‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

Theres always a shot.

We have legit recruiters.

But honestly im happy with our haul. I think we need one more backer, two CB, two DL, and WR a tackle and call it.
It's a joke. Nutkick Mondays. Mauigoa announced on a Monday. Simmons announced on a Monday. Walker isn't even close as to being as big as those two, but his announcement is on a Monday. Besides, he's been a UNC lean for a while.

Money talks. USC had no problems leaving and UNC won’t either. I don’t want any more expansion but the people in charge have other plans.
I think their GORs is a real problem and barrier for exit. Those ACC teams may be stuck till later this decade when the money they’d have to pay to leave gets more manageable.

I think their GORs is a real problem and barrier for exit. Those ACC teams may be stuck till later this decade when the money they’d have to pay to leave gets more manageable.

UNC will not do this alone. ACC teams will act as a unit when they see that they are going to be left out of national advantages.

UNC will not do this alone. ACC teams will act as a unit when they see that they are going to be left out of national advantages.
I think itll be an all or nothing deal. No way any other conferences could measure up to SEC, let alone a complete merger. Which would make total sense

I know that's an over-the-top headline, but this video gives an update on the recruitment of Rico Walker. It runs from the 4:08 to the 6:12 mark. It looks like he will be committing to North Carolina at 4 pm today.

It would be terrible for Tennessee if a North Carolina school joined the sec.
no it wouldnt. we have a massive alumni base in N and SC.

Ive lived there. Parents met in Winston, spent my summers there as a kid.

They care only about basketball. Those TV markets would carry an already potent brand to the masses.

Reactions: igotworms
no it wouldnt. we have a massive alumni base in N and SC.

Ive lived there. Parents met in Winston, spent my summers there as a kid.

They care only about basketball. Those TV markets would carry an already potent brand to the masses.
My parents met in Winston. Mom was from Winston and dad was from Mayberry basically.. Used to visit my cousins every summer. Small world....

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Nothing is impossible but UNC's history in the ACC is just as important to them as UT's is in the SEC.

Maybe. Could they look at the transition of the Southwest conference into the Big12 and it's impact on TAM, TX and OK and the stability and the money involved? Also maybe. Lots of more significant history than the ACC, especially in the bell cow Football programs. Does BB trump that, for the third time maybe. Bet they can always schedule BB games even if not in the same conference. Are there enough epic battles with Duke and NSST to give them cause to pause? My last maybe.

Maybe. Could they look at the transition of the Southwest conference into the Big12 and it's impact on TAM, TX and OK and the stability and the money involved? Also maybe. Lots of more significant history than the ACC, especially in the bell cow Football programs. Does BB trump that, for the third time maybe. Bet they can always schedule BB games even if not in the same conference. Are there enough epic battles with Duke and NSST to give them cause to pause? My last maybe.
Yes. There are a LOT of people in traditional ACC country where it means a lot. Basketball has long been king in the ACC. Dismissing it doesn't make it unimportant.

VN Store

Back