Netflix

Latest season of Love Death and Robots hits hard. Maybe the best season. The last one was just jaw dropping beautiful.

I liked Silverton Siege. I like flicks that are based on real life events. I know this is a Netflix thread (tough titties,) but "The Tomorrow War is a cool Sci-Fi/drama on Prime.

Lincoln Lawyer started slow (never dull), but ratcheted up to be a very good representation of Michael Connelly’s work. Tinkered with the story and casting and it clicked. Daughter was disappointed because Matthew McConaughey wasn’t playing Mickey Haller but got into the spirit of the stories, which included a nice blend from different books…and room for subsequent seasons.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Killing Them Softly. I can't believe I never saw this when it came out. I think I probably stayed away because I didn't hear anything and assumed that meant it was no bueno, but it's good.

Reactions: bignewt
New Ricky Gervais special wasn’t worth the time. Multiple bits that seemed blatantly stolen and then material you’ve heard done 1000x like the difference in cats and dogs.

The stolen stuff specifically was 2 John Mulaney bits (Chinaman being a lazy slur, and killing baby hitler) and one Dennis Leary bit (about being glad he will die early because the last 10 years are the worst).

New Ricky Gervais special wasn’t worth the time. Multiple bits that seemed blatantly stolen and then material you’ve heard done 1000x like the difference in cats and dogs.

The stolen stuff specifically was 2 John Mulaney bits (Chinaman being a lazy slur, and killing baby hitler) and one Dennis Leary bit (about being glad he will die early because the last 10 years are the worst).
I just finished, liked it a lot.

Reactions: bignewt
Finished The Staircase. I know its old but I had been putting it off because its so long. Its interesting. It was really good, wasn't even expecting the "making a murderer" twists.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Hustle with Adam Sandler was surprisingly good. I didn't expect much going into it and ended enjoying it. Idk if I would rewatch it, but I'd give it a 6/10.

Hustle with Adam Sandler was surprisingly good. I didn't expect much going into it and ended enjoying it. Idk if I would rewatch it, but I'd give it a 6/10.
Just started watching this tonight and I’m really enjoying it. This is probably the acting job Adam Sandler has ever done.

I think Spanglish might be Adam Sandler's best acting job. Uncut Gems and PDL were great, but a big part of what made those characters work was the styles of the movie, how they were written, and especially their quarkiness, which comes natural to Sandler. Spanglish was basically a family drama where he has to play everything straight, and he nailed it and somehow the movie is good. For those who haven't seen it, no explanation of the plot would make you think it would be entertaining, but it is.

"Keep Sweet" - Series on the FLDS cult is interesting. Watched the first 2 episodes last night.

It gets pretty gross. I grew up an hour from Colorado City. I'd see polygamists at Wal-Mart on the weekends. I always felt a little pity for them because I knew how sheltered they must be, but I had no idea they were living under a pedo dictatorship. It's really amazing what you can get people to do if they fear hell enough.

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
I think Spanglish might be Adam Sandler's best acting job. Uncut Gems and PDL were great, but a big part of what made those characters work was the styles of the movie, how they were written, and especially their quarkiness, which comes natural to Sandler. Spanglish was basically a family drama where he has to play everything straight, and he nailed it and somehow the movie is good. For those who haven't seen it, no explanation of the plot would make you think it would be entertaining, but it is.
What did you think of Reign Over Me? If I like a movie I tend to think highly of the actor’s performance…guess I don’t know the difference

What did you think of Reign Over Me? If I like a movie I tend to think highly of the actor’s performance…guess I don’t know the difference

I haven't seen it. Should I? I barely remember the title.

Yeah, it's much easier to see a good performance in a good movie. Bad or boring movies can take you out of it to the point that you overlook good elements.

VN Store

Back