NCAA Tourney Selection Show

Geno isn't going to be there for the first game. I wonder if any of his players have Covid?

Reactions: BigDave
Geno isn't going to be there for the first game. I wonder if any of his players have Covid?

For Geno, I hope he gets roasted having COVID like I did, in bed for a week - fever, shortness of breath, nauseated, lack of appetite, "johny calls", etc. - the players, not so much. Geno's disrespect for Pat in the rivalry so pissed me off . . . as it did with the vast majority of VolNation!!! Don't ever mess with Pat!!!

GBO - piss on the UConn hussies!!

Ready to find out who we play!

Kinda like the idea of the tournament being all in one spot. Levels the playing field and gets rid of home court advantages. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see it stay like this if it goes well!

Here’s hoping there are no COVID issues for the Lady Vols!!!

I’m hoping we get a 3 seed.

It also would be cool to see Ole Miss get in!

Holding out for Ole Miss as well! I think they’re out but it would be fun. A couple teams have surprised me. Didn’t think Oregon State should have made the field. They played better to finish the season which got them in, but they were only 11-7 and didn’t manage COVID well.

I like Maryland over SC in the E8.

I do too. Too much size and too much resounding. SC won’t be able to get the ball over the Maryland defenders to get in to Boston. She’s going to have to catch at the high post like she did against us and she’s not as effective there. They matchup with her much better as well. They have quickness to go with their length.

Maryland has choked in the post season the last few years though. Freese has them playing well, can they sustain it?

I would have bet 100 bucks before this show that they'd put UT and UConn in the same region. As I said elsewhere, the only person who thinks "the UT-UConn game doesn't really matter anymore" is Geno.

Alabama vs Maryland in Round 2 could be interesting!
I wonder how vulnerable MD is to a big post? They don't have a lot of width/size inside. They'd have to get by with the Bobby/Mimi combo. In their favor is the fact the MD will be at the other end before Copeland crosses the midcourt line.

I think MD will overwhelm them with their scoring. They are like Arkansas on speed.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I wonder how vulnerable MD is to a big post? They don't have a lot of width/size inside. They'd have to get by with the Bobby/Mimi combo. In their favor is the fact the MD will be at the other end before Copeland crosses the midcourt line.

I think MD will overwhelm them with their scoring. They are like Arkansas on speed.

They have a lot of length and pressure on the perimeter. Teams have a hard time making an entry into the post against them. If they can get Boston the ball on the block she will have an advantage. Probable that Mimi Collins guards her, she tends to pick up the most physical opponent for the other team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back