New GOP Public Enemy No. 1: Taylor Swift

Meh, I think this is just a few media attention whores trying to make a name for themselves by making an exaggerated, even somewhat in jest, poke at a celebrity. From there, we've seen some of the usual suspects jump on board with the notion that celebrities that endorse Dems are out of touch and should be ignored (whereas, of course, a celebrity that endorses Republicans is earnest and should be listened to).

An age-old circle jerk of no consequence. All in all,

1706734435309.gif

I don't think a single person on that list is top 20 and I enjoy just about all of their work.
I think it's gotta be some combination of musical talent/innovation and impact/popularity. As talented as Sam Cooke was, most people remember him for one or two songs (A change is gonna come and that "got some money because I just got paid" song). No way did he have the impact/popularity of Elvis, and Elvis was also legit talented, even if not particularly innovative musically.

Rolling Stone and Journalist Found Guilty over False Virginia Rape Story​

Rolling Stone magazine and a journalist have been found guilty of defamation over a false article about a gang rape at the University of Virginia.

No way would Rolling Stone do that. I'm not sure they had a white artist in the top 10 (they had Sam Cooke at #3, for God's sake). Until the DEI craze cools a bit, she won't sniff the top 20.

Don't get me wrong. I like Sam Cooke. But #3 is ridiculous.

Current top 13:

Aretha Franklin1
Whitney Houston2
Sam Cooke3
Billie Holiday4
Mariah Carey5
Ray Charles6
Stevie Wonder7
Beyoncé8
Otis Redding9
Al Green10
Little Richard11
John Lennon12
Patsy Cline13
If Mercury can't even make the top 13 it loses all credibility.

Wife and I are coming up Saturday to have dinner. If you don't mind sharing the name, we'll come by and I'll tell the bartender GC is in the house. You can introduce yourself or not.

Dinkinflicka89@yahoo.co.uk

Shoot me an email. I have a date that night but might be able to stop by. Always down to me a VN poster!

Even with auto tune, Swift is a mediocre singer at best.

Taylor Swift is the best....at understanding exactly what her fans want and need. I think that's pretty admirable. She is a legit mogul.

My 5 YO has her on all the time and it's really not bad. I'd never choose it but there's a lot worse that appeals to kids. I think it's impressive that I can still tolerate her. She's not a great singer or musician, but she can write a million hits.

Reactions: Behr and BreatheUT
Taylor Swift is the best....at understanding exactly what her fans want and need. I think that's pretty admirable. She is a legit mogul.

My 5 YO has her on all the time and it's really not bad. I'd never choose it but there's a lot worse that appeals to kids. I think it's impressive that I can still tolerate her. She's not a great singer or musician, but she can write a million hits.
Swift's organization is great at marketing her shows. Even the National Football League has jumped on the Swift bandwagon, along with the television networks. The little girls across the world love her. A mediocre singing talent.

Swift's organization is great at marketing her shows. Even the National Football League has jumped on the Swift bandwagon, along with the television networks. The little girls across the world love her. A mediocre singing talent.

She is the organization. She's in charge of everything.

And what do you think about Bob Dylan? Neil Young?

Singing talent isn't everything. I appreciate a great voice, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority for me and my tastes. Honestly, it seems to be more important to people who have mundane taste in music.

Reactions: Behr and NashVol11
Yep. Bought it a year ago.

People in that business tell me their number one financial hurdle is their servers undercharging their friends for food and drink, and especially bartenders making 2x and 3x pours, but not charging for it correctly, especially to friends. Basically, a backdoor way of robbing the owner.

True? False? Somewhat true?

People in that business tell me their number one financial hurdle is their servers undercharging their friends for food and drink, and especially bartenders making 2x and 3x pours, but not charging for it correctly, especially to friends. Basically, a backdoor way of robbing the owner.

True? False? Somewhat true?

Definitely true for a lot of places. We're smaller and I audit every single thing on a weekly basis to the point where I can narrow down specific variances to the shift and, subsequently through camera use, the employee.

I've let 2 people go as a result if it and so, everyone minds their works as a result. I reminded them that they average 45-70 an hour and that they wouldn't even consider pulling that sh*t at their day jobs that pay a fraction of that amount.

It's not just that. You lost the election because you severely underperformed in the 18-44 suburban female demo.

In addition to their daughters, there's a lot of Swifties in their 20s and 30s that vote...
People that vote because of who an entertainer likes shouldn't be voting. That's what's wrong, it's a popularity contest, nobody has a clue about policy. Those same yahoos who voted because of who Taylor Swift liked, has no clue Biden is a racist piece of crap. Same goes for the right, and Ted Nugent followers.

Definitely true for a lot of places. We're smaller and I audit every single thing on a weekly basis to the point where I can narrow down specific variances to the shift and, subsequently through camera use, the employee.

I've let 2 people go as a result if it and so, everyone minds their works as a result. I reminded them that they average 45-70 an hour and that they wouldn't even consider pulling that sh*t at their day jobs that pay a fraction of that amount.

Did audit over 20 years ago for a country club in Memphis that wasn't doing as well as they thought they were.

Bartenders were robbing the place blind....

Duh! Anyone dating Taylor Swift is going to be instantly famous. He was already rich.

Of course, he got more famous from being associated with her, but he was already one of the most recognizable football players in the world. Maybe the most recognizable non-QB. He has a popular podcast, and he had lots of endorsements already. I believe he had already hosted SNL, which would make him like the 4th NFL player to ever do that.

People really are so stupid. A "glorified lineman," as if he's Noah Fant or something.

She is the organization. She's in charge of everything.

And what do you think about Bob Dylan? Neil Young?

Singing talent isn't everything. I appreciate a great voice, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority for me and my tastes. Honestly, it seems to be more important to people who have mundane taste in music.

He'll piss on Dylan and Young strictly because of their political leanings, especially the latter.

Reactions: n_huffhines
People that vote because of who an entertainer likes shouldn't be voting. That's what's wrong, it's a popularity contest, nobody has a clue about policy. Those same yahoos who voted because of who Taylor Swift liked, has no clue Biden is a racist piece of crap. Same goes for the right, and Ted Nugent followers.

My point is Trump and the Rs politically attacking someone popular with the voters they need to win an election is stupid as hell....

Reactions: joevol33
I'm at a point where I place the blame on owners more than anyone else. It's entirely preventable.

I was a 21 year old intern and I found the discrepancy in less than 2 hours....

The issue at a CC is the ones receiving the freebies are the same ones who ran it...

VN Store

Back