‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

They are mostly about the basketball. I just can't see them going without Duke.
They are a basketball school. Even though Duke and UNC are huge rivals they benefit from each other. They make the other one better. I could see the BIG10 making a run for both of them. However, there would be some State legislation legal hoops (no pun intended) to jump through to separate UNC and NC State. They may have to legally be a packaged deal.

So is Maryland really trending here as the new team to beat or is this just smoke? Hard to believe we would finish 3rd for this guy if he is picking between UT, NC, and Maryland! Smdh

So is Maryland really trending here as the new team to beat or is this just smoke? Hard to believe we would finish 3rd for this guy if he is picking between UT, NC, and Maryland! Smdh
Who cares if you are 2nd or didn't make the top 10. If you ain't first youre last in recruiting.

Maryland is becoming a revolving door for underperforming high ranked recruits.
Look at the HC. Mr. 15-49 Mike Locksley.

Last year was his first season (7 total) that he even won more than 3 games.

Just awful. Idk how he keeps getting hired.

Just makes me scratch my head and wonder if the kid is an idiot or if there’s something more here. No disrespect to UNC’s Dline coach but Garner has developed ten first round picks, Tennessee has better facilities, NIL opportunities, and basically every advantage possible over UNC. Maryland is laughable. I can understand picking a team like Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, etc over Tennessee but you’re going to choose UNC or Maryland over an SEC school with one of if not the best Dline coaches in the country? Just a DA decision.

Just makes me scratch my head and wonder if the kid is an idiot or if there’s something more here. No disrespect to UNC’s Dline coach but Garner has developed ten first round picks, Tennessee has better facilities, NIL opportunities, and basically every advantage possible over UNC. Maryland is laughable. I can understand picking a team like Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, etc over Tennessee but you’re going to choose UNC or Maryland over an SEC school with one of if not the best Dline coaches in the country? Just a DA decision.
Well, if you ask Kentucky fans on their board, Garner hasn't been a good coach for 20+ years and is just living off his reputation from 25 years ago....someone literally said that on their board.

Well, if you ask Kentucky fans on their board, Garner hasn't been a good coach for 20+ years and is just living off his reputation from 25 years ago....someone literally said that on their board.
Well they’re Kentucky fans. I mean Derrick Brown barely got drafted right? 😂 Garner likely has more first round picks in his career from Dline as Kentucky has total during that same time period. Hell he has 2 1st rounders in the time Stoops has been at Kentucky; the whole Kentucky team had 3 during the same time period.

An idiot bc he likes a different college than you.

Brilliant.

hqdefault.jpg

An idiot bc he likes a different college than you.

Brilliant.
I think he went on to tell why he felt this way pretty successfully in the post. It had nothing to do with being a Tennessee fan. I think it’s a fair argument. Maybe the kid just doesn’t want to play in the SEC or was guaranteed early playing time elsewhere but we easily seem to be the best of the final three he is picking from.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991

Does anyone have any idea if he had any school colors hanging on his wall growing up? I had hopes that if we really went all in we could pull this one out since it really a wash from Hickory to UT and Hickory to UNC and one is a FB school and the other a BB school. Both are I40 all the way to both schools and distance is not that much different. Thought maybe Rick Barnes could help with contacts from his hometown. But I have no idea what friends and local pr essures have been. Not a miss, just not a pickup. Next up I guess. Like always I will wish him a healthy but unfulfilling career and that he graduates with honors at his school of choice if it is not UT.

I think he went on to tell why he felt this way pretty successfully in the post. It had nothing to do with being a Tennessee fan. I think it’s a fair argument. Maybe the kid just doesn’t want to play in the SEC or was guaranteed early playing time elsewhere but we easily seem to be the best of the final three he is picking from.

You think it’s a fair argument that the kid might be an idiot bc he’s picking another school?

You think it’s a fair argument that the kid might be an idiot bc he’s picking another school?
I think if you are making a decision between the 3 and you don’t pick Tennessee, then yes you have not made the best decision for your future. That’s accurate. Obviously if you are trying to get to the League, I think Tennessee gets you there or at least better prepared for it better than North Carolina and Maryland. You disagree?? If so, I’d love to hear that your thoughts.

VN Store

Back