New Lindsey Nelson Stadium | Baseball Premium Seating Opportunities

TooLegit2Quit

Noticed AllVols.com had updated with more information about the renovation and offerings:

View New Baseball Premium Seating Opportunities & How You Can Reserve Your Spot:

WE NEED YOUR HELP AS WE DESIGN THE NEW LINDSEY NELSON STADUIM!
Tennessee Athletics is thrilled to announce upcoming enhancements to LNS. Help us determine the future as your responses & seat deposits will guide us as we develop the seating plan. Please review seating options below & help us chase our goals for each seating product. Expected completion date & formal construction timeline is TBD.
16541420318052330196298344f0466d_desktop.jpeg

4topps: $250 deposit per table
165414054568255848362982e818aa41_desktop.png

Club: $100 deposit per seat requested
165414080832185258662982f8873642_desktop.png

MVP: $100 deposit per seat requested
165414124319410987586298313b9f445_desktop.png

Loge: $250 deposit per loge
16541410288387344406298306491bd3_desktop.png

Suite: $1,000 deposit per suite
1654139636120713285262982af4da6af_desktop.png

Porch: $250 deposit per porch
16542598471384808332629a008767f33_desktop.png

Season Tickets: $50 deposit per seat requested

Link

Anyone putting in a reservation? Apologies if already posted. Go Vols!

What does everyone think about the artificial turf? Is that a decent playing surface, or is real grass better?

Personally, I dislike the dark brown color of the infield. And I would also prefer real (not artificial) dirt.

It's one thing to give a deposit, but I cannot find where the total cost will be. Are we making a deposit on an Pig in a Poke?
This is my question, too. I’m probably in the MVP category, but I’d like to know more specifics about the seats I’m committing to before I pay. Will they be in the same rows as they are now? Total cost?

The annual costs for most sections can be found at this link: Tennessee Fund - New Lindsey Nelson Stadium

Club is $3500/seat, Loge $15000/year, and 4Topps $3000/year. They do not have the projected annual cost for the MVP or standard season tickets though. In 2022, the MVP was $1500/seat and standard was $325-$500. You can also see on the above link how many people have reserved a particular location, i.e., 37/50 4Topps, 103/300 Club, and 4/6 Suites already have a deposit.

What does everyone think about the artificial turf? Is that a decent playing surface, or is real grass better?

Personally, I dislike the dark brown color of the infield. And I would also prefer real (not artificial) dirt.

Artificial is here to stay. Allows practice/games to still be held in rain unless there's severe weather.

Artist rendering look fantastic, but living in FL we'll root from home. When I look at box score looks like the capacity is just below 5K so I assume Tix are at a premium. Does anyone know what the new seating capacity will be after the renovation is completed?

Aesthetically it sucks. But Tony likes it because it makes practice possible on the field at all times of the season

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I wasn’t a fan until I went to a minor league baseball game. It really does allow for better/faster play, easy to maintain, and really pops in stadiums.

I’m sure there are other advantages as far as weather is concerned as others have stated.

I think there are two different issues going on. One is the artificial grass, which sounds like a better option than natural grass. The other issue is the artificial infield dirt. I think lukeneyland was most likely referring to the infield when he said it "sucked aesthetically."

For me, the turf is fine. But I don't care for the dark color of the infield. If real dirt is not a viable option, can we at least lighten the color so it looks more natural?

I am probably more of a traditionalist, so I love grass BUT in college the turf is very necessary.... especially for the early season games/weather. Aesthetically its odd until you get used to it. And I agree with TechnoVol....it's here to stay.

It don’t look right. It’s too shiny. I’m for it because Tony is though

Apparently, we;re just too far north to have a grass field that's playable in in the winter weather. And the faux turf is a litlle odd looking, though it really doesn't bother me much. Maybe the new stadium will have a new artirficial field that is more aesthetically pleasing.

Apparently, we;re just too far north to have a grass field that's playable in in the winter weather. And the faux turf is a litlle odd looking, though it really doesn't bother me much. Maybe the new stadium will have a new artirficial field that is more aesthetically pleasing.
We are it’s too cold in Knoxville to maintain a good grass surface all year

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I agree with you. But the "fake stuff" will stop several rainouts and bad muddy field games.

Artificial is the economic choice in a big way from what I understand. It's also getting better looking as the tech improves. It'd be nice to get the "grass" material to have a flat / nonreflective quality to it that many dislike. The weird reflections in sunlight and certain lighting conditions looks wonky and fake to many I think. It can certainly have better color saturation and design options that will pop.
Am I one of the few who like the dark dirt? It kinda gives instant recognition to UT when I see games on TV. Kinda like Ole Miss' 2 tone grass every 5 yards, UCLAs unique uniform font, or dare I say Boise's FB field.

Artificial is the economic choice in a big way from what I understand. It's also getting better looking as the tech improves. It'd be nice to get the "grass" material to have a flat / nonreflective quality to it that many dislike. The weird reflections in sunlight and certain lighting conditions looks wonky and fake to many I think. It can certainly have better color saturation and design options that will pop.
Am I one of the few who like the dark dirt? It kinda gives instant recognition to UT when I see games on TV. Kinda like Ole Miss' 2 tone grass every 5 yards, UCLAs unique uniform font, or dare I say Boise's FB field.
the one thing about the darker dirt, I imagine it conceals "stains" better.......

VN Store

Back