'19 NC QB Sam Howell

That is where you are wrong. So all the recruiting sites,elite 11, college coaches, and 99 percent of college football fans are wrong but you watched a couple minutes of tape.

I highly doubt that 99% of CFB fans follow recruiting closely enough to have an opinion either way.

I don't really have a dog in this fight since I'm not super high on Legendre (and though I wanted Howell, I don't think he's as good as the #3 PP in previous classes necessarily). But recruiting services get rankings wrong all the time. I doubt Hunter Johnson ends up being the best QB in that 2017 class. Lamar Jackson was ranked behind tons of guys he outshined. A lot of services projected Dak Prescott to be a FB in college.

No reason to get upset because one guy thinks Legendre might be much better than his ranking.

Reactions: 2 people
I highly doubt that 99% of CFB fans follow recruiting closely enough to have an opinion either way.

I don't really have a dog in this fight since I'm not super high on Legendre (and though I wanted Howell, I don't think he's as good as the #3 PP in previous classes necessarily). But recruiting services get rankings wrong all the time. I doubt Hunter Johnson ends up being the best QB in that 2017 class. Lamar Jackson was ranked behind tons of guys he outshined. A lot of services projected Dak Prescott to be a FB in college.

No reason to get upset because one guy thinks Legendre might be much better than his ranking.

He is claiming it as fact

Baker Mayfield was a walk on. Lamar Jackson was a 3 star. Offer list is important 90% of the time. In the case of Legendre coaches are missing out

And honestly dont feel like lamar is an elite qb. Serviceable but not elite. He is a running back that can make due with his arm but is too small to be a consistently ran back.

And honestly dont feel like lamar is an elite qb. Serviceable but not elite. He is a running back that can make due with his arm but is too small to be a consistently ran back.

He's the textbook definition of a guy who found the perfect coach and scheme to make him a great CFB QB, but easily could have had middling success at another program.

Have you watched Lamar Jackson? Because it seems like you haven’t at all. The dude can for sure pass. He’s not elite and I’m not sure how good he will be in the NFL (needs to be able to sit a year or two with a good coach), but he threw for nearly 7,000 yards in two seasons. Plenty of great throws in that time frame as well

Have you watched Lamar Jackson? Because it seems like you haven’t at all. The dude can for sure pass. He’s not elite and I’m not sure how good he will be in the NFL (needs to be able to sit a year or two with a good coach), but he threw for nearly 7,000 yards in two seasons. Plenty of great throws in that time frame as well

Tebow threw for lots of yards in college too.

Reactions: 1 person

Obviously i have or i wouldnt know how he plays! Josh dobbs could have had the same numbers there. The system fit him there but it very rarely translates to the nfl. Mcnabb, mcnair and one of my all time favorite qbs vick are some exceptions. And mcnair i would say was really more of a pp than dual threat but he had the ability to run when needed. There are tons of dt qbs that could put up those numbers under petrino. Its a great system for them. If he is so great, why is he not a top 3 qb on the board for the nfl draft???

FWIW, we need college athletes. Not NFL guys. I'd take a Tebow on the Vol squad all day, everyday

I agree. I was just pointing out that (with the right marriage of scheme and player) guys who aren’t good passers and don’t project to be NFL QBs can have great CFB careers.

"Sam Howell, 6-1, 225, Sun Valley (N.C.)- Howell has one of the strongest arms in country, the ball really jumps out of his hand. Threw an accurate ball as well and should have a big week. Committed to Florida State"

"Sam Howell, 6-1, 225, Sun Valley (N.C.)- Howell has one of the strongest arms in country, the ball really jumps out of his hand. Threw an accurate ball as well and should have a big week. Committed to Florida State"

No matter who the HC is I feel like every coach will make a move on QBs the stargazers may not like, and all of them know more than we do. With that being said I wonder what JP didn’t like about this kid that made him not press as hard for this kid

No matter who the HC is I feel like every coach will make a move on QBs the stargazers may not like, and all of them know more than we do. With that being said I wonder what JP didn’t like about this kid that made him not press as hard for this kid

Every time I see “strongest arm in the class” I just shake my head a bit. Confusing as to why we didn’t pursue him

Every time I see “strongest arm in the class” I just shake my head a bit. Confusing as to why we didn’t pursue him

Maybe they weren’t confident on where that ball landed after it left that “strongest arm”. :dunno:

Reactions: 5 people

Having a “strong arm” is useless if you can’t get the ball to your WRs.

Yep. Perhaps a mistake by Pruitt - he isn’t perfect. But sounds like we got a good one in Mauer too.

VN Store

Back