New cars bought - prices paid

Since you are so proud of the way you do business, why don't you go ahead and post the name of your dealership in this thread?
Several of my dealerships appear in this grassroots websit, markups.org , as a best place to buy a vehicle.

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is, buy a dealership, and put guys like me out of business? Seems it would be easy money to take out a price gouger.

Several of my dealerships appear in this grassroots websit, markups.org , as a best place to buy a vehicle.

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is, buy a dealership, and put guys like me out of business? Seems it would be easy money to take out a price gouger.
that's more or less what I expected. all bark, no bite.

YankeeVol, you're an expert. I loathe the blue-blinding headlights & refuse to purchase a vehicle with such atrocities. Still driving a 2012 Honda Accord. How would you sell me, brother?
LOL been looking for something to replace my 21 year old 400k mile diesel for about a year... on the upside it is only 4 years from qualifying for antique auto tags (+ it still gets 50 mpg)

Reactions: feathersax and txbo
Bought a 17 XT5 Premium Sport in Nov 20 via Carvana. Local dealer has offered us $3k over what we paid. No deal. Wife would take to the bell tower if I sold it. Lol

Reactions: StarRaider
Bought 2 cars last year for my daughter's.

'20 Nissan Sentra for 21k
'18 Chevy Spark for 15k cash out the door

Looking to buy an EV this year to replace my wife's '15 Honda Odyssey. Would love to get a closer look at the new Chevy Blazer but that seems impossible. May check out the Kia EV6.

LEDs aren’t really blue
Well, the LEDs or whatever they are just blind me at night. Hard to tell whether they're on high-beam or not. Also, I'm seeing more & more vehicles whose headlights are misaligned. Is this factual or just an old geezer who needs to get a chauffeur? Thanks for the response. :cool:

Love there Heritage, but dealers are only getting 1 each. Just saw they are putting constraints on again for LUX, hardtop and SAS for all of 2023. Glad I got mine in time!

Bronco.jpg

Well, the LEDs or whatever they are just blind me at night. Hard to tell whether they're on high-beam or not. Also, I'm seeing more & more vehicles whose headlights are misaligned. Is this factual or just an old geezer who needs to get a chauffeur? Thanks for the response. :cool:
I think the auto bright feature on these cars still has issues. I had a rental car that had auto bright. It seemed to work okay for oncoming cars, but was terrible at picking up cars in front of me going the same direction. I thought it was going to get me punched a few times as it kept flashing bright at cars and I could never find the setting to turn it off.

I got lucky a few weeks ago and found a Toyota Highlander on the lot for my wife. Actually got it under MSRP even though they were showing me other vehicles that still had the "market adjustment" that I kept rolling my eyes at.
Good vehicle. My wife has the Pilot but wants the highlander to be her next ride.

Bought a Tesla Performance Model Y 2023 on Nov 3, 2022. Price including taxes, registration etc... $70,290

One surprise was that I overlooked the fact that the remote garage door opener, I think it's called HomeLink is a $350 option that wasn't included on the car. It does have a trailer hitch that will be good for our bike rack.

Buying experience with Tesla is really different, we had a sales person (the store was in a mall) that was weird and ok. We have a Mercedes E300 2018 and the first thing she says to us when we get out of the Mercedes is "if you're expecting the finished details that you have on your Mercedes you don't want a Tesla" then she proceeded to show us where the finished details with the Tesla weren't perfect. Also, it's basically, you, the sales person, a laptop and a test drive. Then you put down $250 and wait for delivery.

Note: after driving an EV for a couple months, I'm not sure I can or would go back to a gas powered vehicle.
You'll go back to a gas powered mechanics truck re-charging your battery in the emergency lane 1/10th of the way to Albuquerque. And you haven't got the bill for year 5 battery replancement costs yet.

Good vehicle. My wife has the Pilot but wants the highlander to be her next ride.
That's exactly what we just did. My wife has had 2 Pilots and liked them, but the Highlander felt like a clear step up.

That's exactly what we just did. My wife has had 2 Pilots and liked them, but the Highlander felt like a clear step up.
Really? I mean Pilots are well appointed. We have the EX-L, but honestly it's still a Honda after all these decades of not having one, but that is why most buy one. It has nice custom features you can set. I love the options for the auto lock/unlock. We just walk away and it locks. Grab the handle and it unlocks. And my SIL is fumbling around trying to find her phone app to lock up her caddy acting like that's a status option. lol.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I think the auto bright feature on these cars still has issues. I had a rental car that had auto bright. It seemed to work okay for oncoming cars, but was terrible at picking up cars in front of me going the same direction. I thought it was going to get me punched a few times as it kept flashing bright at cars and I could never find the setting to turn it off.
Auto-bright. That might explain it. Thanks.

Glad to help man. Enjoy it. Hyundai makes a good product
So, what's the scoop on the Genesis level SUV's. I looked at them on the lot one time, and they are some seriously well appointed interiors, Standard AWD, a frsction of hte price of a comparably equipped BMW, or Mercedes, etc. I just don't see many of them (or the sedans) riding around.

Personally, I think cars have just gone too far. My SIL can control alot of features on their X7 with hand motions or telling the car they're cold or hot, etc.

P.S. - Are you headed back to the auto world, or are you sticking it out in the banking training.

So, what's the scoop on the Genesis level SUV's. I looked at them on the lot one time, and they are some seriously well appointed interiors, Standard AWD, a frsction of hte price of a comparably equipped BMW, or Mercedes, etc. I just don't see many of them (or the sedans) riding around.

Personally, I think cars have just gone too far. My SIL can control alot of features on their X7 with hand motions or telling the car they're cold or hot, etc.

P.S. - Are you headed back to the auto world, or are you sticking it out in the banking training.
I don’t have much experience with Genesis. They look pretty nice though, and seem to be very well rated.

I keep going back and forth. The bank money sucks, but I don’t think 2023 is going to be a good year to be in car sales

I don’t have much experience with Genesis. They look pretty nice though, and seem to be very well rated.

I keep going back and forth. The bank money sucks, but I don’t think 2023 is going to be a good year to be in car sales

Seems strange that since Hyundai/Kia do so well and seem to be legit dependable that Genesis hasn't caught on like Lexus, Acura, Infinity did. And Genesis doesn't even re-purpose run of the mill models into luxury models like the other three. They appear to be independent models. Maybe i'm wrong on that. Wasn't hard to see that an older I30 or J30 was jut a Maxima. Maybe not all models were re-badged but a few core models were. I may be wrong, but I still think one of the Acura SUV's is still a re-badged Pilot.

VN Store

Back