Netflix

Did a binge of Rangnorak - it was cracking me up at times because they sound just like the characters in Norsemen and I just kept thinking about that show.

Overall it was interesting with a little too much teen angst for my tastes. Also, everyone in Norway seems to be pretty calm at all times.
I had seen another reference to Norsemen recently, so I checked out the first episode. Pretty funny stuff.

I guess this isn't news, but I just found out Top Boy is shooting season 2 (technically season 4).

If you liked The Wire, you have to watch the British version. It's so good. Start with Top Boy Summerhouse (2 seasons, 8 total episodes), and then it picks back up 6 years later with Top Boy (1 season, 10 episodes).

I know I am several years behind on this, but I found Norsemen pretty funny. I noticed Lilyhammer had some of the same Norwegian cast and Silvio! I may have to check it out.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Not a new show but Black Spot is a slow burn. Touches of Twin Peaks. I recommend watching in French with subtitles over the terrible English voice over.

The whole Nordic Noir genre has some good stuff

Reactions: FïreBall
Huge…in France. Wife’s choice and she nailed it. Awkward comedy and well done.

Anyone watch Shadow and Bone yet?

Just finished up season 1 of Shadow & Bone. My daughter had watched it previously and recommended it. I thought it was pretty well written and really liked it. Solid plot IMO. Looking forward to season 2.

Reactions: VOLNPA
White Tiger is a pretty captivating movie but it's dark and not really redeeming. You get an interesting look at the caste system in India.

Reactions: bignewt

VN Store

Back