Netflix

Started The Boys on Amazon with some friends while in Oregon, which led to another couple friends recommending Altered Carbon on Netflix. Loving them both.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
The Sword of Trust on Netflix is good. Filmed in Birmingham and I've been to the pawn shop where it was set many times.

My daughter passed the ultimate paternity test yesterday. My favorite show as a little kid was He-Man and I turned on Masters of the Universe: Revelation to see if it was any good. My 3 YO walks in and is immediately hooked. She wouldn't leave my office until I told her I'd wait to watch it with her. Later, we burned thru 3 episodes with her bouncing around the couch and judy-chopping me the whole time.

My daughter passed the ultimate paternity test yesterday. My favorite show as a little kid was He-Man and I turned on Masters of the Universe: Revelation to see if it was any good. My 3 YO walks in and is immediately hooked. She wouldn't leave my office until I told her I'd wait to watch it with her. Later, we burned thru 3 episodes with her bouncing around the couch and judy-chopping me the whole time.

So despite growing up a huge He-Man fan, you were perfectly fine with...

Killing He-Man off in the first episode?

So despite growing up a huge He-Man fan, you were perfectly fine with...

Killing He-Man off in the first episode?

I haven't finished the series yet, so I'm not going to check your spoiler. Before I watched it I caught wind of people complaining about it being woke, but I'm 5 episodes in and don't even know what they might've been complaining about.

I guess that He-Man isn't in it much and then dies? So it's too female-driven? Would I rather have MotU be a He-Man show? Probably. But it wasn't a show at all. It was IP that wasn't being used and now it is and they made a cool show that my 3 YO loves.

I haven't finished the series yet, so I'm not going to check your spoiler. Before I watched it I caught wind of people complaining about it being woke, but I'm 5 episodes in and don't even know what they might've been complaining about.

I guess that He-Man isn't in it much and then dies? So it's too female-driven? Would I rather have MotU be a He-Man show? Probably. But it wasn't a show at all. It was IP that wasn't being used and now it is and they made a cool show that my 3 YO loves.

If you've watched the first 3 episodes then I didn't say anything you didn't already know.

What pisses me off is the fact that Netflix is releasing this in two 5 episode chunks. Kevin Smith is imploring with fans to wait and see the last 5 episodes before they get upset. Fair enough but fans can only go on what they've been shown. He-Man has always been the central character of the show and beloved by fans. The idea of killing him off in the first couple of episodes in order to make Teela the main focus, how did KS NOT anticipate a backlash! I don't know if I would categorize the show as "woke" but I think the combination of what they did with He-Man and the fact that fans are left having to wait on the conclusion was a serious miscalculation by him and Netflix.

If you've watched the first 3 episodes then I didn't say anything you didn't already know.

What pisses me off is the fact that Netflix is releasing this in two 5 episode chunks. Kevin Smith is imploring with fans to wait and see the last 5 episodes before they get upset. Fair enough but fans can only go on what they've been shown. He-Man has always been the central character of the show and beloved by fans. The idea of killing him off in the first couple of episodes in order to make Teela the main focus, how did KS NOT anticipate a backlash! I don't know if I would categorize the show as "woke" but I think the combination of what they did with He-Man and the fact that fans are left having to wait on the conclusion was a serious miscalculation by him and Netflix.

I actually watched episode 5 but didn't realize that's the end for now. For me, I just don't get people who feel like they are owed something. I promise you, go watch the old cartoon and this show is 1 million times better, and it's not just about the art.

He gave us a clue when he didn't call it "He-Man and the..." it's called "Masters of the Universe: Revelation". If his whole goal was to keep the fan base happy, then he failed, but that's a really tough goal. Unless the show is absolutely amazing, there are always going to be countless comic book guys lining up to complain about something. He made a show where they will kill main characters. Nobody is safe and that's kinda awesome to watch. We're dealing in a land of magic so there is a good chance they can reverse what happened.

I actually watched episode 5 but didn't realize that's the end for now. For me, I just don't get people who feel like they are owed something. I promise you, go watch the old cartoon and this show is 1 million times better, and it's not just about the art.

He gave us a clue when he didn't call it "He-Man and the..." it's called "Masters of the Universe: Revelation". If his whole goal was to keep the fan base happy, then he failed, but that's a really tough goal. Unless the show is absolutely amazing, there are always going to be countless comic book guys lining up to complain about something. He made a show where they will kill main characters. Nobody is safe and that's kinda awesome to watch. We're dealing in a land of magic so there is a good chance they can reverse what happened.

The original show was made for kids, not adults. Of course it comes off as corny now, as no one ever died and there were moral lessons at the end. But at the time I guarantee you 7-10 year olds weren't thinking that. This version is made for a more mature audience, which I totally understand. They are seeking to capture the fans who grew up with the original show but appeal to their adult sensibilities.

I'm just not sure if it was a good idea to kill off He-Man, Skeletor, and Orco right off the bat. If he was so hell bent on killing off He-Man, I personally would've done it as a climactic ending to the show, not in the first freaking episode. We'll see with the final 5 episodes. I'm just along for the ride. However my point is if KS and Netflix didn't realize what a backlash this would potentially cause, then they really didn't understand their audience and the material as well as they thought they did.

Regarding the art of the original series, I thought it was pretty good considering the budget. It was about on the same level as GI Joe or Superfriends. I thought Filmation did a good job of capturing the likenesses of the action figures very well. I don't know if you realized or remember but the cartoon actually came out AFTER the merchandise did.

Last edited:
The original show was made for kids, not adults. Of course it comes off as corny now, as no one ever died and there were moral lessons at the end. But at the time I guarantee you 7-10 year olds weren't thinking that. This version is made for a more mature audience, which I totally understand. They are seeking to capture the fans who grew up with the original show but appeal to their adult sensibilities.

I'm just not sure if it was a good idea to kill off He-Man, Skeletor, and Orco right off the bat. If he was so hell bent on killing off He-Man, I personally would've done it as a climactic ending to the show, not in the first freaking episode. We'll see with the final 5 episodes. I'm just along for the ride. However my point is if KS and Netflix didn't realize what a backlash this would potentially cause, then they really didn't understand their audience and the material as well as they thought they did.

Have you seen these 5 episodes to the end?

I promise you, if he made it just for little kids, none of us would like it.

Thunderforce is absolutely hilarious. It’s worth checking out if you want a silly comedy.

Watched the documentary on the Malice at the Palace. Pretty interesting. Its amazing how long a way Ron Artest has came psychologically.

He was on celebrity big brother and it was clear he was a thoughtful, introspective guy that has demons to battle. Everybody liked him. He's not a dominant personality at all, sort of timid, actually. Not too far into the season, he asked the other houseguests to send him home because he wasn't doing well emotionally without his family/support group. I thought of that when in the doc he mentioned he always tries to take the easy way out instead confronting his problems.

I loved the line in the doc when he said something like, "Reggie always tried to tell me what to do and I wasn't ever listening to him. I was just thinking, 'in practice I'm going to bust his ass.'"

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Started The Boys on Amazon with some friends while in Oregon, which led to another couple friends recommending Altered Carbon on Netflix. Loving them both.
Boyz season 2 is outstanding. Altered Carbon was really good but I’ve yet to see the second one

Reactions: vader
This Is Pop is a pretty good docuseries about the history of pop music. The way they segment it is pretty cool, like they have an episode all about how country has overlapped with pop. They have an episode about music festivals. Etc.

Bob Ross doc was good.

Don't buy Bob Ross merch or paintings. You'll find out why I'm saying that (not because of anything BR did).

VN Store

Back