 GB VRAM. I don't think that'll happen, but I could see the TI version doing that...maybe. Still, this generation really hurt my trust in NVidia. The 3080 should have came with at least 16 GB VRAM. I want either the 6800XT or the 3080. I'm hesitant with the 6800XT because I've never owned an AMD GPU. But then there's the obvious crap with NVidia hah. I am just waiting until the 3rd party 6800XT reviews come out.

I got the Gigabyte gaming version. It’s pre-overclocked. I think the 3080 is the better buy but I was impatient and jumped on this deal because they are all so hard to find.

I got the Gigabyte gaming version. It’s pre-overclocked. I think the 3080 is the better buy but I was impatient and jumped on this deal because they are all so hard to find.

Let me know how you like it and how the performance is. If you do end up getting a 3080 in the future then don't look at any overclocked cards. There is absolutely zero headroom for overclocking with those cards. The EVGA 3080 FTW3 edition is giving the same FPS numbers as a non-overclocked 3080 ASUS TUF edition.

Let me know how you like it and how the performance is. If you do end up getting a 3080 in the future then don't look at any overclocked cards. There is absolutely zero headroom for overclocking with those cards. The EVGA 3080 FTW3 edition is giving the same FPS numbers as a non-overclocked 3080 ASUS TUF edition.

Yeah the OC on this 3070 is really minimal. It seems that OCing hasn’t been great on many of the recent Nvidia cards. My 980 Ti OCed massively. Got it to almost 1080 speeds.

Yeah the OC on this 3070 is really minimal. It seems that OCing hasn’t been great on many of the recent Nvidia cards. My 980 Ti OCed massively. Got it to almost 1080 speeds.

I have never tried OC'ing anything. That's gonna change with my next CPU and RAM as well as GPU (depending on what it is). I take it you've done those before as well? What do you use?

I have never tried OC'ing anything. That's gonna change with my next CPU and RAM as well as GPU (depending on what it is). I take it you've done those before as well? What do you use?

Yeah my RAM is OCed with XMP settings in the BIOS. Usually that’s where you OC your CPU as well. I use MSI AfterBurner to OC my 980 Ti.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Any nuggets of info I should know before OC my RAM and CPU?

If your BIOS supports XMP it's really easy to overclock your RAM. There should be a preset in the BIOS you can select for that. For the CPU you likely only need to increase the multiplier in the BIOS. No need to mess with voltage or anything like that. Just Google it and check some "safe" overclocks and start from there. I tend to not push my overclocks to the point of possibly causing instability.

I just retired the PS4 and went strictly PC gaming.
I have a i7-9700, 16 GB ram, RTX 2070. I will probably be looking at getting a new monitor next

Reactions: zhangliao04
If your BIOS supports XMP it's really easy to overclock your RAM. There should be a preset in the BIOS you can select for that. For the CPU you likely only need to increase the multiplier in the BIOS. No need to mess with voltage or anything like that. Just Google it and check some "safe" overclocks and start from there. I tend to not push my overclocks to the point of possibly causing instability.

Supporting XMP, is this something that is typically stated under the specifications tab for a MB? Right now I'm looking at getting the ASUS TUF Gaming X570. And I don't want to do anything extreme, just do a moderate overclock of the CPU since I will not be doing any liquid cooling. The RAM I will probably focus on more since RAM timings really help AMD CPUs.

What monitor/resolution are you looking at?
Not sure yet. I would like to go a tad larger on the screen though, I sit about 4 feet from the monitor. I currently have an 27” Asus 1080p 144hz monitor. Would probably go with at least a 1440p.

Supporting XMP, is this something that is typically stated under the specifications tab for a MB? Right now I'm looking at getting the ASUS TUF Gaming X570. And I don't want to do anything extreme, just do a moderate overclock of the CPU since I will not be doing any liquid cooling. The RAM I will probably focus on more since RAM timings really help AMD CPUs.

Apparently XMP is an Intel-exclusive thing, or at least it's only guaranteed to work on Intel-compatible mobos. I would look into your specific mobo's instructions for it, as AMD has a similar technology but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

VN Store

Back