New GOP Public Enemy No. 1: Taylor Swift

Dude. This is like folks I've heard over years say "Elvis had no talent." She may not be your cup of tea (I could not name a single song the woman has recorded), but no. Just no. She does not sell the recordings she does because she's run of the mill with the local bar entertainment.
Swift is just mediocre as a singer even with the help of auto tune. To say Swift's name in the same breath as Elvis Presley is ridiculous.

This thread proves that anyone can find anything stupid on the internet to support their stupid beliefs.

"Republicans are all up in arms about Taylor Swift potentially endorsing Joe Biden!" and EL (along with some others) find some nutcases posting stupidity about Taylor Swift potentially endorsing Joe Biden. It's fake. I doubt many care.

I like Herb Alpert, Pink Floyd, EWF, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Glen Campbell, (did I mention Stevie Nicks?), etc, etc. Any of them announce they are endorsing whoever the R running against Biden is, my response will be "That's nice. Don't care" and not necessarily in that order.

Hell, even if Ludwig van himself arose from the grave and endorsed Trump, I'd still vote for DeSantis in the primary.

Swift is just mediocre as a singer even with the help of auto tune. To say Swift's name in the same breath as Elvis Presley is ridiculous.
Elvis was definitely a better singer, but pretty much mentally deficient in ever other way

Yeah, well now we know why you were a one-term President saying things like Taylor Swift is a mediocre singer.

It must be extra frustrating to know that she could take a wet crap in a plastic bag and that item would still have more monetary worth and cultural significance than every single thing you have accomplished at this point in your life.

Yeah, well now we know why you were a one-term President saying things like Taylor Swift is a mediocre singer.
You Swifties are a loyal bunch, I will say that. Keep your eyes on Rolling Stone Magazine, they may soon put Swift in the top 5 greatest singers of all time, surpassing Elvis Presley.

It must be extra frustrating to know that she could take a wet crap in a plastic bag and that item would still have more monetary worth and cultural significance than every single thing you have accomplished at this point in your life.
This probably is 100% true about everyone on VolNation. No need to be ugly.

Completely agree. Her voice is meh. Song writing too. But hey, she's tall, blond, white and pretty. Gets you pretty far in life if you just have a modicum of talent.

Reactions: Gandalf
You Swifties are a loyal bunch, I will say that. Keep your eyes on Rolling Stone Magazine, they may soon put Swift in the top 5 greatest singers of all time.
Didn't know they still published that magazine. They might, but I stopped paying attention when their "Greatest Songs" lists started including rap.

And unless you just didn't read my comment when seemingly referring to me as a Swifty, I'll remind you I said I could not name a single song she has recorded.

You Swifties are a loyal bunch, I will say that. Keep your eyes on Rolling Stone Magazine, they may soon put Swift in the top 5 greatest singers of all time, surpassing Elvis Presley.
No way would Rolling Stone do that. I'm not sure they had a white artist in the top 10 (they had Sam Cooke at #3, for God's sake). Until the DEI craze cools a bit, she won't sniff the top 20.

Don't get me wrong. I like Sam Cooke. But #3 is ridiculous.

Current top 13:

Aretha Franklin1
Whitney Houston2
Sam Cooke3
Billie Holiday4
Mariah Carey5
Ray Charles6
Stevie Wonder7
Beyoncé8
Otis Redding9
Al Green10
Little Richard11
John Lennon12
Patsy Cline13

Reactions: GroverCleveland
This probably is 100% true about everyone on VolNation. No need to be ugly.

Yeah but none of us are sitting here belittling her craft. He's doing so purely out of political spite.

It just looks dumb and petty to call the most commercially successful artist of all time talentless, and I say that as someone who isn't terribly familiar with her discography.

And also at the end of the day, it's Franklin Pierce. He's a racist piece of garbage and I have zero issue being ugly to literal human trash.

No way would Rolling Stone do that. I'm not sure they had a white artist in the top 10 (they had Sam Cooke at #3, for God's sake). Until the DEI craze cools a bit, she won't sniff the top 20.

Current top 13:

Aretha Franklin1
Whitney Houston2
Sam Cooke3
Billie Holiday4
Mariah Carey5
Ray Charles6
Stevie Wonder7
Beyoncé8
Otis Redding9
Al Green10
Little Richard11
John Lennon12
Patsy Cline13
Wait! Whoa! Who are you and what did you do with EL?! I agree with this.

Don't get me wrong. I like Sam Cooke. But
#3 is ridiculous.

Current top 13:

Aretha Franklin1
Whitney Houston2
Sam Cooke3
Billie Holiday4
Mariah Carey5
Ray Charles6
Stevie Wonder7
Beyoncé8
Otis Redding9
Al Green10
Little Richard11
John Lennon12
Patsy Cline13

I would wipe my ass with Rolling Stone if it were as comfortable as the stuff I buy in bulk for my business.

Current top 13:

Aretha Franklin1
Whitney Houston2
Sam Cooke3
Billie Holiday4
Mariah Carey5
Ray Charles6
Stevie Wonder7
Beyoncé8
Otis Redding9
Al Green10
Little Richard11
John Lennon12
Patsy Cline13
I was going to post something along the same lines about the DEI. It is ridiculous and actually takes away from those who really were among the giants. I love me some Aretha Franklin. But #1? Any of these above Lennon/McCartney? Please.

Wait! Whoa! Who are you and what did you do with EL?! I agree with this.
Nat King Cole wasn't even in the top 200. I wondered why. I did some digging and found that he would play to all-white audiences. In contrast, Sam Cooke was politically active.

I think it's ridiculous to bring ones current politics into music rankings.

I was going to post something along the same lines about the DEI. It is ridiculous and actually takes away from those who really were among the giants. I love me some Aretha Franklin. But #1? Any of these above Lennon/McCartney? Please.

I don't think a single person on that list is top 20 and I enjoy just about all of their work.

Current top 13:

Aretha Franklin1
Whitney Houston2
Sam Cooke3
Billie Holiday4
Mariah Carey5
Ray Charles6
Stevie Wonder7
Beyoncé8
Otis Redding9
Al Green10
Little Richard11
John Lennon12
Patsy Cline13
Rolling Stone writers do a lot of drugs.

17. Elvis Presley

18. Celia Cruz

24. Paul McCartney

VN Store

Back