NCAA Tourney Selection Show

Yes. Tennessee played A&M very tough at their place, I think they win at home or on a neutral court this season. Despite my alleged man-crush on Walz, Louisville hasn't impressed me this season.

Maryland would be tough. I just think Baylor is a really tough matchup...
Agreed. Baylor's defense against a team that isn't known for the most efficient offense is not a good combination. Then there's Smith vs. KK/Suarez at the 4. That's a really bad matchup. On the flip side, Egbo could easily have 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes.

If Carrington gets hot from 3 and NaLyssa does her usual thing, it will be tough. I think Davis will still get her points, but not sure about Rae.

Agreed. Baylor's defense against a team that isn't known for the most efficient offense is not a good combination. Then there's Smith vs. KK/Suarez at the 4. That's a really bad matchup. On the flip side, Egbo could easily have 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes.

If Carrington gets hot from 3 and NaLyssa does her usual thing, it will be tough. I think Davis will still get her points, but not sure about Rae.

IDK why anyone would be confident playing against Baylor. They would win by 12-15 if we play them unless they decide to play horribly and we play really well.

Reactions: Darth_Vol

Yeah. I would feel much better about our chances of beating Baylor (assuming we advance) if I knew we'd be getting solid contributions from the double Jordan's and at least one of our posts. Their defense would make it tough on Re and Rae.

I like are first week draw should play in sweet 16 against Baylor. The only reason Baylor will be favored is Tn PG play. Walker is a tough player not afraid to mix it up but she is a turnover waiting to happen against Baylor D. Jordy will have to run the team in that game. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: VolBall09
I like are first week draw should play in sweet 16 against Baylor. The only reason Baylor will be favored is Tn PG play. Walker is a tough player not afraid to mix it up but she is a turnover waiting to happen against Baylor D. Jordy will have to run the team in that game. In CHRIST Alone

She may have some extra motivation as well. Might want to show off for Kim. Have heard that Baylor was the other team who was really after Walker.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
She may have some extra motivation as well. Might want to show off for Kim. Have heard that Baylor was the other team who was really after Walker.
I hope she shows off if she can take care of the ball we can beat anyone. I just don't see it however I have seen way to make Peach turnovers and some Apple. In CHRIST Alone

I think Louisville is by far the worst 2 seed. Who have they played and beaten?
UT as we all know lost to Texas AM, although was really close. I find Maryland to be dangerous, and Baylor is a team I am tired being in our bracket just about every season. Just my opinion but I find UCONN and Baylor as the hardest 1/2 seed, although SC/Maryland is tough as well.
I will say I think UT has it made to get to the Sweet 16. MTSU, then IMO FGC. Will be tough to beat Baylor and UCONN, just to get to the final 4.

I think Louisville is by far the worst 2 seed. Who have they played and beaten?
UT as we all know lost to Texas AM, although was really close. I find Maryland to be dangerous, and Baylor is a team I am tired being in our bracket just about every season. Just my opinion but I find UCONN and Baylor as the hardest 1/2 seed, although SC/Maryland is tough as well.
I will say I think UT has it made to get to the Sweet 16. MTSU, then IMO FGC. Will be tough to beat Baylor and UCONN, just to get to the final 4.

Would agree, still think Baylor is the best matchup for us out of those #2 teams though. The rest are guard heavy and quick. A&M is probably the next team I’d say we matchup with. I don’t like playing SEC foes in the tournament though. Familiarity is tough.

We can play two bigs Against Baylor and A&M a good bit without getting in trouble defensively. Not the case against Louisville or Maryland. They have so many perimeter threats and our bigs have not proven they can get out consistently.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
... and yet some here thought that they should have been considered for the Lady Vols job, especially Caldwell, who has underwhelmed at LSU.

HTH is Nikki still employed at LSU?
No way to sugarcoat it - that’s a massive failure by Nikki. She won’t last long in Starkville if she doesn’t get that team back on track, and quickly.

... and yet some here thought that they should have been considered for the Lady Vols job, especially Caldwell, who has underwhelmed at LSU.

I’ll be honest, I really wanted Nikki instead of Holly. Do think Fargas would have done a better job of the two. Would take Kellie over either though, love coach Harper’s positivity and steadiness.

No way to sugarcoat it - that’s a massive failure by Nikki. She won’t last long in Starkville if she doesn’t get that team back on track, and quickly.

Their fans are going to be making a ruckus. They were having a lot of fun with Vic, you know the Hump isn’t happy about this.

UK could either beat UConn in a shootout a la Arkansas recipe, or lose by 25. Neither would be a surprise, and neither result can be predicted. They are one of the most hot and cold team out there right now.

I have a bracket with them losing to Idaho State. That’s how hot and cold I think they are right now.

Their fans are going to be making a ruckus. They were having a lot of fun with Vic, you know the Hump isn’t happy about this.
Their fans will abandon Nikki in a heartbeat. They were playing in an empty stadium until Vic started making some noise, and they will return to that now that Nikki has torpedoed the program. I don't see the fans coming back unless she turns them into a winning, nationally relevant program, and I don't see top recruits coming over unless they are a winning, nationally relevant program. So she's toast...especially once the transfers started getting announced.

I still find it amazing that she destroyed that program in like a month. This was a preseason top 10 team, and she sunk them almost instantaneously. That is an impressive display of coaching malpractice as I've ever seen.

UK could either beat UConn in a shootout a la Arkansas recipe, or lose by 25. Neither would be a surprise, and neither result can be predicted. They are one of the most hot and cold team out there right now.

AND Iowa puts up some points as well and they have the other beast of the class!

Their fans will abandon Nikki in a heartbeat. They were playing in an empty stadium until Vic started making some noise, and they will return to that now that Nikki has torpedoed the program. I don't see the fans coming back unless she turns them into a winning, nationally relevant program, and I don't see top recruits coming over unless they are a winning, nationally relevant program. So she's toast...especially once the transfers started getting announced.

I still find it amazing that she destroyed that program in like a month. This was a preseason top 10 team, and she sunk them almost instantaneously. That is an impressive display of coaching malpractice as I've ever seen.

Will be shocked if there aren’t more transfers. I do think it’s one of the quicker falls in WBB that I can recall.

VN Store

Back