Nat’l Championship Thread

But Stanford lost! Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Stanford will be tough next year. They practically return almost all their starters, majority at least, and have that big 6 foot 7 post player.

I love the Lady Vols but that hair goddess running up and down the court and playing tough basketball for Stanford makes them a fun watch.

Reactions: kdcg6642
I think Notre Dame will be in the mix, too, especially if Maya Dodson gets another year of eligibility. Iowa or Iowa St comes to mind as well.

I still can't grasp it, how the $#@& can anyone recruit to Iowa State?

There is something about South Carolina that makes me feel like there is a little bit of lack of class in the program.

Staley wearing a Mars Blackmon type outfit. Looks unprofessional.

I like it. On a big stage she's showing who she is, big personality and winning. They did a segment on her outfits before the game on the SECN which means it was another chance to connect to recruits. She didn't need to conform to win, she chose to be true to her and has now two titles to show. Just like everything else over time things evolve from gameday attire to color of your hair.

Gino did not look very happy as SC beat him by 15 points...wish it had been more. The ex-turncoat from Tennessee got her reward with UConn losing...serves here right too. I am not a SC fan either except anyone who can beat Gino.

Eeeked? Face it, SC is a much more athletic team. Speed and length. Geno has not built a team that can win against that.

THIS all day. UCONN looked like a bunch of sticks running around on the court. USCjr were big and solid, no wonder the rebounding disparity was what it was. To paraphrase Bum Phillips the old Houston Oilers football coach, "An athletic fast solid big woman will beat a athletic fast smaller thin woman every time."

It's habit forming with you.

Like you know my posting habits. As a matter of fact, I think her whole story was a copout. I was trying to let it go but you come back like this is your fan board. You probably want to stay in your lane rookie. What's habit forming is Staley' team has a habit of staying in the locker room. Why do you think some South Carolina fans were mad? They've seen it numerous times before. Staley got called out for it after the Louisville team showed some class that her team didn't so she came up with the pregame story and the anthem was played earlier than expected. It didn't stop Louisville.

Yes, I do remember that now. Thanks.
They played a kid after she received a head injury bad enough to make her throw up? Isn’t there a concussion protocol?

Edit: @LVsinceJV, I bolded the part relevant to your question and the rude response to it.
(Don’t know about you, but I know where I wasn’t - wasn’t watching uconn.)

“…I just had a memory. Didn't CONNECTICUT have a player -- Ducharme, maybe? -- hurl in a bucket during a game this year, too? That same day Auriemma was out sick.”

The reply to this post, Post #310
Yes, she did, after she sustained a head injury. Had nothing to do with being "sick"

Last edited:
Or 1-4 free throws vs 17-26. UConn actually won the scoring game percentage war, even at the 3 point line. Hard to beat the refs.
Here is a lesson for you on the free throw margins. SC had 21 offensive boards to Uconn's 6. Normally that would lead to about 15 extra shots for SC (turnovers were a push), but most of those Off boards by SC were followed by a foul from Uconn, resulting in FT's and hence SC only took 6 more shots than Uconn in spite of the discrepancy on the glass. Uconn's inability to compete on the boards led to most of their fouls in the first 3 quarters. Was the same thing in their first meeting this year, SC out rebounded 44-25.

In the final quarter, Uconn was forced to foul to try and stop/slow the clock and this of course led to more FT's for SC. SC was shooting penalty FT's early in both halves, mostly due to the slower and less athletic Uconn players having to foul to try and defend quicker players.

Boston had 16 rebounds, Uconn had 24 total last night….

I did get a good chuckle from the Muhl flop.....she grew up watching Euro soccer so she learned at an early age. It was indicative of her literally having nothing in her arsenal defensively against Henderson and so she flopped into open space. Was good for a grin.

Last edited:
She also put a couple of dings in the East coast pr machine promoting Beuckers.
Bueckers was kept in check but she did have a sequence where she hit three buckets in a row where she was just smothered defensively. That one sequence that ended with a spin turn around jumper was beautiful. Too bad for her she couldn't do that for 40 minutes while also chasing Henny all over the court.

