Never seen so much love

By all indications, Klubnik is a talented and highly promising quarterback. However, the post-game show displayed a graphic which indicated that we pressured him, during his first start on the collegiate level, 26 times. That was, by far, the most any Clemson quarterback has been pressured since 2013. On those 26 downs, he finished 7-20-2 for 82 yards and no touchdowns. In short, we did exactly what we should have done, i.e., relentlessly pressure an extremely talented but inexperienced quarterback.
You absolutely nailed it. We won the LOS.

Ummm. Klubnik is legit. Acting like he sucked is ridiculous. Dude is a stud and Clemson has nothing to worry about for the next few years QB wise.

Dude is a true freshman. He could ultimately turn out to be a good player but he is far from legit at this point in his career . Dude was straight up ass at times last night. Obviously our pressure helped with that but throwing off the back foot ain’t gonna work consistently lol

He made a lot of bad decisions, like running backwards for 30 yards, and his receivers bailed him out several times.

Reactions: Dr H Lecter
Given to a team or player that got their butts kicked. Their qb had 2 interceptions and was bailed out by 6 PI penalties. Dabo made stupid call after stupid call. Baffling to me.
The good news is you can’t get called for PI 6 times unless you are close to the receiver. Our backs were always in on the play, which is a big improvement. I thought at least 4 of those were the right call. Slaughter had the defensive play of the game when he broke up that late deep attempt. Played it perfect!!

I will give our opponents credit when it is due. I saw nothing from Klubnik to indicate he will be a stud. I saw a QB who looked like a deer in the headlights most of the time and was nonexistent in terms of threatening our defense downfield. He may have talent, but he has a lot of work to do.
I think this is spot on. I saw nothing last night that put any fear in my heart. After the first hit of the night, he was finished. He held on to the ball too long (slow decision making), quick to leave the pocket (even when not necessary), under threw several throws (not the arm much hyped arm strength). I told my watching partner that he could not beat us-but their running attack was ok. For whatever reason(bad coaching), they put the game in his hands and managed one touchdown against the weakest part of our team-our secondary. He may turn out to be a great ACC quarterback; he’d be very pedestrian in the SEC.

Clemson is a good team. We are just better.

Pay attention to this post, folks. Herein lies the accurate assessment.

As for Klubnil, he is a freshman making his first start. Kudos to Banks. A lot of DCs would try to play coverage in this situation. But Banks didn’t. He brought relentless pressure, which unsurprisingly sped up the inexperienced player and made him very inconsistent.

30/54 with 329 isn’t bad. He is a freshman. His picks were forced but he is going to be a good one.

I think he will be good but he was facing a bunch of DBs that were custom made for an inaugural game. About 100 of his yards were PI some would have not been caught and at least 1 should have been a no call. We got a no call on a play that resembled one that they got the call. He played like a HS QB kept going backwards trying to reset but is not used to DL that can run like BY. I think he will be OK but you never know I think his confidence is on slippery slope after that fubar right before half. It could go either way I’m sure they have another 5* lined up . Could see him in the portal unless he gets right. You could see it in his face he was not ready for this stage.

Ummm. Klubnik is legit. Acting like he sucked is ridiculous. Dude is a stud and Clemson has nothing to worry about for the next few years QB wise.
He's ok. But he's gonna be on his ass a lot for the the next few years if tonight is any indication. That boy is probably sore this morning. Hats off to the D, they showed out last night, GBO!

klubnik sucked and was far from ready to play this game against a average sec defense that had a good night.there was a reason dj had the job all year and it showed up last night.this is the reason you avoid starting freshman qb's.

I agree. I thought Clemson’s game plan played right into our hands. Pleasantly surprised by our pass rush not letting their deep game develop. Banks had a month to prepare for this game and it showed.
Our pass rushers have been good most of the year. Our D isn’t near as bad as folks made it out to be. Clemson couldn’t keep us from pressuring the quarterback. GBO

I think he will be good but he was facing a bunch of DBs that were custom made for an inaugural game. About 100 of his yards were PI some would have not been caught and at least 1 should have been a no call. We got a no call on a play that resembled one that they got the call. He played like a HS QB kept going backwards trying to reset but is not used to DL that can run like BY. I think he will be OK but you never know I think his confidence is on slippery slope after that fubar right before half. It could go either way I’m sure they have another 5* lined up . Could see him in the portal unless he gets right. You could see it in his face he was not ready for this stage.
For clarity the QBs stats don’t include PI yardage.

Our pass rushers have been good most of the year. Our D isn’t near as bad as folks made it out to be. Clemson couldn’t keep us from pressuring the quarterback. GBO
It faded down the stretch and we didn't bother Rattler at all for 48 min. But Banks had time to draw up some good stuff and it worked well. I also just think Clemson had a down year.

For clarity the QBs stats don’t include PI yardage.

but it does keep drive alive the times they didn’t get the PIs. They were pretty stagnant otherwise.He got a lot of those yards when he really should been off the field . If he rainbows those under throws top DBs will eat him up our guys just needed to turn around and it would have hit em in the chest.
the PIs got them in the red zone JMO

Reactions: GoVols64

VN Store

Back