New cars bought - prices paid

You'll go back to a gas powered mechanics truck re-charging your battery in the emergency lane 1/10th of the way to Albuquerque. And you haven't got the bill for year 5 battery replancement costs yet.

Assuming the estimates are correct, the Tesla battery is expected to last up to 300,000 to 500,000 miles. Given that I'm 75 and drive around 10,000 a year, I'll be in the ground before the battery dies. Not sure what any of this has to do with Albuquerque, are you still using a flip phone?

Assuming the estimates are correct, the Tesla battery is expected to last up to 300,000 to 500,000 miles. Given that I'm 75 and drive around 10,000 a year, I'll be in the ground before the battery dies. Not sure what any of this has to do with Albuquerque, are you still using a flip phone?
No. That's where Bugs Bunny always takes the left turn.

I can't stand the constant switching. If I need my high beams, I'll turn them on myself. Just like I've been doing the past 18 years.
Some systems are better than others. I know in my Honda it sucked (and I hated it). Chevy and Hyundai had it down good. My F-150 did too.

Just reserved a '23 Corolla LE. Paid MSRP (~$1500 above invoice). None currently on the lot but it's on the way from Japan. For reference, purchased in San Diego, CA.

If you believe those estimates you’re crazy. When you look at battery degradation, Tesla has a huge fudge factor in their algorithm. Real world tests show Teslas don’t live up to their EPA rating and degradation is higher than reported. I would imagine the range on a 300k battery (if it last that long) will be half of original. These reason are why Tesla’s values are plummeting as well as their stock value.

I bought a 2020 Camry XSE, black with black leather in Dec 2019 to use for a vacation car that following spring.....then Covid hit so I just left it parked in my garage and drove my Mazda6 daily driver. Was at the dealer where I purchased it several months back and was offered $6500 cash over what I paid. Their lot was empty and supposedly they had 430 cars sold awaiting delivery. Wait times of several months. Most glad I bought when I did as got a very good deal and I love the car. 4 cylinder, 8 speed auto with 10.600 miles and will knock off over 40 MPG on the highway and 34-37 around town.

Reactions: McDad
If you believe those estimates you’re crazy. When you look at battery degradation, Tesla has a huge fudge factor in their algorithm. Real world tests show Teslas don’t live up to their EPA rating and degradation is higher than reported. I would imagine the range on a 300k battery (if it last that long) will be half of original. These reason are why Tesla’s values are plummeting as well as their stock value.

Well, the instantaneous combustion on Teslas does exceed those little orange clad dudes in SE Asia, so there's that.

I don't begrudge someone going electric just cause they like the vehicle. But, don't act like you're doing the environment any favors. And some 8 year old probably lost his life or got whipped while mining the metals for you batteries.

Where is the environment these EV's are saving? Cut down all the oxygen producing, pollution reducing vegetation and trees to make your EV go. Thse EV's are saving the planet.
th

th

th

I'd think that the potential for an economic slow down in the US and China probably has a significant impact on Tesla stock prices. I haven't heard anything related to battery life impacting stock price. I'm not here to defend Tesla or Musk. Also, still even at 150,000 miles with my average use it would be 15 years before I'd need a new battery. I haven't owned a vehicle 15 years in my entire life so battery life certainly isn't an issue for me. Plus, I'd be 90 and probably opt for a full self driving vehicle at that age both for my safety as well as the others on the road.

I'd think that the potential for an economic slow down in the US and China probably has a significant impact on Tesla stock prices. I haven't heard anything related to battery life impacting stock price. I'm not here to defend Tesla or Musk. Also, still even at 150,000 miles with my average use it would be 15 years before I'd need a new battery. I haven't owned a vehicle 15 years in my entire life so battery life certainly isn't an issue for me. Plus, I'd be 90 and probably opt for a full self driving vehicle at that age both for my safety as well as the others on the road.

lol. I've been noticing a few drivers around cookeville lately that should consider that now. I feel like I've been a target lately.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Went to Greenway Hickory Hollow Kia in Nashville to look at a Sportage. They told me up front there was 5,000 added to the factory sticker. Doesn't work for me.

Went to Wilson County Hyundai to look at a Tucson SEL which is the trim line I would want. It comes with power and heated seats, heated mirrors, hands free tailgate. All the collision avoidance bells and whistles and has a roomier backseat and cargo area than my neighbors new Rav4. Factory sticker was 30,330. They then had them marked down 386 dollars to 29,944. They charge a doc fee of 596. So with tax and tags it would be 32,687 OTD. I can't imagine why anyone would buy a Sportage from any of the Greenway Kia dealers and pay a 5,000 premium when there were Tucsons on the lot yesterday at Wilson County Hyundai with a 386 discount for basically the same vehicle.

I didn't buy but am strongly considering it.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Went to Greenway Hickory Hollow Kia in Nashville to look at a Sportage. They told me up front there was 5,000 added to the factory sticker. Doesn't work for me.

Went to Wilson County Hyundai to look at a Tucson SEL which is the trim line I would want. It comes with power and heated seats, heated mirrors, hands free tailgate. All the collision avoidance bells and whistles and has a roomier backseat and cargo area than my neighbors new Rav4. Factory sticker was 30,330. They then had them marked down 386 dollars to 29,944. They charge a doc fee of 596. So with tax and tags it would be 32,687 OTD. I can't imagine why anyone would buy a Sportage from any of the Greenway Kia dealers and pay a 5,000 premium when there were Tucsons on the lot yesterday at Wilson County Hyundai with a 386 discount for basically the same vehicle.

Like I’ve said, some dealerships care.

Don’t give me that s*** about well if they can flip it why shouldn’t I charge more. You’re a s*** person. Period.

Don’t give me that s*** about well if they can flip it why shouldn’t I charge more. You’re a s*** person. Period.
I've thought about that argument some and it seems like a dealership that was worried about flippers could just make it part of the deal that you have to register the car through them. I know the last few cars I bought, I had the dealership do the registration for me. It was probably optional but it saved me a trip to the county clerks office. I don't know whether there is any law that prevent that but, if not, in a time of scarcity it seems like it would be a great way to ensure that end users in your vicinity who are likely to use your service and parts departments and maybe be repeat buyers are getting your inventory.

The last time I talked to a dealer about buying a car, providing my own tags was not an option. They wanted to include all of the tax, title & license fees regardless. I walked…

Your inexperience is showing.

Your inexperience is showing.
Better to be a leech who sucks every cent out of some poor working stiff who just needs basic transportation to get to a job and support his family. Do you get a little something extra from the finance company if you can talk some desperate person into getting under water on a car they can’t afford?

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Plenty of dealers didn’t. And that’s the first question I ask any dealership I interview at because I’d rather work at McDonalds than for those that take advantage of people.

The "S" in MSRP means suggested. Some times dealers have to sell under due to the economy, the demand, etc. Sometimes, the inverse is true. The MSRP was set months before a vehicle even touches the lot and in that timeframe, there was 10-15% Biden inflation. Heck, the Dollar Tree became the $1.25 Tree during this timeframe....

And to be fair, you worked at a dealership that probably gave people less than fair value on a trade, tried to sell warranty products that aren't worth the paper they are printed on, and selling used vehicles for much more than they did pre-pandemic.

Ultimately, if there's a vehicle that cost too much, I just won't buy it...

I went to the same dealership to check out an EV6. Loved the car and they had it sold, but they wanted me to pay 10k dealer markup. I said nope, they came back with 5k markup, so I walked out. They called me the next day asking about 2500 markup, still holding out. If more of us refuse to pay these markups they will have to stop doing that.

VN Store

Back