My Way Too Early 2020-2021 SEC Men's Basketball Predictions

Here's the first 2020-2021 NCAA Tournament Bracketology by ESPN's Joe Lunardi. He has the BasketVols as a #5 Seed in the 2021 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament opening in San Jose against the winner of the #12 Seed game between St Louis and Arizona State.:cool:

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi

Last edited:
Here's the first 2020-2021 NCAA Tournament Bracketology by ESPN's Joe Lunardi. He has the BasketVols as a #5 Seed in the 2021 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament opening in San Jose against the winner of the #12 Seed game between St Louis and Arizona.:cool:

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi
Arizona St., I like that match-up, Plavsic gets revenge. I think UT will be lower than a 5th seed, tho. 3 seed is my prediction

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I definitely was thinking the #3 pick from the 2003 Draft. Thought maybe he was added to the coaching team or something haha.
He was in a movie, too. Can't remember the name, but I think a whole bunch of high school kids were stealing a SAT test or something. Might have been a horror film, too. Gotta be his Dad

Belichek has won 6 Super Bowls, not including being the DC of maybe the greatest defense of all time, the '86 Giants, who won another SB. Bruce Pearl has been to one Final 4 and has no (D1) NCAA Championships. U just compared Pearl to Belichek and I'm the dumb a$$
Put Pearl in a league with 30 or so teams and give him equal talent and, you never know, he might be right with him. Instead he constantly swims up stream at football schools and still manages to win at a rediculous pace. I was not comparing the two but making a point about someone complete inability to be objective. Don't ever let facts get in your way of your opinion.

Put Pearl in a league with 30 or so teams and give him equal talent and, you never know, he might be right with him. Instead he constantly swims up stream at football schools and still manages to win at a rediculous pace. I was not comparing the two but making a point about someone complete inability to be objective. Don't ever let facts get in your way of your opinion.
Or yours. Like I said, agree to disagree, nobody wants to see us argue. U love Pearl as a coach, I don't. U are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. So I'm done with it and u can wish Pearl was still here and secretly cheering for Auburn, while I will wait for the inevitable hammer to drop on your boy. It's just a matter of time.

Reactions: ColinS
Or yours. Like I said, agree to disagree, nobody wants to see us argue. U love Pearl as a coach, I don't. U are not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. So I'm done with it and u can wish Pearl was still here and secretly cheering for Auburn, while I will wait for the inevitable hammer to drop on your boy. It's just a matter of time.
Fair enough. I didn't say the hammer would or wouldn't drop on him. He is a cheater like so many. The NCAA will pick a couple of non blue bloods and throw the book at them. It might be Auburn.

Reactions: The Dog
I get everyone is rightfully down on White right now, but are you guys kidding me with these UF projections? UF is losing Blackshear. Nembhard is still up in the air. Everyone else is back.

UF will be a Top 20 team again pre-season.

I get everyone is rightfully down on White right now, but are you guys kidding me with these UF projections? UF is losing Blackshear. Nembhard is still up in the air. Everyone else is back.

UF will be a Top 20 team again pre-season.
Florida will never be as good as they can be as long as Mike White is their head basketball coach.

Reactions: 99volfan
Florida will never be as good as they can be as long as Mike White is their head basketball coach.
That's a fair opinion but, again, Florida essentially returns the entire roster from a freshman/sophomore roster that would've made the tournament. We'll be ranked pre-season again and hopefully this time we can at least live up to expectations.

That's a fair opinion but, again, Florida essentially returns the entire roster from a freshman/sophomore roster that would've made the tournament. We'll be ranked pre-season again and hopefully this time we can at least live up to expectations.

Hire a better basketball coach first

Hire a better basketball coach first
I wish.

Realistically we're not firing a coach who has made the tournament the past four seasons (counting this season) with a win in all of the tourneys which were actually played, and I'd be genuinely shocked if we don't make the tournament next season as well. Can a non blue blood fire a coach that has that kind of tourney streak? We'd get slaughtered.

He's the basketball version of Malzahn. Hopefully next year is the year he stumbles on something significant. We have the roster to win a championship and would likely be getting more hype if people weren't so rightfully down on White.

I wish.

Realistically we're not firing a coach who has made the tournament the past four seasons (counting this season) with a win in all of the tourneys which were actually played, and I'd be genuinely shocked if we don't make the tournament next season as well. Can a non blue blood fire a coach that has that kind of tourney streak? We'd get slaughtered.

He's the basketball version of Malzahn. Hopefully next year is the year he stumbles on something significant. We have the roster to win a championship and would likely be getting more hype if people weren't so rightfully down on White.

TN fired coaches that were 4 for 4 and 6 for 6 in NCAAT appearances.

TN fired coaches that were 4 for 4 and 6 for 6 in NCAAT appearances.
Neither Green nor Pearl were directly fired for performance.

White, by all accounts, has been a solid ambassador for the university.

If we underachieve again, limp into the tournament after being on the bubble most of the season, and bow out early, I could see us parting ways with White, but realistically he'll be here awhile.

If we underachieve again, limp into the tournament after being on the bubble most of the season, and bow out early, I could see us parting ways with White, but realistically he'll be here awhile.

Tennessee fans should hope so

Green absolutely was fired due to his teams' underperforming.

Uhh, why was Green fired, then?

VN Store

Back