Nat’l Championship Thread

So, just wondering, were you wrong on your first post when you said she played again (Post 310) or wrong on this one where you say, “…did not return to the game…”.?
Or do you even know which happened or do you care (or recognize) inaccuracies?

I usually don’t bother with trolls but thought, since you insulted @LVsinceJV, I would corroborate his post as an intelligent question/comment, as opposed to yours which are messes of inaccuracies.

So you are WRONG as well as a rude uconn troll (redundant).

Respond all you want, this is all I have to say. You are wrong as well as rude, the only question is whether it is intentional or not.

Sorry VN, this thing was so irritating I let it get to me. I won’t keep this going. As they say, don’t fight with pigs, you both get muddy and the pig enjoys it.

Like I said, you're special. I answered the question that was asked. Did Ducharme throw up? I NEVER said she re-entered the game. The original conversation was about FUDD being sick, and continued to an inquiry about Ducharme. Try to keep up. The member that asked this question understood my reply and thanked me for my response. Time to give it up, as it seems you missed something in the conversation. I could respond more colorfully about your "pig" antidote, but I won't stoop to your level of rude.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-144127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-144127_Chrome.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 24
I did not ever say that. Show me. And guests are welcome. What's your point?
So in response to Sisaq noting that Lobo was once again Fawning over PB you said why not, she was the second leading scorer behind Henderson.
Well, first off if a snail crawled out on the floor in a UConn jersey Lobo would wax on and on about what a great player the snail is. Lobo is a horrible homer. So jumping in with Lobo is a bit of an eye roller. Now, your comment is technically correct but come on her play was not the second best or impactful performance of the night. She had roughly half the points that Henderson had. Boston had 11 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists
PB 14 puts, 6 rebounds, 2 assists so somehow lauding her performance in comparison to Henderson’s is a bit disingenuous when you dig deeper.
Finally, guests are welcome in this Lady Vol fan forum but YOU accused me of not reading the thread before commenting and YOU decided caps were appropriate which is like coming into someone’s home and YELLING at them! So yeah, a bit rude.

Evina Westbrook’s unfinished business: leading the UConn women’s basketball team to a national championship

Evina Westbrook’s unfinished business: leading the UConn women’s basketball team to a national championship

oh-no-anyway.gif

Destiny Henderson is one tough woman....Hell of a player.
640px-Destanni_Henderson_%28cropped%29.jpg

I saw nothing that would make me change my mind about the All American status of Paige....She is also one hell of a fine player...
EyD5iQaWUAU5cJg.jpg
Henderson saved her best for the Final Four.

Paige is a great player, but I think that NPOY next year is Boston's to lose.

Read it all. Just calling you out for trying to say PB’s play was in any way comparable to Henry. YOU should remember you are a guest here.

Henny punked Beucker in the title game, simple as that.

Reactions: Rooster1
I agree with you but Dawn should have gotten ahead of this if she knew that was how timing would work. This is absolutely cat nip for some. You know how this will be played on certain news outlets.

The problem is a lot of teams during the tournament were not on the floor during the National anthem. Neither Creighton or SC was on the floor when they played. This is not a requirement for teams to be on floor.

Reactions: glv98
Bueckers was kept in check but she did have a sequence where she hit three buckets in a row where she was just smothered defensively. That one sequence that ended with a spin turn around jumper was beautiful. Too bad for her she couldn't do that for 40 minutes while also chasing Henny all over the court.

Henny did a better job defensively on her than Beal did last year, and that's giving up 4 inches in height to Paige. And that's no disrespect to Beal. Henny was totally locked in.
She got like 6 points straight when Henny was on the bench. Hall was guarding her. Henny held her to 1-5 fg.

When I first started following the Lady Vols and women's basketball in general in the mid 1990s, you could almost guarantee that SC was going to be at the bottom of the SEC, year in and year out. Now look at them. Kentucky was in a similar situation back then too. Now they are SEC Champs. I thought last night how this is what Pat built. More than the Lady Vols, she created the atmosphere for a team like SC to become National Champs. Then I also thought how she must be giggling watching Geno lose to them!

