My Way Too Early 2020-2021 SEC Men's Basketball Predictions

Uhh, why was Green fired, then?

If every other coach had his record and resume that has been at UT since Mears none of them would have been fired.

You can say Green underacheived but if he had a Barnes or Pearl or Martin personality he would have still been the coach here.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If every other coach had his record and resume that has been at UT since Mears none of them would have been fired.

You can say Green underacheived but if he had a Barnes or Pearl or Martin personality he would have still been the coach here.
Maybe not, but calling out your fans and boss is frowned upon when you go 22-11 (8-8) in season 4 and get bounced in round 1 by Charlotte.

It was clear he was underachieving with the talent that he had, there were clear off the court issues with several players, and then he basically dared his AD to fire him. Recipe for disaster when your athletic director doesn't really have a record of caring about basketball.

But I understand what you are saying. None of the coaches you mentioned would have bucked up like that, and would have likely been given the benefit of the doubt.

That and underachieving with perhaps the most talent Tennessee ever had at one time. But he definitely gave Dickey every reason to can him.
I'm sure if White gets an 8 seed next season, goes out in the first round, and then goes out and calls out the AD, he'll be canned. But White isn't the Green/McElwain type to self-implode like that.

I'm sure if White gets an 8 seed next season, goes out in the first round, and then goes out and calls out the AD, he'll be canned. But White isn't the Green/McElwain type to self-implode like that.
I'd say you're right, but given Florida's recent basketball history, the current talent, the expectations, and recent perception of underachievement, White could do those same things you mention and not call out the AD and still possibly be canned, next year.

I'd say you're right, but given Florida's recent basketball history, the current talent, the expectations, and recent perception of underachievement, White could do those same things you mention and not call out the AD and still possibly be canned, next year.
Yeah, we definitely need some positive momentum next season with the roster we have returning.

I'm not high on White... It'd just be tough to fire him after having five straight tourney teams without any external screw-ups. I think even Anthony Grant would do a better job at UF, but White, even if underachieving with the rosters he's put together, has managed our program well and respectfully.

True. But Tx A&M is loaded (maybe not so much with the oil business cratering though) and Arkansas has a lot of tradition. But if you're getting paid millions, would you rather live in Arkansas or College Station as opposed to Chapel Hill?

Good point. One or both of those 2 could end up at Duke or UNC or KY or KU.

Durham-Chapel Hill and Northwest Arkansas both have twice the population as Bryan/College Station. It's not Starkville but if A&M didn't have so much money/great facilities then CS might be just as desirable. They're lucky it's located in Texas with a huge amount of nearby talent.

As for Musselman I think his goal is to get back to an NBA head coaching job one day but if he sticks to the college game I could see him leaving for a blue blood like Duke or Kentucky, or somewhere on the west coast like UCLA since he has strong California ties. Other than that he seems to like the potential of what he can build at Arkansas. I mean we do currently have the #7 class with all kids originally from Arkansas so he didn't have to go very far to find talent lol. He's 54 though compared to Buzz and Oats who are 7-9 years younger so who knows.

Last edited:
Durham-Chapel Hill and Northwest Arkansas both have twice the population as Bryan/College Station. It's not Starkville but if A&M didn't have so much money/great facilities then CS might be just as desirable. They're lucky it's located in Texas with a huge amount of nearby talent.

As for Musselman I think his goal is to get back to an NBA head coaching job one day but if he sticks to the college game I could see him leaving for a blue blood like Duke or Kentucky, or somewhere on the east coast like UCLA since he has strong California ties. Other than that he seems to like the potential of what he can build at Arkansas. I mean we do currently have the #7 class with all kids originally from Arkansas so he didn't have to go very far to find talent lol. He's 54 though compared to Buzz and Oats who are 7-9 years younger so who knows.
I’ll assume you meant west coast. If not, we need to talk. 😆

Looking at UK having the top recruiting class and although nothing new there UK is going to need them to all show up. UK lost 2 to transferrring out(Whitney and Juzang), 1 to graduation(Sestina), 5 to the NBA in Maxey, Montgomery, Richards, Hagans, and Quickley). That only leaves reserve Brooks Jr. next season with any decent playing time this past season. Surely UK will struggle with basically an entire new team with 6 freshman and likely a few transfers and 1 reserve player returning. UT has a great chance to win the SEC outright next year.

Looking at UK having the top recruiting class and although nothing new there UK is going to need them to all show up. UK lost 2 to transferrring out(Whitney and Juzang), 1 to graduation(Sestina), 5 to the NBA in Maxey, Montgomery, Richards, Hagans, and Quickley). That only leaves reserve Brooks Jr. next season with any decent playing time this past season. Surely UK will struggle with basically an entire new team with 6 freshman and likely a few transfers and 1 reserve player returning. UT has a great chance to win the SEC outright next year.
Their hopes seem to hinge on Matt Haarms, which is hilarious, honestly. Guy is decent, but not someone I'd want to rely on to be the man. I'd rather have Montgomery.

Last edited:
Whatever. He is cheater and will probably eventually get another show cause, probably similar to Tyndall's, like 10 years. He lies (BBQ), he cheats (ask his wife, her "Alimony" salon and his hot blonde secretary he was having an affair with, then married (Brandy?) ) and has no loyalty (let Chuck Person go to prison for doing his dirty work). Total piece of sh!t that makes Calipari look like a saint. Can't stand him and can't wait until the hammer falls on him again. I hope he loses every effing game he coaches
Don’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel?

Reactions: The Dog
Wow, he said if he weren't going pro that Memphis would've been the choice.
I think Memphis and Auburn were neck and neck. As @VolGee4 mentioned a couple days ago, Memphis was convinced they were getting him. So was Auburn, though. I'd say it was close. I really hate that both schools have to lick their wounds over this one.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back