‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

I think if you are making a decision between the 3 and you don’t pick Tennessee, then yes you have not made the best decision for your future. That’s accurate. Obviously if you are trying to get to the League, I think Tennessee gets you there or at least better prepared for it better than North Carolina and Maryland. You disagree?? If so, I’d love to hear that your thoughts.

That’s not accurate, that’s just your opinion.

My only opinion on the matter is maybe the kid just likes those places more. Doesn’t make him an idiot. Makes him someone with a different opinion.

Reactions: berryvol
That’s not accurate, that’s just your opinion.

My only opinion on the matter is maybe the kid just likes those places more. Doesn’t make him an idiot. Makes him someone with a different opinion.

Do tell how those two schools are the better option for the kid’s future if his goal is the NFL. This ought to be good.

Do tell how those two schools are the better option for the kid’s future if his goal is the NFL. This ought to be good.

Just as you have an opinion, this kid has an opinion. It doesn’t matter what you *think* is fact, it only matters what he thinks.

He clearly thinks he’s a better fit at another school. Doesn’t make him an idiot.

unc it is

200.gif

If we did need to a few more schools which would you recommend based on combined revenue generating and competitive basis.
I get that UNC is the next most coveted brand for the SEC or B1G to add outside of Notre Dame. It expands the footprint and adds basketball and academic prestige (kind of). If I’m Sankey of course I would try to get them. Their fans occasionally think they’re football fans and they all come out of the woodwork every time they think they’ll be good (see last year)…and then they suck. I don’t want them because North Carolina has been a place where we and other SEC schools have gone to get guys that want play SEC football . I don’t want that to change. If we have to add I would be happy adding the Virginia schools to expand the footprint. Clemson and UNC would be the greatest financial gain.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I get that UNC is the next most coveted brand for the SEC or B1G to add outside of Notre Dame. It expands the footprint and adds basketball and academic prestige (kind of). If I’m Sankey of course I would try to get them. Their fans occasionally think they’re football fans and they all come out of the woodwork every time they think they’ll be good (see last year)…and then they suck. I don’t want them because North Carolina has been a place where we and other SEC schools have gone to get guys that want play SEC football . I don’t want that to change. If we have to add I would be happy adding the Virginia schools to expand the footprint. Clemson and UNC would be the greatest financial gain.
Academic prestige... lol

Yah. 'Dem Footbaw players made really good grades in 'dem fake classes.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

Not sure how to factor the financial gain for adding Clemson with SC already in the conference. Same for FSU with FL in the fold. Don't know where to turn to get those answers. Don't want to add Duke or UM or any private school. Just me.... would not be unhappy if we traded Vandy for FSU maybe. Same for UNC, not sure how the networks value their market, but always kind of wanted to add UNC and VT to round out the map of the southeast. They are the most balanced schools in each state. UNC KY rivalry would be fun. Never a fan of VA.... don't know why, it is a pretty place with good BB.

Hell with it I’ll say it:

What an absolute DA.

Don’t care what you’re reasoning is you don’t choose UNC over Tennessee.

Reactions: igotworms
Not sure how to factor the financial gain for adding Clemson with SC already in the conference. Same for FSU with FL in the fold. Don't know where to turn to get those answers. Don't want to add Duke or UM or any private school. Just me.... would not be unhappy if we traded Vandy for FSU maybe. Same for UNC, not sure how the networks value their market, but always kind of wanted to add UNC and VT to round out the map of the southeast. They are the most balanced schools in each state. UNC KY rivalry would be fun. Never a fan of VA.... don't know why, it is a pretty place with good BB.
It’s not that I don’t understand how expanding the footprint works, I just don’t want to give up the advantage we have over certain schools. I’m also wondering if brand value goes beyond certain market eyeballs . Does anyone actually GAF about Rutgers in NYC? Probably not. Would Clemson vs Bama or Oklahoma draw a bigger # than UNC or UVA vs Bama or OU? I’m guessing yeah . Same goes for FSU.

There’s more to getting a kid to the NFL than just coaching pedigree. You have to go where you will feel most comfortable and where you mesh the best with the staff. RG does not put every single player in the NFL, just like UNC’s coaches don’t not put every player in the NFL. Your argument is idiotic, not Rico’s decision.

There’s more to getting a kid to the NFL than just coaching pedigree. You have to go where you will feel most comfortable and where you mesh the best with the staff. RG does not put every single player in the NFL, just like UNC’s coaches don’t not put every player in the NFL. Your argument is idiotic, not Rico’s decision.
Mack is a great recruiter in his own right too, people seem to forget that. UNC is also a top 10 public uni. Possible academics played a part. Idk just a guess.

It's 1 player, on to the next one!

He puts more in the league than about anyone else and has been doing it for a while.

VN Store

Back