Kentucky is the SEC tournament Champs and the automatic bid getter. The SEC unlike the ACC recognize the regular season champions as the true champions. We had this discussion on another board so pull it up if you don't believe me.

She got like 6 points straight when Henny was on the bench. Hall was guarding her. Henny held her to 1-5 fg.
While that is true, they were still ridiculously contested shots. Two of them with Cardoso fully extended over her, and one with three defenders converging off a spin move. Everyone who defended her really made her work.

I wish they’d do the arena for the women’s FF like they do the men’s. It looks so neat on television!

I wish they’d do the arena for the women’s FF like they do the men’s. It looks so neat on television!
I'm so inattentive I don't remember what the women's floor looked like. Is it the mid court logo?

This game reminds me of the women's final with the FT discrepancy and the rebounding dominance, but the opposite result.

I'm so inattentive I don't remember what the women's floor looked like. Is it the mid court logo?

This game reminds me of the women's final with the FT discrepancy and the rebounding dominance, but the opposite result.
It’s the arrangement of the seats I was referring to. I love how close the seats are to the floor.

Reactions: Amb3096
So in response to Sisaq noting that Lobo was once again Fawning over PB you said why not, she was the second leading scorer behind Henderson.
Well, first off if a snail crawled out on the floor in a UConn jersey Lobo would wax on and on about what a great player the snail is. Lobo is a horrible homer. So jumping in with Lobo is a bit of an eye roller. Now, your comment is technically correct but come on her play was not the second best or impactful performance of the night. She had roughly half the points that Henderson had. Boston had 11 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists
PB 14 puts, 6 rebounds, 2 assists so somehow lauding her performance in comparison to Henderson’s is a bit disingenuous when you dig deeper.
Finally, guests are welcome in this Lady Vol fan forum but YOU accused me of not reading the thread before commenting and YOU decided caps were appropriate which is like coming into someone’s home and YELLING at them! So yeah, a bit rude.

I've listened to Lobo a lot. She's not a homer. You just think she's one because she played for UConn.

I've listened to Lobo a lot. She's not a homer. You just think she's one because she played for UConn.

She's not flamboyant in it but she's definitely biased toward UConn and it's become more obvious through the years. When she first started in broadcasting it didn't seem like she was biased toward them at all, although I don't think she went completely out of her way to seem unbiased like Kara Lawson did.

She's not flamboyant in it but she's definitely biased toward UConn and it's become more obvious through the years. When she first started in broadcasting it didn't seem like she was biased toward them at all, although I don't think she went completely out of her way to seem unbiased like Kara Lawson did.

Lobo, for obvious reasons has Uconn affinities. I think she tries to keep them in check but they do come out. But in comparison to Doris Burke, who used to call these games, Lobo is a paragon of impartiality.

Last edited:

During the last weeks of the regular season, Lobo lobbied on ESPN's shows for UConn to get placed in Bridgeport. She said, paraphrasing, that "UConn deserved to be in Bridgeport." And spent time explaining why they ought to get to go to Bridgeport. If that's not homer talk for a supposedly national sports broadcast, I don't know what would be.

Gino did not look very happy as SC beat him by 15 points...wish it had been more. The ex-turncoat from Tennessee got her reward with UConn losing...serves here right too. I am not a SC fan either except anyone who can beat Gino.

Wish is 35

During the last weeks of the regular season, Lobo lobbied on ESPN's shows for UConn to get placed in Bridgeport. She said, paraphrasing, that "UConn deserved to be in Bridgeport." And spent time explaining why they ought to get to go to Bridgeport. If that's not homer talk for a supposedly national sports broadcast, I don't know what would be.

I agree with this.

For the most part Lobo has never bothered me, and I think she does a pretty good job. But the campaigning for CT to stay in Bridgeport this particular season went too far for me.

I typically don't mind a teeny bit of homerism by former players, to be honest. A teeny TINY bit, though.

VN Store

Back