NCAA files response in Tennessee lawsuit, cites state’s laws barring NIL in recruiting

You failed in your interpretation sorry can't help you with that
So you just shoot out ambiguous posts and then refuse to explain them?

Lets circle back to your original post about "only one side does". Care to elaborate?

There will be no union. Not in the athletes best interest. Dartmouth was just granted authority to vote on unionization and only needs 8 votes. Could see that. But they compete in the Ivy League and do not offer athletic scholarships. Much different than Teamster types approaching someone who just landed some sweet NIL money and asking them to vote in the majority to pay union dues for a protracted battle to drag the university into court to share their proceeds. 3-5 year window of paying others to fight for you and what happens if the university refuses and locks the locker room? Strike and risk your commercial opportunities and not practice or develop your skill for the next level. And if you’re a Buckeye and you watch the Nittany Lions (who didn’t vote to unionize) happily claim your spot in the playoffs? How happy are you with your YES vote?

I just listened to the Dave Hooker Sjow and I really hope Caleb Calhoun is wrong. Because he said the state of TN messed up BIG TIME in filing its lawsuit. He said if the state has any brains then they will withdraw and let Virginia handle it. God I hope he is full of crap. Wouldn’t it just be our luck that we get all excited and our state is the one that screws it all up?

I just listened to the Dave Hooker Sjow and I really hope Caleb Calhoun is wrong. Because he said the state of TN messed up BIG TIME in filing its lawsuit. He said if the state has any brains then they will withdraw and let Virginia handle it. God I hope he is full of crap. Wouldn’t it just be our luck that we get all excited and our state is the one that screws it all up?
Caleb Calhoun doesn't have a Juris Doctorate degree, so I'm not sure how qualified he is to make such an assessment. He is just a sport's writer, with a background in journalism.

Some feel the lawsuit is a slam dunk. I don't think so and it could backfire. I think it was just an overreaction to the leak. I would have rather they just responded to that and not got involved with this.

I may have mis-interpreted this all wrong, but basically the NCAA wants to maintain a separation between recruiting and NIL and the challenge will result with those lines blurred - which then implies the schools with the most money will get the talent and that will not be Tennessee or Virigina.

Caleb Calhoun doesn't have a Juris Doctorate degree, so I'm not sure how qualified he is to make such an assessment. He is just a sport's writer, with a background in journalism.

True but I think ultimately the impact of all this is going to be how it is perceived in the public that supports college sports. Lawsuits are lawsuits- but some may eventually be feed up with the greed angle and loss of other sports at the college level and walk away completely. I for one am very close and I have followed the Vols since the 1970's.

Yes, I am much older than a lot of you.

Reactions: C/O
I fully admit that I don’t understand that much about all of this. Maybe listen to it and see if he is just full of it. You may understand it a whole lot better than me.

Some feel the lawsuit is a slam dunk. I don't think so and it could backfire. I think it was just an overreaction to the leak. I would have rather they just responded to that and not got involved with this.

I may have mis-interpreted this all wrong, but basically the NCAA wants to maintain a separation between recruiting and NIL and the challenge will result with those lines blurred - which then implies the schools with the most money will get the talent and that will not be Tennessee or Virigina.

Money isn't an issue at TN, I assure you that!

There are discrimination laws that apply to employees. Those would come into play. And you can bet there will be challenges of discrimination against the universities if women are not accounted for.
The NCAA has faced the trans issue or is facing it and failing.

My feelings on all that are simple. You are what your DNA says you are. If your DNA is confused (XXX, etc) we can talk about what is best medically and go from there. As my wife sometimes says, "Are you having another one of those days where you identify as a billionaire?" My bank consistently disagrees when I try that.

Women are consistently still paid less for the same job in America, including in the WNBA. The soccer team raised a stink about it, but they're still paid less because they bring in less money.

I wouldn't assume players at ETSU could claim they should make what UT players make and I hope there are attorneys in the UT system who can sort that out. I wouldn't assume women's teams at ETSU should get paid like the Lady Vols either.

All this demonstrates is how much of a mess being in the pro sports business will be for schools.

Reactions: volfan102455
It’s very significant, the entire NCAA student-athlete model is going to come crashing down, and soon.
So weird, usually takes years for all of this to happen. Seems like in a few months a lot has unraveled and seems to be moving even faster by the day.

Calhoun is dumb as a box of rocks.

And the state responded (correctly) that the NCAA is misinterpreting that law.
I don't know much about either. I guess caleb calhoun is ignorant on the matter as well, as that's who I heard say the state made a dumb law and should withdraw.

Just read an a to z article. says we have a steep hill to climb because of ireeperable harm, or lack of.

But they says bc Corker saying Plaintiff will win on merits. So no one has a clue.

Just read an a to z article. says we have a steep hill to climb because of ireeperable harm, or lack of.

But they says bc Corker saying Plaintiff will win on merits. So no one has a clue.
We’ll likely not be granted a temporary injunction next week for the same reason we weren’t granted a TRO today.

But TN and Virginia will likely ultimately win their lawsuit, which is requesting a permanent injunction following a trial. Irreparable harm is not relevant to that decision.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
We’ll likely not be granted a temporary injunction next week for the same reason we weren’t granted a TRO today.

But TN and Virginia will likely ultimately win their lawsuit, which is requesting a permanent injunction following a trial. Irreparable harm is not relevant to that decision.
is corker going to preside over the injunction case?

VN Store

Back