Henny did a better job defensively on her than Beal did last year, and that's giving up 4 inches in height to Paige. And that's no disrespect to Beal. Henny was totally locked in.

Okay, now even you have got to admit Henderson’s performance was far superior to a pedestrian output by PB.
I have praised Hendersons (and SC's) game multiple times.. pay attention. I don't talk **** about other players..not how I roll. YOU should probably read the thread before you type.

Have you heard any scuttlebutt out of South Bend on this trend, Luna? I'm shocked Ivey is losing these players.

P.S. Just watched highlights from tonight's game, and Muhl's flop with about 30 seconds left in the third quarter was hilarious. Henny was two feet away from her but Muhl flew back like she'd been punched in the chest by Muhammed Ali. I laughed and laughed. Good stuff.
One of the Dad's posted "It's not about playing time". No further comment. I will check it out. But I haven't been in the mood since SC went and snatched that Natty away.

Reactions: JustaChicken
UCONN doesn't have any black players? When did black become a proper noun? When did I say I like or dislike any of the players? I'm saying players become a reflexion of their coach on any team.
When referring to Black people, it’s Black, not black. It’s a commonly used practice in academia. UConn is not a predominantly Black program so there’s a difference. You’re being purposely obtuse.

Uconn is a bag of excuses. All season I heard if they're healthy they win 🏆 now a excise is a player is sick ya ya ya sick of loosin
Oh..."if Horston, Rae, Green...we're healthy" we'd..
Beat Stanford
Beat UConn
Win the season
be SEC champs...Champs..., blah..blah..seems like a bunch of excuses by a fan that wishes their team got to the final.
I'm not making excuses. Just stating why she didn't play. If you've read my posts, I HAVE said that even if she was well, I believe SC would've won.

I knew it was over when Henderson hit a three early in 1Q. Congratulations to the SC guard who not only came to play, but also made a statement. Uconn had no answer for her.

Nah, I watched the game. The lesser talented team almost always resorts to fouls.
Not too much this game. Perhaps Ducharme and Nika were over aggressive. To me the reason for the foul discrepancy was the aggressiveness of the SC players getting to the ball first and UConn getting there too late. SC went after every 50/50 ball with a vengeance.

Uconn is a bag of excuses. All season I heard if they're healthy they win 🏆 now a excise is a player is sick ya ya ya sick of loosin

Not from me. The game was played the better team won. end of story. Could Azzi have looked better if she were healthier, yeah. Would Dorka have provided some good minutes, yeah. Would UConn have won, no. See ya next year. I'm still proud of my girls and all they accomplished and there is no shame in getting beat by a better team.

Maybe note re: Maya Dodson.

i
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The transfer portal has already hit the Irish's depth hard with departures of Sam Brunelle, Anaya Peoples and Abby Prohaska -- but the possibility of all five starters returning makes Notre Dame a top-10 team. Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron might be the best freshman tandem in the country, and a year ago Maddy Westbeld was the ACC Rookie of the Year. Dara Mabrey has already decided to return as a super senior, and Maya Dodson has petitioned the NCAA to do the same.

Dodson is applying for a 6th year which is a bit sketchy. I think she was injured during the covid year and is seeking a double exemption

They played a kid after she received a head injury bad enough to make her throw up? Isn’t there a concussion protocol?

Edit: @LVsinceJV, I bolded the part relevant to your question and the rude response to it.
(Don’t know about you, but I know where I wasn’t - wasn’t watching uconn.)

“…I just had a memory. Didn't CONNECTICUT have a player -- Ducharme, maybe? -- hurl in a bucket during a game this year, too? That same day Auriemma was out sick.”

The reply to this post, Post #310
Yes, she did, after she sustained a head injury. Had nothing to do with being "sick"

Damn, you guys are special. She banged heads with another player. Came out of the game to the bench with trainers. Threw up in a bin, left with trainers, did not return to the game, or the next 4 for that matter. She went through extensive medical testing and was determined never to have a concussion. And as an FYI, GA was at that game.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back