My Way Too Early 2020-2021 SEC Men's Basketball Predictions

As an admitted A&M fan, it’s painfully obvious that you think Buzz Williams is God’s gift to basketball. I think Pearl is a piece of crap, but right now, he is much more accomplished than every SEC coach outside of Calipari and Barnes. You can’t just arbitrarily judge the quality of a coach by solely comparing who does more with less. Part of being a really good college coach is getting really good players, managing egos, and meshing talents. Pearl and Calipari have done a great job of that. It’s really no surprise that those two teams have been the most successful over the past three years. Buzz may prove to be that level of coach after some time at A&M.

Also, why can’t Buzz stay at one place? I know this was a little different since he’s a Texas boy but it’s a legitimate complaint.

Bruce has been at Barn for 6 years. TN for 6. Milwaukee for 4. It's a big year or 2 coming up for him. TN was a dumpster fire at the same point that Bruce is now at in Cow Town. So maybe he's learned a little along the way and can keep Barn from heading back to irrelevance.

Bruce has been at Barn for 6 years. TN for 6. Milwaukee for 4. It's a big year or 2 coming up for him. TN was a dumpster fire at the same point that Bruce is now at in Cow Town. So maybe he's learned a little along the way and can keep Barn from heading back to irrelevance.
It probably can be argued that the end of his tenure at Tennessee was greatly affected by the events that led to his demise and firing. If the BBQ fallout never happened, I'm sure he likely signs another good class and the ball keeps rolling. Calling it a dumpster fire only takes into account the events that occurred in the final 9 months of his tenure. Throw that event out, and the future prognosis was much brighter, I'd think.

It probably can be argued that the end of his tenure at Tennessee was greatly affected by the events that led to his demise and firing. If the BBQ fallout never happened, I'm sure he likely signs another good class and the ball keeps rolling. Calling it a dumpster fire only takes into account the events that occurred in the final 9 months of his tenure. Throw that event out, and the future prognosis was much brighter, I'd think.
Maybe but when judging him as a coach, why throw out that event if it was his causing?

Reactions: SuggsOrMatthews
If the BBQ had never happened, I think we may have had a Final 4 run in us that very season that went to crap (2011). We had just gone to the Elite 8, and though we lost Prince and Chism from the year before, we added Tobias Harris and Hopson had his best year of his college career that year. We rolled through the early part of the year, including very impressive top 10 wins over Villanova and Pitt. We'll never know of course, but I think this is the very reason it kills me to watch dbag Will Wade still coaching. Bruce Pearl lied about the location of a recruit's visit and nearly got the electric chair. At the very least, Will Wade lied about doing business with Christian Dawkins, and though he was suspended for a few games, he and LSU have basically said F-U to the NCAA the whole time, and so far that seems to be working just fine for them.

If connecting all if the dots, you can't ignore CBP's decision making and lack of integrity. He's a better coach in an environment when his school can tell the NCAA to eff off without consequences. That wasn't the MO when he was making multiple bad decisions while running the UT basketball program. He's in his element working at one of the most corrupt athletic departments in major college athletics while the policing of bad actors has been neutered.

Maybe but when judging him as a coach, why throw out that event if it was his causing?
Well, because in the context of the discussion, it is the focal issue that caused the perceived "dumpster fire". Only in the context of that discussion am I suggesting that it caused that perception. I'm not suggesting we ignore it altogether.

Get real. The guy is kicking our ass and mostly everyone elses ass at freaking Auburn. Probably one of the five worst destinations in power 5 basketball. Why can't you just admit that he is a great coach and move on. Do you think he is the only coach that works the refs? As far as cheating he probably isn't doing anything that two thirds of the other coaches are doing. He is probably doing less than programs like Kansas and North Carolina who have been given a license to cheat by the NCAA are doing.
Get real ? Bwaa-ha-ha, how many times have u been able to change somebody's opinion on VN with this method ? My opinion's not changing, so agree to disagree. BTW, the Vols will beat Pearl and Auburn every time they play them next year. When they do play next year, I will even give u 2 to 1 odds, so holla at me

Illinois still hates BP and Iowa is shaking their head UT is split half think he's the next coming and half think otherwise. How he came out of all this and continues to do it it is amazing in it's self.
I loved UT while he was here and held my nose while he coached & played Steven over other deserving players.
I think he is a better coach now than ever,knows how to navigate the cheating game, he can work the refs more now because his ESPN Gig gave him more
gravitas with the refs who are big BB fans. Think about this, Auburn won 13 game that came down to the last possession and 5 & 0 in Overtime.
Now you would expect these numbers from Coach K which we have came to expect but BP owns the refs in the SEC.
Some of that can be knowing how to get it done & some the refs. Although the reviews would have took away some of Coach K's wins in the past.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Get real ? Bwaa-ha-ha, how many times have u been able to change somebody's opinion on VN with this method ? My opinion's not changing, so agree to disagree. BTW, the Vols will beat Pearl and Auburn every time they play them next year. When they do play next year, I will even give u 2 to 1 odds, so holla at me
A person can have any opinion they want but I just happen to base mine on facts. I hate Bill Belicheck with a passion but I'm not gonna get up on some soapbox like a dumbass and say he isn't that good of a coach.

Reactions: beamerman
I would be surprised if any of there starting 5 return, Montgomery and Quickly seem the most likely but I think they are both gone as well
I think Quickley leaves and Montgomery stays, though I would not be surprised if both stayed or both left.

I think Kentucky fans are ready for Hagans to move on. Lots of talent, but kid seemed to produce more drama than wins for them.
Yeah, many seemed to quickly sour on him (those who weren't already) when he refused to reenter the Tennessee game. He isn't the most beloved Wildcat in the bunch.

A person can have any opinion they want but I just happen to base mine on facts. I hate Bill Belicheck with a passion but I'm not gonna get up on some soapbox like a dumbass and say he isn't that good of a coach.
Belichek has won 6 Super Bowls, not including being the DC of maybe the greatest defense of all time, the '86 Giants, who won another SB. Bruce Pearl has been to one Final 4 and has no (D1) NCAA Championships. U just compared Pearl to Belichek and I'm the dumb a$$

I've been impressed with Arkansas and Bama's coaches and their recruiting. I think both schools made nice hires.

VN Store

Back