Nat’l Championship Thread

Gino did not look very happy as SC beat him by 15 points...wish it had been more. The ex-turncoat from Tennessee got her reward with UConn losing...serves here right too. I am not a SC fan either except anyone who can beat Gino.
Why would he be? GENO, that is. I can tell you watch a lot of wbb.

They played a kid after she received a head injury bad enough to make her throw up? Isn’t there a concussion protocol?

Edit: @LVsinceJV, I bolded the part relevant to your question and the rude response to it.
(Don’t know about you, but I know where I wasn’t - wasn’t watching uconn.)

“…I just had a memory. Didn't CONNECTICUT have a player -- Ducharme, maybe? -- hurl in a bucket during a game this year, too? That same day Auriemma was out sick.”

The reply to this post, Post #310
Yes, she did, after she sustained a head injury. Had nothing to do with being "sick"
That was Katie Lou Samuelson against Maryland

Congratulations to "both teams" for their excellent seasons...The championship game was excellent theater...Though only one team can be the ultimate winner, they both did themselves, their individual universities, and most of all, the game of women's college basketball, very proud.

Thank You!!!!
congratulations-images-for-whatsapp-9to5-car-wallpapers_6.gif

When referring to Black people, it’s Black, not black. It’s a commonly used practice in academia. UConn is not a predominantly Black program so there’s a difference. You’re being purposely obtuse.

The highlighted is your problem.

Further, I don't care what their race or color is nor should it matter. Don't bring it into the equation. Most kids are being peddled bad info. Coaches lead or fail to lead kids the proper way. Also, I don't care what school.

An example, when Bruce Pearl was at UT at least one player was suspended or kicked off the team every single year he was coach. He nurtured this pervasive attitude within the program.

Since, Rick Barnes has been coach we haven't had a single known issue within the program. Why? Because he nurtures this pervasive attitude inside the program.

There are certain expectations each coach brings to different elements on and off the court. Thus, players and the team become somewhat shadows of the person that leads them. That leader has a responsibility. We can agree to disagree what that responsibility looks like and the type of qualities that make up a good leader.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Damn, you guys are special. She banged heads with another player. Came out of the game to the bench with trainers. Threw up in a bin, left with trainers, did not return to the game, or the next 4 for that matter. And as an FYI, GA was at that game.

So, just wondering, were you wrong on your first post when you said she played again (Post 310) or wrong on this one where you say, “…did not return to the game…”.?
Or do you even know which happened or do you care (or recognize) inaccuracies?

I usually don’t bother with trolls but thought, since you insulted @LVsinceJV, I would corroborate his post as an intelligent question/comment, as opposed to yours which are messes of inaccuracies.

So you are WRONG as well as a rude uconn troll (redundant).

Respond all you want, this is all I have to say. You are wrong as well as rude, the only question is whether it is intentional or not.

Sorry VN, this thing was so irritating I let it get to me. I won’t keep this going. As they say, don’t fight with pigs, you both get muddy and the pig enjoys it.

Oh..."if Horston, Rae, Green...we're healthy" we'd..
Beat Stanford
Beat UConn
Win the season
be SEC champs...Champs..., blah..blah..seems like a bunch of excuses by a fan that wishes their team got to the final.
I'm not making excuses. Just stating why she didn't play. If you've read my posts, I HAVE said that even if she was well, I believe SC would've won.
Many here only want it one way but don’t realize injuries, sickness etc go against everyone.

Reactions: Raebo and 1reVOLver
When I first started following the Lady Vols and women's basketball in general in the mid 1990s, you could almost guarantee that SC was going to be at the bottom of the SEC, year in and year out. Now look at them. Kentucky was in a similar situation back then too. Now they are SEC Champs. I thought last night how this is what Pat built. More than the Lady Vols, she created the atmosphere for a team like SC to become National Champs. Then I also thought how she must be giggling watching Geno lose to them!

They played a kid after she received a head injury bad enough to make her throw up? Isn’t there a concussion protocol?

Edit: @LVsinceJV, I bolded the part relevant to your question and the rude response to it.
(Don’t know about you, but I know where I wasn’t - wasn’t watching uconn.)

“…I just had a memory. Didn't CONNECTICUT have a player -- Ducharme, maybe? -- hurl in a bucket during a game this year, too? That same day Auriemma was out sick.”

The reply to this post, Post #310
Yes, she did, after she sustained a head injury. Had nothing to do with being "sick"
Lol thank you! UConn trolls say ambiguous things and then get rude about it, sheesh! And no I don't follow Azzi Fudd minutiae.

Wasn't one of the main reasons Aja got a statue because she is actually from South Carolina, and having turned down far more prominent programs (at that time) to stay home and help her state school get a championship? Boston has been amazing, but in all fairness to Wilson, Aliyah came AFTER South Carolina was an established "cool destination," unlike Aja.[/QUOTE
Good point

I knew it was over when Henderson hit a three early in 1Q. Congratulations to the SC guard who not only came to play, but also made a statement. Uconn had no answer for her.
yes. What a game she had indeed. SHE should have been the MVP.

Reactions: GameTime
So glad UConn lost!!! Love Boston even more after seeing her fan-girling over Parker. I guess defense and rebounding still wins championships. Guess I’m old school, the SC ladies solid fundamental defense was a thing of beauty to me.
I say it's great recruiting to play defense and rebound

Like you know my posting habits. As a matter of fact, I think her whole story was a copout. I was trying to let it go but you come back like this is your fan board. You probably want to stay in your lane rookie. What's habit forming is Staley' team has a habit of staying in the locker room. Why do you think some South Carolina fans were mad? They've seen it numerous times before. Staley got called out for it after the Louisville team showed some class that her team didn't so she came up with the pregame story and the anthem was played earlier than expected. It didn't stop Louisville.
You got caught.

I have praised Hendersons (and SC's) game multiple times.. pay attention. I don't talk **** about other players..not how I roll. YOU should probably read the thread before you type.
Read it all. Just calling you out for trying to say PB’s play was in any way comparable to Henry. YOU should remember you are a guest here.

Read it all. Just calling you out for trying to say PB’s play was in any way comparable to Henry. YOU should remember you are a guest here.
I did not ever say that. Show me. And guests are welcome. What's your point?

Still smiling over here! South Carolina simply did not have a weak spot to exploit last night. Everyone did their jobs well, and no one had an off game -- rare for that to happen. That said, Connecticut did well to hang with them as well as they did, even giving me a little scare when they cut it to six. Thank goodness SC had come out strong enough to build a cushion. I never TRULY doubted the outcome, though.

Sure would love to see our team in the FF next season. No WAY they don't at least make the E8, unless there's another multiple injury decimation.

Thanks again, Gamecocks!

VN Store

Back