Never seen so much love

The Alabubba commentator was killed that he didn’t get celebrate a Clemson win, drooling all over the freshman quarterback phenom and giving back hand comments about Milton.

Reactions: posivol
He showed flashes of being great tonight, but his overall performance was not very good and certainly not up to the standards that were set for him by all the hype. He has a whole offseason to improve, and I’m sure he will, but I am not convinced yet that he will be as great as or better than Trevor Lawrence the way he’s been getting hyped, though.
He looked like a freshman on those pass plays where he ran backwards when he should have stepped up in the pocket. All of Klubnick's negatives tonight can and will be coached away in the future.

9-5 UNC is not a big win IMO. They've beat no one.
It was a championship game. It wasn’t about the opponent, but still bigger than anything Levis won. You think Levis beating Florida was more impressive? Their bowl win last year over Iowa? Levis has won nothing and that freshman won a championship after being thrown into the fire. Yeah, that’s a bigger win.

We pressured Klubnik all night long and that’s what you should do to a freshman . Just like when Nico starts for us in the future everybody is going to bring the heat until he gets it. Process all QBs go thru. Just glad we had Milton . If Tayven Jackson started for us tonight Clemson would have brought the house. GOVOLS!! Great win.

Very refreshing that our defense was clutch and the Cinderella QB did not dismantle our defense.
Klubnick will not be bad at all. He just wasn't the best QB on the field tonight. His ceiling is very high. though.
I saw a lot of holding on Clemson being ignored. It was frustrating me the whole game. I watched our pass rushers get pulled to the ground on most pass plays.
We should have had a safety there at the end. There was blatant holding in the end zone.

It was a championship game. It wasn’t abo it the opponent, but still bigger than anything Levis won.

It was an acc championship game, not a real championship. Uk's MSU win is a better win. But this wasn't really the comparison that I was trying to make.

The similarities I see. Tough, good legs, great arm, accurate, occasional poor decision making, leaves pocket to soon, takes too many big hits, trusts arm a little too much.

It was an acc championship game, not a real championship. Uk's MSU win is a better win. But this wasn't really the comparison that I was trying to make.

The similarities I see. Tough, good legs, great arm, accurate, occasional poor decision making, leaves pocket to soon, takes too many big hits, trusts arm a little too much.
Holy cow.

Name the similarities you disagree with
Not that part, the part about Levis having a bigger win (MSU) and the ACC not being a real championship game. It’s a league championship game. A true freshman jumped in and killed it for them. That’s better than what Levi’s did in any of UK’s wins over trash teams.

Reactions: dd4vols
It was obvious to me that kid is really talented and tough.

I hated the ESPN game broadcast and lack of replays. I can't help but wonder if we would have been shredded had his field vision been more developed. Supposition because most times that we forced him to scramble the camera angle didn't show the receivers and the repays sucked.

I'm glad moving forward we've only got to worry about seeing him again in the post season.

I don't dislike Klubnik, but I got sick and tired of seeing his parents by the end of the 1st qtr.

Not that part, the part about Levis having a bigger win (MSU) and the ACC not being a real championship game. It’s a league championship game. A true freshman jumped in and killed it for them. That’s better than what Levi’s did in any of UK’s wins over trash teams.

Fine with me if that's your disagreement. I don't respect ACC football but it's cool that you do.

UNC is just a team that I think would finish 7th or 8th in the SEC.

Reactions: Dr H Lecter
Fine with me if that's your disagreement. I don't respect ACC football but it's cool that you do.

UNC is just a team that I think would finish 7th or 8th in the SEC.
It’s not about respecting ACC football, it’s about my massive level of disrespect for UK football and what they have done the last couple of years. They’ve done nothing. They’re trash. I’ll take a conference title even in a bad league over my teams best win being a mediocre team in the regular season, especially when that title was led by a true freshman as opposed to the wins over bad/mediocre team being led by a supposed first round pick and veteran.

It’s not about respecting ACC football, it’s about my massive level of disrespect for UK football and what they have done the last couple of years. They’ve done nothing. They’re trash. I’ll take a conference title even in a bad league over my teams best win being a mediocre team in the regular season, especially when that title was led by a true freshman as opposed to the wins over bad/mediocre team being led by a supposed first round pick and veteran.

I support you 💯 in your UK disrespect

I don’t know, I was hoping to see a few more cut-aways to his parents
Did you know they had a hard time getting into to town?

Seems like it wouldn't have been worth it given the abuse their kid put himself into.

I will give our opponents credit when it is due. I saw nothing from Klubnik to indicate he will be a stud. I saw a QB who looked like a deer in the headlights most of the time and was nonexistent in terms of threatening our defense downfield. He may have talent, but he has a lot of work to do.

Reactions: Dr H Lecter
By all indications, Klubnik is a talented and highly promising quarterback. However, the post-game show displayed a graphic which indicated that we pressured him, during his first start on the collegiate level, 26 times. That was, by far, the most any Clemson quarterback has been pressured since 2013. On those 26 downs, he finished 7-20-2 for 82 yards and no touchdowns. In short, we did exactly what we should have done, i.e., relentlessly pressure an extremely talented but inexperienced quarterback.

They were on the field for 101 offensive plays (56 passes and 45 runs) and surrendered 484 yards, but the defense played with relentless effort and surrendered only 14 points to the ACC champions and 7th-ranked team in the country. They deserve tremendous credit for this victory.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back